Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Kidnapping - The Nigerian Police & Their Lousy Attitude - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapping - The Nigerian Police & Their Lousy Attitude (456 Views)

Legal Kidnapping- The Way Forward / Police Catches 19-year-old Girl, Driver In Imo State For Kidnapping And Robbery / 52-yr-old Man Arrested For Kidnapping, Raping 14-yr-old Boy (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping - The Nigerian Police & Their Lousy Attitude by linnyx: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
For quite some time now the Benin-Lagos Express especially around the Ekiadolor axis has been a den for robbers and kidnappers. They come out any-time especially in the mornings, rob travellers and kidnap the ones they feel can part with some money. Now the amazing thing is that there is this Police station just a few meters from where these men of the underworld operate from and nothing is being done to stop this menace.

A few days ago my uncle and his wife on his way from Lagos was unfortunately caught in the web of their operation and my uncle and another man was seized and drag into the bush while my aunt was left behind. Amazingly, it wasn’t up to five minutes when the police showed up according to my aunt; my aunt and others pointed to the policemen the direction the kidnappers took. From that point they could still make out the form of the men. But the policemen declined to go after them saying that they shouldn’t worry, the kidnapped men will be released.
At the police station, the police told them that they are into the case and will want to be kept in the know when the ransom call comes in so they can monitor from their end. They even encouraged that we pay up so that the men can be returned without stories and after all they (the kidnappers) just released one person yesterday and another three days ago and so on.

At the point of departure my uncle’s car was being left behind but the police insisted that they take it along for fear of it being vandalized – in a police station!

Well, I thank God that my uncle has been released but my question remains who really are these kidnappers?
I strongly believe that there are a few good policemen left and if the authorities gets to read this they really need to look into that Ekiadolor axis of the Benin-Lagos express way and also the Benin by-pass. A whole lot of stealing and kidnapping are going on around those areas

OAM4J, Afam4eva lalasticlala kindly publish to fp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapping - The Nigerian Police & Their Lousy Attitude by osemoses1234(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2015
Owk

(1) (Reply)

We Began Investigating Alison Madueke In 2013 / Fraud Alert! / Yahoo Mail Blocks Over 15 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.