Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,313 members, 7,864,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why I Stopped Going To Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Going To Church (5196 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Reason I Stopped Going To Church / Reason I Stopped Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
durubrian:

so the church should be 'OUR' own synagogue

Nope. In see no need to go to a place where God didn't tell me to go.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 1:48am On Sep 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Nope. In see no need to go to a place where God didn't tell me to go.

your excuse is lame and deficient. don't bring God into your unwise and uninformed actions. you no wan go church....SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by pamcode(m): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Nigerians sha both you and the pastor wife are at fault.you would have done well by informing them b4 you left you know, guranteeing for someone comes with risks.
But still at least the wife of the pastor should have at least tried to contact and find out about why you stop coming b4 sge did what she did.
Lastly whatever it is you did at ur workplace has a way of back-firing at the church

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

your excuse is lame and deficient. don't bring God into your unwise and uninformed actions. you no wan go church....SIMPLE!

that's normal Christian talk.

They normally have no proof of anything and yet they want people to listen to dem.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by GRACEGLORY: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2015
moscobabs:
hunn so pathetic.!!!!

Me too stop going to church when our parish pastor who post his job 4 years ago decided to look for another job he is actually a part time RCCG pastor. our area pastor wife promised to get him a job in Hus company (she owns a P&G distribution company) and she decided to be paying him 50k .somewhere that was collecting 200k before. to cut the story short, she Employed him as The warehouse manager .after 3 days of respecting him as a fellow pastor she start treat the pastor like a slave, I mean slave. she tell him to enter the truck and start using his head to carry Pampers or bags of Ariel detergent from truck to the warehouse. she stop hi. from attending faith clinic and digging deep .

most Pastors and the wives are nothing but devil incarnates .

Judas, was one of Chist disciples, he heard him preach the Word of life for three years, and saw the miracles performed by him... yet he gave room for satan to use him.
One device of satan, is to posses the man of GOD, rubbish him so that by his attitude people will be distracted from GOD so he could possess them in same manner.
Don't let one Pastor's attitude take you away from God.

"Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on ... for His sheep to such an extent that he provides them with knowledgeable pastor-Jeremiah 3:15.
Ask him to direct you to your Pastor.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by GRACEGLORY: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Judas, was one of Chist disciples, he heard him preach the Word of life for three years, and saw the miracles performed by him... yet he gave room for satan to use him.
One device of satan, is to posses the man of GOD, rubbish him so that by his attitude people will be distracted from GOD so he could possess them in same manner.
Don't let one Pastor's attitude take you away from God.

"Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on ... for His sheep to such an extent that he provides them with knowledgeable pastor-Jeremiah 3:15.
Ask him to direct you to your Pastor.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2015
chuna1985:

that's normal Christian talk.

They normally have no proof of anything and yet they want people to listen to dem.

really? then why are you always quick to comment on threads that are Christian related?

your blackmail against Christianity is dead on arrival.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

really? then why are you always quick to comment on threads that are Christian related?

your blackmail against Christianity is dead on arrival.

To save the confused people that are seeking vigorously for a way out of Christianity.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
chuna1985:

To save the confused people that are seeking vigorously for a way out of Christianity.

or rather to preach your own religion to them. keep trying. IMO.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

or rather to preach your own religion to them. keep trying. IMO.

Nah, I have no religion.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Nah, I have no religion.

neither do I, Christianity is a way of life, not a religion, but a nihilist like you is only looking for who to join you in your loneliness. you are on your own dude.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nihilist: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

neither do I, Christianity is a way of life, not a religion, but a nihilist like you is only looking for who to join you in your loneliness. you are on your own dude.

Pardon?
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

What is a Nihilist?

Keep deluding yourself.... Christianity is a common man made religion, just like Islam n Buddhism and African traditional religion.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
chuna1985:

What is a Nihilist?

Keep deluding yourself.... Christianity is a common man made religion, just like Islam n Buddhism and African traditional religion.

keep your uninformed opinion to yourself....better still, go and sell it elsewhere.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep your uninformed opinion to yourself....better still, go and sell it elsewhere.

Jesus was a Man, there's non way he can be the son of the most High God because God's don't give birth to children.

Jesus died gruesome n early death(His ministry was just 3 years old at the time ), That was because he glorified himself n kept God aside. David has same access to same God, but he respected him n thus his ministry lasted 3 years.

My opinion will remain uninformed to u because u simply want a savior that washes ur sin. lol
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 29, 2015
I stopped going to any church a long time ago. The reason? The evil the people in the church are capable of I can't do that to my worse enermy! Don't judge me! U could say you go to church to serve your God, don't ignore the fact that the people make up the church. Their is nothing church members aren't capable of! Rubbery ? Infidelity? Adultery? The first married woman who wanted to get me laid was my cell leader. I was once abandoned around 2 am in the middle of the street because my pastor isn't going my way cause I am the band leader so I close last and pack the equipment. Even my neighbor who has a car said he can't carry 4 in the back seat. 2am I wondered home scared and unprotected because I can't sleep in church( don't ask me why). The next day everyone came to lift their holyhands. If I ever return to church again its ethier Anglican or Jehovah's witnesses. Modern churches are lost!
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2015
My story is similar.
I stopped playing for the church to support my claim that my new job didn't give me the time, since I had to attend every rehearsal and arrive early to participate on Sundays.

This didn't go down well with pastor, and wife my former employers. The sunday sermons changed. Every sentence was about me.

Now I truly have a better job, maybe I shld jst attend to torment him some more...
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Princewell2012(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
yorke1:
What they did was wrong but since you started working...transport fare shouldn't be an issue to you again if you were able to transpot yourself while you were still unemployed.

You took thiz out of my mind.

I think there is somtin the op is not telling us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Theme For Shiloh 2016 / Eating Food In Your Dream Is It Biblical? / See The T-shirt I Wore That My Pastor Is....... (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.