Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust (42407 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Kellzcold: 10:57am On Sep 20, 2015
A lot of people don't know the senators angle. The fact is that if they confirm that this Saraki's witch-hunt is done by buhari, they will back out and leave Saraki on his own. But if they confirm it is Tinubu, acting as a cabal from lagos and controlling affairs in the Senate, it tramples on their pride. The senate will fight back because if saraki is targeted easily today then any senator can be dealt with at any time.

We'll see how this story goes, as for me I'm enjoying this Nigerian game of thrones cool
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2015
i don't know how these senator are not ashamed, imagine these old fool coming together for a meeting that really doesn't make sense, they are calling on Buhari to intervene and help in shielding a thief, if he now intervene is hie not encouraging corruption? I don't blame some people on NL

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by adanny01(m): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2015
efilefun:
I thought some people were calling CCT a road side court, lets watch as a road side court be making orders a corrupted federal court cant make... who even knew this people existed under the previous administrations. What a pity

Who knew a simple "irrelevant" unknown judge has the ernomous powers to send a Senate president, the number 3 citizen packing. Kai, i love politics.

Saraki should have pocketed his ambition and live to fight another day. Now, he has dug a big hole enough to bury his entire political ambition.

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by omodayomi(f): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2015
saraki have no problem, the only problem he has is that he will NOT see peace through out his stay as senate president unless otherwise.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by IYANGBALI: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2015
"Mere senators" fighting for a "mere senate president" grin

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Olsoo(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2015
ademega:
before I take anybody serious either senators, kwara supporters, apc or pdp and even saraki himself, let him come and defend these conspicuous allegations and convince us that they are lies.
I hate it when they are not addressing issues.

instead of meetings or court injunctions, let them bring out facts and figures to show and prove the allegations are false.

the funny thing about all these groups is that, the will first of all support the president stand on anitcorupption campaign then put but "he is not the only person"
ridiculous. let us start the fight from him then downwards like that.

Me too bro. angry They all seem concerned about Saraki himself, and not the allegations against him. Same way some silly people keep blabbing that a court doesn't have jurisdiction to challenge him and summon him for trial! I taya for Nigerians oooooo angry

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by lat78: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=Cpumping post=38188042]indifferent.

u back-bite pdp, back-bite apc.

karma is b.itch. if dis was ur comment, I would hav applause u
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2015
If saraki can acquire all he has while in office, in the next four years what do u think he have by then and we would be shouting we want Nigeria to be a better place. i beg Nigeria judiciary to stand on what is right and make Saraki face the wrath of the law and use him as a scape goat so that every other polithieves would know there is nobody above the law. if saraki's children can have the sum of 4.5, 4.6 million dollars each in their account, what has being his contribution to the people of his state? we have poor children out there in kwara state that their parent can't afford three square meals not to now talk of common education, no wonder after sending there own children to school abroad to acquire professional course, they end up becoming wayward and drug users to extent some even come back without acquiring their main goal of traveling abroad coming back in the name of being a Dj or musician. well am not surprise because they money they use in bringing up their children is caused money, so noting good comes out of their children. I pray may they reap their evil deeds on earth before death comes for them all (AMEN).

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by exactly77(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Demmocrats:
Our senate president is been fought by men with extreme power and influence.

What the senators are doing is to try to come together and force an alliance that is strong enough to withstand the strong force against our senate President.

If the strong force succeed that will be the end for saraki but if he succeed with the help of the senators then a new saraki will emerge with much influence to even seat as the next president.

The politics is about the next president 2019

Our Senate President indeed. That man has a rebellious spirit. He did it with his dad and got away. His cup is now full. There's a new heavenly over Nigeria. Such extreme selfishness can no longer thrive!
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by saintandsinnerz: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
itsMrIke:
“We want Mr President to use his good offices to call the operators of these anti- graft bodies to order in the interest of peace. We should not bring down the shining light in Nigerian politics just because someone does not want to see his face. President Buhari should not keep mute on Saraki’s unjust persecution,” the group stated

Now I am certain we have scoundrels for senators. Really? So instead of these men to think about how best we can fight corruption, they want the president to stop a legal process, because if involves their leader?
Shouldn't they embarrassed that they voted a questionable character to lead then in the chamber?
I am ashamed for for these men.
No i think the shame should be on you for lacking comprehension ability. The group that made that statement was a political support group from Kwara state not the senators. Now go back and read slowly so that you will understand and make the necessary modification in your post
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by JuicyStar: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
H
makzeze:

No fewer than 50 senators yesterday met in Abuja concerning the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT’s) invitation to Senate President Bukola Saraki for trial over alleged improper declaration of assets between 2003 and 2011.
At the weekend, the CCT, presided over by Justice Danladi Umar, issued an order to the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, and other security agencies to arrest the Senate President for failure to appear before the tribunal last Friday. They were asked to produce him on Monday to face the trial. There is a 13-count criminal charge raised against Saraki by the Federal Government over an alleged false declaration of assets Continued from Page 1

On his part, the Senate President rushed to the Court of Appeal in Abuja on that same day, seeking the stay of execution of the tribunal’s order.
Daily Trust on Sunday gathered that the senators who attended the emergency meeting held in a private office near the popular Next Supermarket, cut across party lines - the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and other parties represented in the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly. The meeting, which started at 11.00am ended at 3.00pm with some senators who were not in the country participating through telephone.
The Daily Trust on Sunday gathered that some senators who were on holidays in the US, UK and those who are performing the on-going Hajj exercise in Saudi Arabia participated in the meeting through telephone.
The meeting, which was chaired by the Deputy Senate Leader, Bala Ibn Na’Allah, pledged to support the anti-graft war of President Buhari, but accused ‘a cabal’ in The Presidency of instigating the government institutions against Senate President Saraki.
Daily Trust on Sunday learnt that Senator Saraki was not part of the meeting, but participants resolved to use all necessary channels to correct the anomaly.
Speaking on the development, one of the senators who attended the meeting said they initially suspected President Buhari to be the brain behind the trials, but after exhaustive deliberations they had a second thought on the issue.
“Our colleagues were angry at the beginning of the meeting because they were initially suspecting that the President has hand in the trial of Saraki. But after heated debate, they understood that Buhari was not responsible for it.
“One of our colleagues present at the meeting suggested that the Senate should reconvene on Monday [tomorrow] in order to address the challenge. His suggestion, however, did not see the light of day as we resolved to use other channels to address the challenge.”
In a telephone interview, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah said they had unanimously resolved to work with Buhari to achieve his programmes and policies.
“We have resolved to use all available powers under the constitution to ensure that no cabal exists and run the government on behalf of Buhari and we have also resolved to deal decisively with the cabal,” he said.
Some of the senators who attended the meeting included Senator Samuel Anyanwu (PDP, Imo East), Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi West), Senator Binta Garba Masi (APC, Adamawa North), and Senator Kabiru Gaya (APC, Kano South).
Others were Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (APC, Kwara South), Senator Hamma Misau (APC, Bauchi Central), and Senator Hope Uzodinma (PDP, Imo-West).
Meanwhile, a political group from Saraki’s home, Maja Elders Forum yesterday canvassed for the prompt intervention of President Buhari in the senate president’s ordeal.
The group, in a statement signed by its coordinator, Alhaji Kayode Yusuf, said that Saraki was being witchhunted following his emergence as the Senate President few months ago which should not continue in the interest of peace in the polity.
The group said, “we are taken aback by the recent developments in the nation’s political circle where Saraki seems to be the only politician that should be investigated by the anti-graft agencies in Nigeria. We are not opposed to anti-corruption crusades of President Buhari but what we don’t understand is, why should the searchlight be beamed only on our leader to the exclusion of others?
“We want Mr President to use his good offices to call the operators of these anti- graft bodies to order in the interest of peace. We should not bring down the shining light in Nigerian politics just because someone does not want to see his face. President Buhari should not keep mute on Saraki’s unjust persecution,” the group stated.
Efforts by the Daily Trust on Sunday to get the police to speak on the issue did not yield result as all phone calls and text messages by our correspondent to the Force Public Relations Officer, Mrs Olabisi Kolawole, were not answered.
The Court of Appeal will tomorrow hear the ex-parte motion brought by the embattled senate president concerning the order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal to have him arrested and brought for trial.

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/saraki-senators-in-emergency-meeting/111564.html

“We want Mr President to use his good offices to call the operators of these anti- graft bodies to order in the interest of peace. We should not bring down the shining light in Nigerian politics just because someone does not want to see his face. President Buhari should not keep mute on Saraki’s unjust persecution,” the group stated."

Why are they calling on PMB to act? Are they deaf to hear that PMB isn't going to intefere with any dealings in the legislature? When they were doing their election they were forming independence. Face and deal with ur shit.

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Reference(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is what you get with lopsided justice. Prosecute some, leave others. Just like partial treatment of infectious diseases, it comes back much worse. If the Buhari led government cannot find a balance in its policies this administration will be plagued by serious opposition throughout its tenure. The good thing though, perhaps people will now see the need for proper institutions as against parochial interests. The instability witnessed today has not been seen since the early years of the Obasanjo presidency.

I hope Saraki after putting up a good fight will make way so that the real intentions of government will be revealed whether for good or bad.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by nduchucks: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What can the Senators do? NOTHING!

It appears that this poster is becoming more mature in his commentaries and is slowly removing blind partisanship from his opinions. We shall keep observing - the jury is still out.

On a different note, the Senators who are claiming that Saraki is being witch hunted while completely ignoring the evidence in front of them against Saraki, should be lined up and lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
nduchucks:

It appears that this poster is becoming more mature in his commentaries and is slowly removing blind partisanship from his opinions. We shall keep observing - the jury is still out.

On a different note, the Senators who are claiming that Saraki is being witch hunted while completely ignoring the evidence in front of them against Saraki, should be lined up and lipsrsealed
They are only trying to pritect themselves. Anyway, they can't do ANYTHING
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by journerman(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
Bunch of idiots, there is no party affiliation in Nigeria. Corruption unites them all, as evident here, now there's no more opposition, PDP meeting with APC just to collectively fight against justice and defend their corrupt selves. Only in Nigeria, fools.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
let saraki face the music....
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Akanbiedu(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
nduchucks:

It's been a while chief. What's happening? Don't make me believe people who say "when you are chopping, you don't talk".

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Eluwilussit(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
sandraokosun:
who be the fly when wan follow dead body enter grave. Trust me its just a bunch of igbo senators gathering over a fulani/yoruba man

Did u read up to the list of names?
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by nduchucks: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Akanbiedu:

It's been a while chief. What's happening? Don't make me believe people who say "when you are chopping, you don't talk".

Oga mi sir, good to read your post.

E Pele ti HID o.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by favourlove1: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Demmocrats:

What the senators are doing is to try to come together and force an alliance that is strong enough to withstand the strong force against our senate President.

If the strong force succeed that will be the end for saraki but if he succeed with the help of the senators then a new saraki will emerge with much influence to even seat as the next president.

your poiNts in d last two paragraphs. Saraki is a formidable force. If he comes out of this then Apc is in for a long ride. 2019 is gono be very interesting
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by completeyr(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Demmocrats:

wow! u r viewing it 4rm dat point... anyway, all we want & pray 4 is d progress of our kontry
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by joseph1832(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
tomakint:
The best thing these gathering Senators can do is to advise Saraki to go defend himself on Monday at the CCT or he risk being arrested.......these gathering with the bid to look into one thing or the order is a belated move and long thing. Advise Saraki to go defend himself on Monday - Period!
So true brother, after all, one who is innocent need not fear. So I guess Saraki knows he has so many dead skeletons in his cupboard that's why he's trying to play smart.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by midolian(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
modath:

PMB should ask a court to stop its function, when he was elected for sanitation purposes?

"In the interest of peace"threats,right? .

Make una do una worse,Asari threaten pass this, he take kontro last!!!

Saraki's kinsmen are crazy!!!

Their "shining light" has not only cornered their present resources, he has constituted himself to a demi-god in the guise of his father in order to mortgage their unborn children's inheritance, and they are shouting persecution!!!!.

My kwara people just don't want to be great. undecided
embarassed embarassed embarassed I am kwaran..I want to be great, we want to be great. Don't mind those perpetually enslaved kinsmen. They represent all that is wrong with kwara after Saraki. Majority of the kwarans are now against saraki and will be happy to see him face the law.
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Opinedecandid(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
ibedun:

Bros, this is national politics not village politics. Saraki will attend the hearing tomorrow, his choice as to whether he is arrested or not.

Why do you, yourself mistake National politics for village politics.

With your wealth of knowledge of village politics, what are the possible things that could happen if the judiciary cast aspersions on the Legislature, by arresting the Head of the Legislature?

I need not say more
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by modath(f): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
midolian:
embarassed embarassed embarassed I am kwaran..I want to be great, we want to be great. Don't mind those perpetually enslaved kinsmen. They represent all that is wrong with kwara after Saraki. Majority of the kwarans are now against saraki and will be happy to see him face the law.

Great you shall be & remain... So sorry that came so hard & harsh but it hurts that our people want to stay in the same place.

I had an area big sis back in the day that used to sing "baba oloye" this, "baba oloye" that like he is a rep of God almighty...

Unlike Tinubu (Not without reproach), he didn't think of having any legacy, he just wants to take, take, and take & take.... angry

1 Like

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by midolian(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
modath:

Great you shall be & remain... So sorry that came so hard & harsh but it hurts that our people want to stay in the same place.

I had an area big sis back in the day that used to sing "baba oloye" this, "baba oloye" that like he is a rep of God almighty...

Unlike Tinubu (Not without reproach), he didn't think of having any legacy, he just wants to take, take, and take & take.... angry
I understand. smiley ..Thank you very much. You shall be great too wink

That's just the annoying thing about him. @ the emboldened. angry
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Charly68: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
These people never knew they have enmeshed themselves in a terrible mess..with their leader hiding under the law to do the needful,they will soil their integrity completely..what do they have to do .? No room for Ghana must go bag in the national assembly & the best to go about it is to remove the corruption master himself who presided over the Hallow chamber. Let them go to supreme court,Saraki is a goner
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by Joeoku78: 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
Commencing the fight against corruption starting from number 3 citizen in the country is a welcome idea.
I believe the CCB will before 10 am on monday release warrant arrest to the IG to arrest and produce Saraki before it to defend himself. That is democracy
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by flokii: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
He fvcked with a REAL politician..

JAGABAN himself..

Igbo leaders need to go humble and take lessons from this man...
Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by soniaogbu(f): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
You are very correct
Demmocrats:

Re: Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust by thuao(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Whereever there is shit, u will find fly.
What else do u expect, bunch of corrupt sinators, trying to save their heads.
Let saraki face the law n prove his innocence or guilty.
Anything short of that is an injury to Nigerians.
Witch hunt or no witch hunt. Let the guilty be punished or innocent be freed . one less criminal is a good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Gives Up: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" / Police Arrests International Child Pornography Suspects In Kano (Photo) / Air Force Shared Old Pictures As Proof Of Recent Victory Over Boko Haram - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.