Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things (55681 Views)

This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / Ten Reasons Many Christian Worship Leaders Are Spiritually Bankrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2015
greyce:
Geez! I'm guilty of almost every1 of them.HELP ME LORD cry
"My Power is made known through thy weaknesses"
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Demmocrats:
Op i seriously disagree with you

Anger has its own advantages in things of God even the almighty at some point showed Roth/anger

A true Christian is filled with the holy spirit so all those things you mentioned are suppressed by the holy spirit. Those things are mark of church goers not a true Christian filled with the holy spirit and directed by God.
You don't have to agree with me bro.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Tonnierichy(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Bsc:
I gat it all.
Thief cheesy cheesy grin
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2015
holluwai:
God help me, I'd like to have 100% control over all these and ever more.
Just walk by Faith with Christ daily. Though some requires prayer of Faith
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by scobaba: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2015
E no easy.

What is life without a little of all these.

Even if u dey monastry.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Damsman10(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The phrase "Spiritual maturity" seems to many Christains a non-attainable feat while many have been doctrinated to believe "Spiritual maturity" can only be attained by the G.O's and "they"are mean't to be Spiritual reta'rds like the Galatians. Be it as it may,whatever it is,is totally unscriptural; a siege made to limit your full usage of your right as a Christain (A disciple of Christ).Spiritual maturity is attainable and you can grow into it in few days. But first we must understand what Spiritual maturity means.

Contrary to what we have in the churches, Spiritual maturity is not a 'journey' requiring scores of years but a journey requiring simple 'Faith' in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long maintained state of Spirit supremacy over all things that makes you "you." In saying what makes you,you I mean things that makes you a Spiritual reta'rd.

And If you are have "perfect" control over the areas listed below then you are Spiritually matured by the Standard of Christ irrespective of what your church teaches.

1. Anger: Anger brought down the great prophet Moses and caused him to be the one of the many who sees with their eyes but taste not with their mouth.Anger is a great hindrance to your growth into Spiritual maturity. To become a Spiritual giant in the Spiritual realm you need to subject anger. Remember no one heard a word of anger in his mouth.

2. Flesh: Talk about the fall of Samson flesh caused it in form of lust. The flesh is not the only hinderance as believed but one of the many hindrances to Spiritual maturity, quick and deadly.You must subject your flesh in all it's form.

3. Appetite: "How art the mighty fallen." Esau lost his birthright to appetite. The right to give birth to the natiom of Israel: for God has promised Isaac "To your seed" and Esau was the fist born; rightful heir but he lost it. Your appetite might hinder you from growing into Spiritual maturity.

4. Tongue: What brought plague upon the Israelites? Tongue.What brought leprosy on Miriam? Tongue. Need I to say anything more on Tongue? You have to subject and control

5. Jealousy: An inbuilt trait present in every single individual. Bad when supreme good when subjected.Spiritual maturity requires you to control your innate jealousy.

6. Feelings And Emotions: Seems a major problem among Christain youths.But if you don't control your feelings and emotions your feelings and emotions will control you and when it does you can never attain Spiritual maturity.

7. Thoughts And Imagination: When you have such a past like I had, thoughts and imagination becomes a great hindrance to your Spiritual growth into maturity.Notwithstanding, you have to have control over them and that is why there is number eight.

8. Heart: "Out of the heart comes......." The Bible admonish us to guard our heart. The ability to gaurd your heart is Spiritual maturity. What comes in and goes out,who comes in and goes out must always be under your control.

Seems hard,didn't it? But not when the Holy Spirit is involved. Remember by strength shall no man prevail even to say,you don't have power over your inner though you may do to some extent over your outer and these problems are inner. Not by power, nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord.Remember, what the heart can conceive a man can achieve. Trust the Spirit and see if all these altogether will not be evident in your life.

thanks op , simple n short
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Adesiji77: 9:25am On Sep 20, 2015
panachuku:
ur not human if u have PERFECT control over every single one of them grin

Fixed! cheesy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by ylaa(f): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2015
lovely write up.
thanks bro
please keep it up
am so blessed by this.
thanks
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2015
gassdon:
Principled person can nave control in all you listed without been spiritual

Disciplined man/woman will handle it better. Ok?

For me is more of discipline than spiritual
Have not seen one before.. if you have kindly drop his name I had like to meet him
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2015
ylaa:
lovely write up. thanks bro please keep it up am so blessed by this. thanks
Glad you are blessed
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by change49ja: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The phrase "Spiritual maturity" seems to many Christains a non-attainable feat while many have been doctrinated to believe "Spiritual maturity" can only be attained by the G.O's and "they"are mean't to be Spiritual reta'rds like the Galatians. Be it as it may,whatever it is,is totally unscriptural; a siege made to limit your full usage of your right as a Christain (A disciple of Christ).Spiritual maturity is attainable and you can grow into it in few days. But first we must understand what Spiritual maturity means.

Contrary to what we have in the churches, Spiritual maturity is not a 'journey' requiring scores of years but a journey requiring simple 'Faith' in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long maintained state of Spirit supremacy over all things that makes you "you." In saying what makes you,you I mean things that makes you a Spiritual reta'rd.

And If you are have "perfect" control over the areas listed below then you are Spiritually matured by the Standard of Christ irrespective of what your church teaches.

1. Anger: Anger brought down the great prophet Moses and caused him to be the one of the many who sees with their eyes but taste not with their mouth.Anger is a great hindrance to your growth into Spiritual maturity. To become a Spiritual giant in the Spiritual realm you need to subject anger. Remember no one heard a word of anger in his mouth.

2. Flesh: Talk about the fall of Samson flesh caused it in form of lust. The flesh is not the only hinderance as believed but one of the many hindrances to Spiritual maturity, quick and deadly.You must subject your flesh in all it's form.

3. Appetite: "How art the mighty fallen." Esau lost his birthright to appetite. The right to give birth to the natiom of Israel: for God has promised Isaac "To your seed" and Esau was the fist born; rightful heir but he lost it. Your appetite might hinder you from growing into Spiritual maturity.

4. Tongue: What brought plague upon the Israelites? Tongue.What brought leprosy on Miriam? Tongue. Need I to say anything more on Tongue? You have to subject and control

5. Jealousy: An inbuilt trait present in every single individual. Bad when supreme good when subjected.Spiritual maturity requires you to control your innate jealousy.

6. Feelings And Emotions: Seems a major problem among Christain youths.But if you don't control your feelings and emotions your feelings and emotions will control you and when it does you can never attain Spiritual maturity.

7. Thoughts And Imagination: When you have such a past like I had, thoughts and imagination becomes a great hindrance to your Spiritual growth into maturity.Notwithstanding, you have to have control over them and that is why there is number eight.

8. Heart: "Out of the heart comes......." The Bible admonish us to guard our heart. The ability to gaurd your heart is Spiritual maturity. What comes in and goes out,who comes in and goes out must always be under your control.

Seems hard,didn't it? But not when the Holy Spirit is involved. Remember by strength shall no man prevail even to say,you don't have power over your inner though you may do to some extent over your outer and these problems are inner. Not by power, nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord.Remember, what the heart can conceive a man can achieve. Trust the Spirit and see if all these altogether will not be evident in your life.

On points
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by HopeAlive14(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:

What if someone has "perfect" control over these emotions but he is not a Christian?

1 Like

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by danduj(m): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2015
it's very difficult to av control over all dis things,no 1 is perfect
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
ggirl4real:
We live in the world so one is likely to falter in one way or the other. God shall continue to give us the grace to stand.

The issue is that nowadays, "Christians" give excuses why they should indulge in sin. "Afterall, we are saved by grace". God help us...
true talk, especially the one that is 'normal' in this our generation, knowing that u want to sin b4 u commit the sin just because we've come to understand that 'the grace is sufficient for all, God will forgive and forget'. I came to know recently that living such a life is living a rebellous life, its a way of 'living in sin(iniquity-sins of the flesh)' and this is not thru repentance(from the true definition of repentance).
Some ppl also have dates to visit their worship centres for confessions and still go back to the same act.
Its a deadly thing, I pray so many of our eyes be open, no mortal/immortal can deceive God.

The first ccomingg of Christ, he came as a lamb. Many still picture him in that meek form.
The second coming , he's coming like a lion. Even St John was doubting that was truely the same Jesus he knew when he saw him in his vision.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by petux(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Nothing is difficult for Christ. If it's lust of eyes and flesh there is a key to it but first you must possess something.
Posses what??
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2015
danduj:
for humans, yes it is...even Jesus while on earth if not for the Spirit of God in him.

All u need is to repent and switch form. Build more on ur spiritual life and have it mind we are mere visitors in this world.

Its only the Holy Spirit @work in us that perfects our ways.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
kay29000:
I have everything under control except 2,6 and 7. If I control those, I would be a robot, and not human again, so I am not looking into controlling them.
But it's your call in Christ
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2015
HopeAlive14:

What if someone has "perfect" control over these emotions but he is not a Christian?
such persons will still fail in others
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2015
petux:
Posses what??
A living Faith
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by fakot(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2015
God help us.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2015
danduj:
I agree it is but with God nothing shall be.................
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by omonnakoda: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:

You cannot subject your flesh that is just self deception. There are some basic rules your flesh needs

1. Oxygen(AIR)
2. Water
3. Food
4.Grooming(cleaning,shaving etc)
5. Reproduction

many so called Christians have guilt issues relating to sex and deceive themselves with rounds of fasting that they are "subjecting" their flesh. There are few if any greater examples of foolishness and self-deception.

You cannot occupy flesh and subject it. .

Yes man is subject to passions and desires and as a rational being has to find some kind of EQUILIBRIUM or BALANCE. In other words you win some you lose some. The idea of Total subjection of flesh is a delusion. We are here to have a FLESH experience
Man is designed in such a way that his sexuality is at his height between 15-30 there is a reason for this. There is no need to be guilty about this. That is the DESIGN of nature. Why is it not so for a 7 year old or a 70 year old.
Many people have NEUROTIC ideas of their sexuality and try to force them on others. Not everyone is sexually repressed and feels guilty about doing what they are here to do!!

There is no need to "subject" your flesh or feel guilty about it. Enjoy all things in moderation without neurotic thoughts

ALL THINGS ARE PURE TO THOSE WHO ARE TRULY PURE

Many so called born again folk are just hypocrites. They are the most judgmental of people you will ever encounter and yet will never put their hands in their pocket to help any person in need believing only in selfish "sowing of seeds" in the name of tithes!!

The teachings of Jesus are very simple indeed and do no need unnecessary complicating.

Love God,
Love yourself
love your neighbour

2 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by NTCozone(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2015
well said but pls note without the accurate knowledge of the word " THE TRUTH" NO MAN GET SALVATION. pls see 1tim 2:3-4. U must look out for the TRUTH & right doctrine. As for spiritual maturity once u strive hard & set ur mind you will definitely live above those sins that easily beset us as stated in galatians 5:19.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by saintkel(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2015
D above mentioned r wot we calll ADAMIC NATURE, dats y u need d second work of Grace.... SANTIFICATION
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2015
I'm not guilty of everything except imagination and anger. That anger, I do get angry because the people I hang out with and I are of totally different ideology and most times their ideology sucks and it makes me get really angry that I imagine bad things, but I guard it well most times. I'm naturally born to be a daydreamer- it's in my horoscope- and most times I imagine, it's almost usually unusual thoughts. But since you're spiritually matured Bro Starlingslimnet, can you help me with that anger stuff; think with proper mediation and self-persuasion, I can guard that imagination. Remember, love thy neighbour as thy self.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by samueljonah(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2015
Spiritual maturity is far above the few points u mentioned. Spiritual maturity also involves perfect love, faith, etc..
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 20, 2015
shadowgwalker:
true talk, especially the one that is 'normal' in this our generation, knowing that u want to sin b4 u commit the sin just because we've come to understand that 'the grace is sufficient for all, God will forgive and forget'. I came to know recently that living such a life is living a rebellous life, its a way of 'living in sin(iniquity-sins of the flesh)' and this is not thru repentance(from the true definition of repentance).
Some ppl also have dates to visit their worship centres for confessions and still go back to the same act.
Its a deadly thing, I pray so many of our eyes be open, no mortal/immortal can deceive God.

The first ccomingg of Christ, he came as a lamb. Many still picture him in that meek form.
The second coming , he's coming like a lion. Even St John was doubting that was truely the same Jesus he knew when he saw him in his vision.
That is as a result of no fear of the Lord.
Na wa for St John oh. Shey e no know say he for trust no one? You'll be surprised when the cool guy you chat with on NL is an agbero
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by haywire07(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2015
I tried .
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Grace101: 10:40am On Sep 20, 2015
Wow.the Man of God has said it all. i was actually looking for sex and the tongue and both arr there. the weapons of our walfare are not carnal indeed!
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Chanchit: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2015
I have control over all except my heart, don't just try taking a look and also my typing finger because of some silly nairalanders.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
You cannot subject your flesh that is just self deception. There are some basic rules your flesh needs

1. Oxygen(AIR)
2. Water
3. Food
4.Grooming(cleaning,shaving etc)
5. Reproduction

many so called Christians have guilt issues relating to sex and deceive themselves with rounds of fasting that they are "subjecting" their flesh. There are few if any greater examples of foolishness and self-deception.

You cannot occupy flesh and subject it. .

Yes man is subject to passions and desires and as a rational being has to find some kind of EQUILIBRIUM or BALANCE. In other words you win some you lose some. The idea of Total subjection of flesh is a delusion. We are here to have a FLESH experience
Man is designed in such a way that his sexuality is at his height between 15-30 there is a reason for this. There is no need to be guilty about this. That is the DESIGN of nature. Why is it not so for a 7 year old or a 70 year old.
Many people have NEUROTIC ideas of their sexuality and try to force them on others. Not everyone is sexually repressed and feels guilty about doing what they are here to do!!

There is no need to "subject" your flesh or feel guilty about it. Enjoy all things in moderation without neurotic thoughts

ALL THINGS ARE PURE TO THOSE WHO ARE TRULY PURE

Many so called born again folk are just hypocrites. They are the most judgmental of people you will ever encounter and yet will never put their hands in their pocket to help any person in need believing only in selfish "sowing of seeds" in the name of tithes!!

The teachings of Jesus are very simple indeed and do no need unnecessary complicating.

Love God,
Love yourself
love your neighbour
Am sorry but I don't see the see the point in quoting me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.