Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline (52813 Views)

"I Stand With Buhari" Rally Holds In Awka, Anambra Despite IPOB Threats (Pics) / Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by sukkot: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

We would soon find out!! You think those Judges at the appeal and supreme court are babies!! Even Abacha could not intimidate them
lol you sound like my father. oh this man believed so much in the system. he believed in the authenticity of the system. he forgot he was in nigeria where nothing has a solid foundation. he was a relic of times past when institutions had integrity. he found out too late. listen bros, strings are being pulled in the background as we speak. saraki will be fried properly and dismissed into the annals of history before the end of the year. you can take this post to the bank as collateral. wink
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by Adayi1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
As of 10:40:37 AM 20/09/2015 the IGP has not received the arrest warrant[/quote]
saturday and sunday are not working days! You remember? Anyway, hope all this bruhaha is for the nation's interest.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
sukkot:
lol you sound like my father. oh this man believed so much in the system. he believed in the authenticity of the system. he forgot he was in nigeria where nothing has a solid foundation. he was a relic of times past when institutions had integrity. he found out too late. listen bros, strings are being pulled in the background as we speak. saraki will be fried properly and dismissed into the annals of history before the end of the year. you can take this post to the bank as collateral. wink
May God keep us alive to see it.BTW What has happened to Buruj Kashamu's trial?
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
I wish Saraki obeyed the party supremacy haven't disregard and collided with opposition for his selfish interest. I loved him as the senate president but because he is a betrayer, he is on his own(OYO). So, he should go and face the punishment for going against the party that brought him into senate after all the standing order that was used to conduct the election was forged to favour him and his vomits (PDP colleagues). Nigerians have swished to CHANGE and ZERO impunity corruption and illegality. I wish him best of luck after all he is still a senator.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by philips70(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
TijaniAbu:

We might not like to face facts concerning Saraki's wealth, but if this is the Senate President's 2003 asset declaration upon assumption of office as a governor clearly this man was extremely wealthy, with diverse blue chip interests, LONG BEFORE HE BECAME A GOVERNOR IN 2003. We can now safely discount those who claim he became wealthy from being a governor as liars. The rest remains between Saraki and the Code Of Conduct Bureau.

Hope you are aware of what is called anticipatory declaration of assets as widely practiced by many of the rogue politicians? Uduaghan, my erstwhile state governor is the chief rogue in this regard.
Nevertheless, Saraki has a lot of baggage hanging on his neck. Societe Generale is another mighty baggage he will not shake off in this generation. The only reason he has the guts to even be flexing all this muscle is our judiciary is another fuji house of corruption.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by sukkot: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

May God keep us alive to see it.BTW What has happened to Buruj Kashamu's trial?
they were not really gunning for buruj kashamu. they just wanted to scare him a little bit to humble him
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
sukkot:
they were not really gunning for buruj kashamu. they just wanted to scare him a little bit to humble him
Abegi make I hear word jare
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by sukkot: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Abegi make I hear word jare
grin
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by Chigold101(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
ademega:
seriously serious problem for saraki in the coming days
why do you people think that if Saraki goes that APC will take over senate leadership.

The movie is just unfolding, take it from me; Saraki might go but APC will break into many different parts.

If Saraki resigns Ekweremadu will become acting senate president.
If Saraki is arrested and taken to jail, Ekweremadu will become acting senate president..
If Saraki is finally prosecuted and send to jail. PDP will naturally take over the senate presidency because senators loyal to Saraki will work against APC.

Anyhow it goes, APC will come out a loser.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by adanny01(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
dBard:

On the contrary..
This is going to be viewed as an executive vs legislative tin which if allowed,will only lead to more issues (muscle flexing) by the executives later on.
I think a lot of senators will band with him, knowing that no tree is safe with the woodsman in the forest.
The best most of the opposition senators will do is be neutral...
Besides, there's d added complication of the PDP waiting in the wings to launch a coupe d'etat.

It's just hours to Monday sha..lets see.

I think you under estimate what these politicians can do for selfish interest and certainly once again dont see where the pendulum will swing just like in the case of PMB and GEJ. I dont see Saraki winning this war with the President and the APC. All odds are against him. They will keep coming at him a all barrels firing.

You cant assume Senators will rally around him when they have not really forgiven him of his sins. Thats why i said PDP senators will rally with saraki, the 10 APC senators may still be with him, but once the realise there is no winning the war, they stand to lose their positions which will lead them to either abandon him or join him with at PDP. The 10 of them hold tbe stake of direction of the house with or without Saraki.

For sure, within the next 1yr there will be a new senate president but its not going to be saraki. It could be PDP or APC i dont know but certainly saraki will get what he bargained.

Just like i predicted GEJ's fall, Saraki will fall. Just wait and see.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by dBard: 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
adanny01:

I think you under estimate what these politicians can do for selfish interest and certainly once again dont see where the pendulum will swing just like in the case of PMB and GEJ. I dont see Saraki winning this war with the President and the APC. All odds are against him. They will keep coming at him a all barrels firing.

You cant assume Senators will rally around him when they have not really forgiven him of his sins. Thats why i said PDP senators will rally with saraki, the 10 APC senators may still be with him, but once the realise there is no winning the war, they stand to lose their positions which will lead them to either abandon him or join him with at PDP. The 10 of them hold tbe stake of direction of the house with or without Saraki.

For sure, within the next 1yr there will be a new senate president but its not going to be saraki. It could be PDP or APC i dont know but certainly saraki will get what he bargained.

One major factor I considered is selfish interests and greed of Politicians, that's why am quite certain, they'll rally around him.
Saraki will walk, of that am almost certain.
Have followed the arguments,pro and con and it's quite certain he'll get off on a technical..and once that happens, there'll be realignments, refortifications and possible revenge.

Btw, hope you're following the news, the police haven't gotten any warrant f his arrest up till now, senators have met and pledged solidarity etc...

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by adanny01(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
dBard:

One major factor I considered is selfish interests and greed of Politicians, that's why am quite certain, they'll rally around him.
Saraki will walk, of that am almost certain.
Have followed the arguments,pro and con and it's quite certain he'll get off on a technical..and once that happens, there'll be realignments, refortifications and possible revenge.

Btw, hope you're following the news, the police haven't gotten any warrant f his arrest up till now, senators have met and pledged solidarity etc...

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting

Yes i know that and knew they cant get it before 8am tomorrow since the sitting ended late friday.

I see that you base your opinion on the CCB case. For me, its cummulative. The search light is beamed at him, guns are pointed at him. He is like a cancer in APC, healing is never easy. I dont see him surviving a yr at this pace. There is never going to be a realignment. He has PDP and 10 APC senators that form a majority. APC knows they cant remove him this way so will find another way. No politician survives on treachery. The realignment may happen once he is unseated but not with him at the top of senate. I am more afraid that this senate may never know peace even after he is removed. And whatever they do to Buhari, it will be public character assasination of Saraki. Saraki stands to lose in one way or another. The very best he can have is surviving the next 3 yrs plus on the seat but may not find himself where he desperately wants to get. You know well if it were OBJ, Saraki will never forget. Buhari is just being careful as he has a reputation at stake but his goons have a lot under their 'baban riga'.

If it happens that saraki remains, it will be an excuse incase of failure of Buhari who will always point at Saraki for all his misfortunes.

Thats my reason for supporting Buhari in this fight so he can take all the blame when he fails but right now failure of APC will be shared between Buhari and Saraki.

Who knows, the delay in cabinet may have been a fallout of this feud. I forsee a major crisis when Buhari's cabinets get to senate. If one name is droped, even I will shout, thats what Saraki/PDP planned. They will be seen as villains which isnt good for them. I know they wont play cool just appending signatures to his demands. Even if thats the case, they will want something in return from him and will be hard for him to oblidge every request. Thats why Buhari has no option but to fight saraki head on. Am more worried on who will succeed Saraki.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by SamiraF: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2015
philips70:

Hope you are aware of what is called anticipatory declaration of assets as widely practiced by many of the rogue politicians? Uduaghan, my erstwhile state governor is the chief rogue in this regard.
Nevertheless, Saraki has a lot of baggage hanging on his neck. Societe Generale is another mighty baggage he will not shake off in this generation. The only reason he has the guts to even be flexing all this muscle is our judiciary is another fuji house of corruption.

Can Saraki's opponents make up their minds? Yesterday they said he stole from SBGN to get his assets, today they said he did anticipatory declaratin before he had anything. Make up your minds please
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by ba7man(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

Saraki's trial will take years to be decided as it will eventually get to the supreme court!! Saraki might end up appearing in court tommorrow but the trial would be adjourned to a later date
Do You think this is still GEJ'S administration?
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by TheFreeOne: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2015
docadams:

Yes. Simplicity. Best expository on PMB ever written. If you free your mind from bigotry you'll understand.

Bigotry? You must be referring to Buhari.

Anyway it's good that Buhari has extended his corruption fight to 2003 with this Saraki saga. I hope he will not turn a blind eye to other 'corruption' charges before Gej came on board including Halliburton bribery scandal.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by docadams: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Bigotry? You must be referring to Buhari.

Anyway it's good that Buhari has extended his corruption fight to 2003 with this Saraki saga. I hope he will not turn a blind eye to other 'corruption' charges before Gej came on board including Halliburton bribery scandal.

Don't convulse, bro. Ye all corrupt cannibal shall have your day in court. Sequence, time and date shall be communicated to you.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by TheFreeOne: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
docadams:

Don't convulse, bro. Ye all corrupt cannibal shall have your day in court. Sequence, time and date shall be communicated to you.

Try to be intelligent and stop jumping to conclusions.

Whosoever is guilty of corruption should be jailed but the probe should be "sincere and all inclusive"
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by docadams: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Try to be intelligent and stop jumping to conclusions.

Whosoever is guilty of corruption should be jailed but the probe should be "sincere and all inclusive"

Monsieur Intelligence, this is not your call to make. So step aside.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by TheFreeOne: 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
docadams:

Monsieur Intelligence, this is not your call to make. So step aside.

Oh... grin So whose call is it

Are you insinuating Nigerians don't have a right to demand for such
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by docadams: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Oh... grin So whose call is it

Are you insinuating Nigerians don't have a right to demand for such

You are constitutionally guaranteed to have your say aplenty plenty. In fact wail to hell, those constitutionally empowered shall have their say.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by TheFreeOne: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
docadams:

You are constitutionally guaranteed to have your say aplenty plenty. In fact wail to hell, those constitutionally empowered shall have their say.

Hell may be yours but not mine. Keep on rambling if you've got nothing tangible to offer. Bye
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by docadams: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Hell may be yours but not mine. Keep on rambling if you've got nothing tangible to offer. Bye

I like when Wailers quit!
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by billyG(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ekeremadu was not elected on a joint ticket with Saraki dear.If Saraki resigns or is impeached(which is practically impossible) Ekweremadu will remain the DSP unless he is impeached.BTW the Unity forum APC senators are still in the minority and in no position to decide any new senate president should the need arises
Look in politic no permanent frd d pple supporting u today can switch loyalty in a jiffy 2 protect thier self intrest 1st "1st law of d jungle"if saraki falls d loyal Apc senators will want 2 be in d good book of their party,remember all of them has skeleton in their cupboards..nobody enjoys been in d oppostion..nobody Ask PDP.
Re: Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Can you please explain what you mean by "his enemies"
he meant the alliance that are always in blind and evil support of corrupt people and desperately want the nigeria project to fail. Those peeps who on one hand lament of being sidelined but want Biafra. People who will support stella oduah,jonathan and wife,ffk,aribisala,saraki despite clear evidence of corruption,incitement. The prayer of oyedepo when praying for jonathan comes to mind against those plotting and wishing evil of my country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Wike Mocks Atiku Over Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Obi / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.