Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? (2372 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies / IGP Confirms Forgery Of Senate Rules, Says Saraki, Ekeremadu Have No Immunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? by breadandtea(f): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2015
To start with, I don't have even a small bit of sympathy for Saraki, if found guilty, let him be sent to Kirikiri!

All Nigerians should have known about the problems Saraki is going through, which I see as a classical case of political witch hunt! If this problems continue, then I don't see how this present administration will be as successful as it plans to be!

This brings me back to my topic, why is there no immunity for the no 3 person in the country, and the leader of one arm of the government? Is it like that in other countries? is it an oversight?
Because I don't understand why a state governor should have immunity and the Senate President shouldn't!

This Saraki saga should be a warning to those who think that immunity for the president and governors are not important! Just imagine if Buhari did not have immunity, by now PDP could have sued him to ICJ
Re: Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? by Dacosa(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
May be he forgot abt that, now U can remind him if he does or not.
Re: Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? by sammyj: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2015
It is not allowed because of this current situation! !!
Re: Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President? by T0nyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2015
The law did not plan to have a criminal as Senate President...that's why.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Nyesom Wike's Media Aide Resigns / Is This The Change You Promised Nigerians? NANS Pres. Arrested Over.. / Nigeria Must Follow The Examples Laid By Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.