Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Being A Christian Is: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being A Christian Is: (1354 Views)

When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / Being A Christian Is A Mistake! / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
[b]Being a christian is someone who does the opposite of what they preach
Being a christian is someone who is godly on sundays and worldly the rest of the time
Being a christian is someone who says 'god loves you' whilst devising ways to putting down the object of their desire.

Being a christian means professing peace whilst supporting war
Being a christian means keeping secret your sins in the hope that your own god doesn't see them whilst professing to every man that you're a christian saved but forgiven.

Being a christian means taking the Hypocritic Oath.
Being a christian means that upon conversion to the belief system the brain is left behind.
Being a christian means living by faith including the faith in 419 scams and other godly blessed pursuits.
Being a christian means when in doubt blame god for every thing bad that happens to you whilst studiously ignoring the parts in the bible that states praise god for everything including the good and the bad.

Being a christian means not reading the bible but relying on hearsay as a gospel truth.
Being a christian means re writing the bible so that it justifies the christian stance on abortion and other worldly issues. including propogating myths that the judeo christian god is the only god.
Being a christian means being inadequate and being worldly as opposed to being godly and spiritual.

Being a christian means killing the wisdom of solomon and being an exhibitionist like david.
Being a christian means that because jesus is not at the helm the myth of the holy spirit is given free reign allowing the christian to claim that every follower of jesus understands things at different growth rates, in other words there are truly some dumb christians at large.

Being a christian means believing every doctrine as long as it mentions jesus or christianity or god. There is no discernment.
Being a christian means: Division. Disunity. Whilst proclaiming we are all brothers and sisters in unity.
Being a christian means following Pauline thought and ignoring jesus except when recruiting for new converts.
Being a christian means being an idolater: worshipping the creation (the bible) as god itself.

The list is not inexhaustive.[/b]
Re: Being A Christian Is: by Oracle(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2006
I'm sorry but that is not the definition of True Christianity i know.

Maybe you're talking from experience. if you're not true to God.

Then i should tell you that there are still people who genuinely serve God on the earth
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2006
And how do they serve god exactly?

Re: Being A Christian Is: by CrazyMan(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2006
By keeping his commandments which i think are not burdensome
Re: Being A Christian Is: by Oracle(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2006
Thank you ooh Crazykid, help me tell him
Re: Being A Christian Is: by Aggressa(m): 2:15am On Oct 07, 2006
@ all who have contributed and potential contributors,
Dont bother with this 'deluded' guy, he is a 'Celtic Pagan'. So how can he know what being a Christian is? Again, he is confirming the very words of God that 'It is a fool who says there is no God'. Or is it not outright foolishness and total confusion for a 'Celtic Pagan' to start talking about who is a Christian.
Remember him in your prayers.
Re: Being A Christian Is: by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 07, 2006
I notice that white people like MIZIEYA are now abandoning christianity because more blacks are getting into it. They can't use it as a way to opress people anymore so I guess it's now time to fight Islam for them. lipsrsealed
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2006
Don- christians shouldnt tell lies.

Anyone who has met me, knows the colour of my skin. It is certainly not white. But thanks for the compliment.

Education is a christians nightmare.
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2006
Havila

Interesting- you claim you know everything about Celtic Paganism - Christians tend to believe they know everything about everyone elses business but their own. It is called Denial. Clearly you cannot dispute anything I write because you do not have a case. Otherwise you would counter.

Let the christian who is christlike: sin free: stand up.

<looks expectantly>

<smiles patronisingly>
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2006
[b]Ahh by keeping gods commandments that are not burdensome, naive and pastel ideas.

You and I both know that is unrealistic.

As I opined to Havila: stand up if you're sin free.

Clearly you cannot.

There are 613 Biblical Directives. How many can you keep? The bible states that to break one law is to break them all.

Christians have the penchant of passing the buck: remember the atrocities done in Africa by christians when the missionaries converted africans at literal gun point? No? Remember the Crusades? Spanish Inquisition? No? Ok. Remember the latest skirmish between Muslims and Christians in Africa? Yes. Christians will claim that those men and women killing in the name of jesus- or abusing in the name of jesus- 419 scamming in the name of jesus are not real christians. They will opine as you claim: true christians are godly and obey gods demands. Fact is: christians pay lip service to their idealism. If it were not the case- I wouldn't be able to find a flaw.

<smiles toothily>

Christians claim they are saved and forgiven. Thus being saved and forgiven gives them the All Clear to keep sinning whilst telling everyone else to "repent! repent! repent!"

I find that somewhat hypocritical, don't you?

Practice what you preach and then perhaps the whole world may take members of the patriarchal system seriously.

[/b]
Re: Being A Christian Is: by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2007
A CHRISTIAN ?

The questions are often asked, “Who is a Christian? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, “Am I a Christian?”

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, “Are you a Christian?” The answer came quick and sharp “What do you think I am? A Pagan?” This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work. Are these Christians? A ‘Niagara’ of stormy words is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. “The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch” (Acts11: 26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

‘Disciple’ is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of “ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not,” the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live - through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ’s lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? “Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Galatians 6:7). Remember that “not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.”

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.

1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.

2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening.

3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.

4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.

5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.

Your spiritual welfare is our concern. For more help write or contact:

DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY Visit: www.dclm.org

Email: infoinfo@deeperlifeonline.org
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2007
OLAADEGBU Please note- the title of this thread is not a question.

Your blather ignores a lot of facts: the term christian was originally a euphemism used for derision- a put down- an insult- very akin to how muslims, jews and 419ers are percieved in global society today. In short there is nothing good about the label. A christian is supposed to be a follower of god- yet a christian doesn't know gods mind - they only know words written by man that is stemmed from oral and written tradition handed down from judaism and incorporated by catholicism and later protestantism.

Christians are basically hypocrites- after all how can they not be hypocrites when their own god and bible admits that the religion- everything about christianity is based upon a lie.

If you're going to write - write something that cannot be refuted.

Christianity is nothing but the equivalent of Aids. Fortunately there are several cures: Atheism, Agnosticism, World Religions including Paganism.

Re: Being A Christian Is: by Drusilla(f): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2007
Donzman:

I notice that white people like MIZIEYA are now abandoning christianity because more blacks are getting into it. They can't use it as a way to opress people anymore so I guess it's now time to fight Islam for them. lipsrsealed

Donzman,

In America, a large part of the "White Supremacist" thinking has been that "Jews run the world -- economically at least, plus hollywood, plus liberal university's, etc.".

Reclaiming old Celtic Gods is one of the ways in which they are trying to get rid of their "Jewish Masters", they believe were brought in by "The Bible".

Claiming that Jesus went to Europe and fathered children and thus "whites are the physical descendants of God" (The davinchi code) is another way to get rid of the "Jewish God".

Your definitely on to something.

There are many who only now suddenly since others in the world are declaring themselves to be children of God and thus have a right to life and the pursuit of happiness, instead of oppression, imperialism, etc.

Getting rid of the bible is big on their agenda.
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2007
[b]Drusilla - interesting- you blithely ignore the black hebrew- the black jew and other judeo messianic religions that blacks have actually gotten on the bandwagon- seems to me- anything to do with the judeo christian patriarchial system is clearly en vogue for black america and europe simply because jesus was a man of colour so therefore judaism is truly black inheritance- as according to said subscribers to this idiot nonesense

white supremacism on the other hand takes the polar opposite.

Clearly birds of a feather
[/b]
Re: Being A Christian Is: by MIZIEYA: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2007
Clearly the only solution for a christian is to shed his mortal coil and be raptured prematurely meeting his maker. Be ye not of or in the world. Obey the bible.

(1) (Reply)

Unimpeachable Evidence That Humans And Primates Have Common Ancestors. / Danger! Religion May Damage Your Intelligence And Your Mind If Not Your Wealth / How Would You Like Satan Killed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.