Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Being A Christian Is A Mistake! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being A Christian Is A Mistake! (3802 Views)

When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
1. Because Jesus never asked christians to call him God.

2. Jesus never told christians that he was son of God

3. Christains mode of worship contradicts Jesus mode of Worship

4. The true bible has been replaced with hogwash versions.

5. More than 50,000 errors in bible, Awake Magazine.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by chale(m): 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN. cos seriously dude that is the best i can come up with as of now
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
And being a Muslim is grin grin grin
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
And being a muslim is a pleasure
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
Chale! I can never be a xtian. Xtianity my faeces
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 4:16am On Nov 16, 2011
I passionately hate christianity.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 16, 2011
@ alienvirus, that is your own cup of tea! You are free to hate and believe anything you want. Your opinion doesn't change anything as far as i'm concerned.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 6:05am On Nov 16, 2011
^^your concern doesn't matter to me. Haven't u seen any fraud in christianity? Are u a christian by birth or discovery?
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Judek2(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2011
Silly Muslims,how do you even know that your Koran is Gods word except that a Lunatic man said so.hey,this is your worship book,its sent from God. Muslims are adamant in asserting that the Quran is the final true word of God. However the historical reliability of Islam has been challenged by contemporary scholarship. Manuscript, documentary and archaeological evidence all fail to confirm many of the claims of Islam. Let's explore the mounting case against Islam from external documentary sources and modern archaeology.
The Jews
The Quran implies that
Muhammad severed his
relationship with the Jews in 624
AD, soon after the Hijra
(migration to Mecca). At that time
the direction of prayer, the Qibla,
was moved from Jerusalem to
Mecca (Sura 2:144, 149-150).
However, non-Muslim sources,
the Doctrina Iacobi and the
Armenian Chronicle of 660 AD,
maintain the Arabs and the Jews
were allies as late as 640 AD,
during the conquest of Palestine.
Muhammad established a
community of Ishmaelites and
Jews based on their common
birthright to the Holy Land. This
relationship endured at least 15
years beyond the qur'anic date.
Mecca
According to the Quran, Mecca
was the first and most important
city in the world. Adam placed
the black stone in the original
Kaba (sanctuary) there, while
Abraham and Ishmael rebuilt the
Meccan Kaba centuries later (Sura
2:125-127). Mecca was allegedly
the centre of Arabian trading
routes before Muhammads time.
Yet there is no archeological
corroboration for this. Such a
great ancient city would surely
have received a mention in
ancient history. However, the
earliest reference to Mecca as a
city is in the Continuato Byzantia
Arabica, an 8th century
document. Mecca is certainly not
on the natural overland trade
routes- it is a barren valley
requiring a one hundred mile
detour. Moreover, there was only
maritime Graeco-Roman trade
with India after the first century,
controlled by the Ethiopian Red
Sea port Adulis, not by the Arabs.
If Mecca was not even a viable
city, let alone a great commercial
centre until after Muhammads
time, the Quran is seriously in
doubt.
the Koran in general
Evidently the Quran underwent a
transformation during the 100
years following the Prophets
death. Recognisable quranic
writings appear on coins and on
the Dome of the Rock during the
reign of Abd al-Malik from 685
AD, but they differ from the
official quranic text today. The
Quran cannot then have been
canonized during Muhammads
lifetime, but must have
undergone a process of
evolution. Indeed the earliest
reference to a book called the
Quran fr a sanctuary located not
in Mecca, but in northern Arabia
or even Jerusalem, until the early
8th century. It cannot be that the
early Muslims wrongly estimated
the direction of Mecca. They were
desert traders and caravaners,
adept at travelling by the stars.
How else did they perform the
obligatory Hajj, which was also
canonized at this time? There is a
serious discrepancy between the
Quran and modern archaeology.
Crucially, Walid I, who reigned as
Caliph between 705 and 715,
wrote to all the regions orderan
maintains is at odds with
historical data from the 7th-8th
centuries. Specifically:
The Jews retained a relationship
with the Arabs until at least AD
640, not 624 AD
Mecca was not the first and most
important city in the world; it
was unknown until the end of
the 7th century and was not
even on the international trade
route
The Qibla (direction of prayer)
was not fixed towards Mecca
until the 8th century but to an
area further north, possibly
Jerusalem
The Dome of the Rock in
Jerusalem was possibly the
original sanctuary
Muhammad was not known as
the Seal of the Prophets until the
late 7th century; the creeds from
Muhammad's time contain a
monotheistic religion but no
Muhammadan formulae
The earliest we even hear of the
Quran is not until the mid-8th
century
The earliest quranic writings on
coins and on the Dome of the
Rock do not coincide with the
current quranic text
This suggests the Quran we now
read is not the same as that
which was supposedly collated
and canonized in 650 AD by
Uthman. The earliest quranic
manuscripts in our possession
today (dating from 790 AD)
would appear to reflect an
evolution in the quranic text. This
challenges the Muslim contention
that the Quran contains the
original and exact revelation of
Allah, as recited by Muhammad
and hence strikes at the very
heart of the Islamic faith. The
Quran has in the past been
protected by a kind of doctrinal
embargo- but can Muslims
ignore the mounting tide of
evidence to the contrary?
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2011
^^ Any reliable source pls? i need to know who concocted the thrash. Did Jesus teach you to lie? That is one of the reasons christianity is a heap of refuse tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Judek2(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2011
What other reliable source do you need?
This is a perfect archeological proofs of the Koran,and you are here talking of a more reliable source.
You can browse it yourself if you want and you my end up telling me that it is from an untrusted or unrecognised source .

Http://www.isaalmasih.net/archaeology-isa/quran-archaeology.html
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2011
^^^ load of nonsense. Meet Quranic exegetes to explain more and stop spamming the who NL. I guess you can do better next time. As far as I am concerned, christianity is a fun. Your women go to church to shake their bombom and boobs in front of the MOG. Innit?
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by OmoPastor(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2011

I would have given you answers on each of your comments but i prefer to start with :

My question to you is this: can you lay your hands on the "true bible" and maybe show us?
What is your source and basis for your comment here?

My friend if you do not have a job then get one. Do not just run your mouth cos your are jobless!
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by rotciv2011(m): 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
@Op, are you like 4yrs old or what? Even your Mohammad would never vomit such trash in public. Replying this thread is even sickening.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by HISchild: 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2011
"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. " - Matt 16:13-17

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." - Rev 1:7-8
---

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." - Psa_2:12
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
[size=64pt]I HATE CHRISTIANITY AND I AM PROUD OF IT[/size]
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
I am arrogant about it
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
alienvirus:

^^^ load of nonsense. Meet Quranic exegetes to explain more and stop spamming the who NL. I guess you can do better next time. As far as I am concerned, christianity is a fun. Your women go to church to shake their bombom and bosoms in front of the MOG. Innit?

According to the Quran, Mecca was the first and most important city in the world. Adam placed the black stone in the original Kaba (sanctuary) there, while Abraham and Ishmael rebuilt the Meccan Kaba centuries later (Sura 2:125-127). Mecca was allegedly the centre of Arabian trading routes before Muhammads time.

but historically and archaeologically speaking . . . this is FALSE. It seems you have no idea either which is why you are refering us to "muslim exegetes right?
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by rezzy: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2011
Islam a religion of pieces
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by aurenflani: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
lies & deceit are the true attribute of christians. "This lies which well meaning zeal hath heaped around this man (Muhammad S.A.W) are disgraceful to ourselves only" Thomas Carlyle

This men & women of christianism thought they've found a loophole in Muslims. They pelted all sorts of insult on every prophet of God - the arony of it is that they could not see that Muslims never reacted in this grotesque and immoral behaviour based on d Qur'anic recognition of the Israeli prophets.

if the two adherents of d faiths' behaviours are based on teachings of their religion then perharps d Muslims are more tolerant.
i wonder if christians are really followers of christ. Ponder!
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Sweetnecta: 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
[Quote]« #17 on: Today at 06:55:10 PM »

Quote from: alienvirus on Today at 01:19:46 PM
^^^ load of nonsense. Meet Quranic exegetes to explain more and stop spamming the who NL. I guess you can do better next time. As far as I am concerned, christianity is a fun. Your women go to church to shake their bombom and bosoms in front of the MOG. Innit?

According to the Quran, Mecca was the first and most important city in the world. Adam placed the black stone in the original Kaba (sanctuary) there, while Abraham and Ishmael rebuilt the Meccan Kaba centuries later (Sura 2:125-127). Mecca was allegedly the centre of Arabian trading routes before Muhammads time.[/Quote]the verse you mentioned does not say anything about Adam [as] and the black stone [it used to be white like milk]. While Adam built the original Ka'aba, the "black stone" was place on the rebuilt Ka'aba by Ibrahim {as} who was helped in the work of rebuilding on the original footing by son Ismail [as].

[Quote]but historically and archaeologically speaking . . . this is FALSE. It seems you have no idea either which is why you are refering us to "muslim exegetes right?[/Quote]who is telling the history and conducting the archeology? the same people who missed Harman as the construction head of tyrannical Pharaoh's council? The same people who called gentle giant Ismail a man who will be a wild ass, and Alhamdulillah he never was a fighter? The same people said Pharaoh was lost in the sea and his body was never recovered, and today we see the body of that pharaoh displayed for all to see? The same people who said Jacob defeated God and man in one single wrestling match, while all he suffered was a hip disjoint? You must be joking as you are by proxy method defending your gods while cheapening God; Yahweh.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Sweetnecta: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2011
When God said to earth to appear, you will have to accept that when it started to appear, there is a part of it that appeared first? That part was Makka. And it was the part that was the mouth piece in saying that it submitted to the Command of God. You know the earth once spoke? At least you should know that it did during the process of taking from it to create Adam [as].

if it spoke at this occasion, it spoke before, when it was appearing to be seen, solid.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Matnat(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2011
Jesus loves you dearly and He will always love you. Only when you taste, will you know that the LORD is good. You can surrender your life to Him now and your only regret will be, 'Had I known, I would have done this earlier' His peace alone is enough, and hereafter you will say, 'If I had not given my life to JESUS in my lifetime, I would have done myself great wickedness' His arms are open to receive you even now. See you in heaven after this brief life which is meaningless outside CHRIST. SHALOM. (Read: Rev. 3:20, Romans 10:9-11, 1cor. 15:19)
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
Matnat:

Jesus loves you dearly and He will always love you. Only when you taste, will you know that the LORD is good. You can surrender your life to Him now and your only regret will be, 'Had I known, I would have done this earlier' His peace alone is enough, and hereafter you will say, 'If I had not given my life to JESUS in my lifetime, I would have done myself great wickedness' His arms are open to receive you even now. See you in heaven after this brief life which is meaningless outside CHRIST. SHALOM. (Read: Rev. 3:20, Romans 10:9-11, 1cor. 15:19)

why will i surrender my life to a MAN who i have never seen in my life and who is not even from my tribe or country, or even continent and whom i only associate with the slavery of my people.

AM I MENTAL   undecided
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2011
Matnat, u can say that to the birds! I don't give a hoot. Wise up and leave that thrash. I swear Jesus won't plead on your behalf not even sitting at the right!
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Judek2(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2011
Sweetnecta:

When God said to earth to appear, you will have to accept that when it started to appear, there is a part of it that appeared first? That part was Makka. And it was the part that was the mouth piece in saying that it submitted to the Command of God. You know the earth once spoke? At least you should know that it did during the process of taking from it to create Adam [as].

if it spoke at this occasion, it spoke before, when it was appearing to be seen, solid.

And on what proof do you assert to that claim?
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by Judek2(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

why will i surrender my life to a MAN who i have never seen in my life and who is not even from my tribe or country, or even continent and whom i only associate with the slavery of my people.

AM I MENTAL   undecided

yes you are.
you are a Pagan,so your case is mental derisory.
You need deliverance first.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 9:11am On Nov 17, 2011
Judek2:

yes you are.

Is that a typical way of Jesus. I am telling you guys with your MOGs are simply fraudulent. Christianity pisses me off everyday
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 9:20am On Nov 17, 2011
how on earth will this be Jesus mode of worship: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-798659.0.html
alienvirus:

Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
Judek2:

yes you are.

so are you saying that before christianity, the WHOLE WORLD WAS MENTAL shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i have no words. you are just plain foolish.
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by alienvirus: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
rezzy:

Islam a religion of pieces

Is that a baby in your dp a christian? just wondering shocked shocked shocked
Re: Being A Christian Is A Mistake! by chrisj2000(m): 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
i don't think so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing / Iyonu Olorun Logajulo Oun Sini Ejawa / Grateful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.