Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. (1894 Views)

Is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Really Capable of Leading Nigeria? / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria" / Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
In the year 1990, I remember we used to have tap water in my community. One thing I Know is that they were not build by the colonial masters even though I know they have some contribution.

Power supply then was not as bad as it is now, although many can see a mirage which they call Change, it was far better then due to lesser population and lesser electronic gadgets around.

Education also was a competition in those days. I remember I was rejected the first year I was taken to be registered into primary one just because I could not touch my left ear with my right hand from over my head. That was the measure that was used to screen people out then just to ensure that those admitted are ready for school. Though it was a wrong technology to be used as those without high like myself at the age of Six was rejected, it still did a great job in ensuring that those admitted can handle the challenges of the environment where they would be posted to study in the near future.

What happened to Nigeria? Power corrupts. The quest for power and dominance captured the heart of many and it becomes the project of some certain group. The quest for power was one of the dangerous trail Nigeria followed that resulted in doing everything possible to not only get it but also to keep it.

During those period, anyone that finally takes hold of power in Nigeria administration ensure that they put people who they can trust in several delicate positions and major government parastatal to ensure that they are either accountable or would not pose a threat to their government. Unfortunately, the government of those age forgot that qualification is based on not just Education alone but also in the field of Education and the experiences garnered by the appointees. This style of governance lingered till Nigeria welcomed Democracy in 1999.

In 1999, The President incline with the constitution formulated by the National Assembly call for states to nominate some Individuals from their states for the purpose of distributing the appointment to all the states of the federation. This was a great chance to solve the problem of "the one I trust" from the Nigeria Politics but unfortunately, it failed. The simple cause still remain, "the one I trust" was on there verge of being eliminated from the center, but not from the states. The states Governors then, who are part of "the one I trust" government were not ready to let go. They did not think through about sending people with specific qualifications and experiences who would win the positions of interest. They also sent "the one I trust" and ended up not being able to achieve any meaningful results.

They were posted to offices whose budgets were too large for them to handle. They had no experience or agenda to implement, they have no project to embark on. That resulted to corruption being corrupt. The worst continued to happen as money laundering and financial misappropriation becomes the order of the day. The system that was intended for good was turned to a total failure.

It was then some one came into the system with an agenda to reform. This he did by making use of trusted and tested individuals to change the face of Governance in Nigeria. That man Was President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. In his desire to reform Nigeria, He brought in people with uncommon character and experiences but still fall short in some appointments by making use of "the one I trust". Just like in the saying, "in every 12, there must be a Judas", the president was betrayed by his own people who bowed to threat and Blackmail owing to the weakness of the president to punish a fellow Nigerian not withstanding the degree of his offense. Many of His appointees saw their appointment as an opportunity to further their own political careers while amassing wealth and connections for themselves. Finally that AGENDA did create some achievements because credible hands were used, but it was not felt by Majority because the head of parastatal failed to form a united team with vibrant youths but held on to the old and worn out. "They have experience but they lack creativity". Who need one with experience in handling Volkswagen Beetle to handle a problem in Vehicles of this age.
That administration failed too.

Finally, Nigeria achieved the Change it was crying out for. Change is still a slogan today even when the Change government is already in place. Was it that The Change Nigerians cried for was "a Change of Party", "a change of the President" or a "or a change or governance"? It was supposed to be a re-branding of Nigeria by removing fear that existed at the center by ensuring that who ever that is there receives the maximum support from all Nigerians who would cooperate with the government at the center in executing it agenda.

Before the constitution of the Change Government, some group has already doubted the head of the change government. It seem their doubt has been confirmed

Before the constitution of the Change Government, some group had already doubted the head of the change government. It seem their doubt has been confirmed owing to some statement about the head of the Change Government, Muhammadu Buhari, about "Those that gave him 5%" and also the current appointments which seem to have eluded them. It seem the fear that already existed deepens as even those who contributed both financially and otherwise to the change government are also crying foul.

Currently, It seem that the support the change Government still has at the moment is because the team players that helped form the governments don't want to face mockery or public ridicule for creating something they can not control. Many are daily praying hoping that the president won't give the public the opportunity to ridicule them.

"The Word 'Change' means different thing to different people". That is why many people chants 'Change' as a praise while others chant 'Change' as an advice or command, but, change is change.

The current administration promised to constitute capable officers to drive the administration. Like the scriptures says, "The earnest expectation of the creation await the manifestation of the sons of God", Nigerians are eager to see the officers to be constituted by President Buhari. Many, just to tell the world that their cry against the president has been justified, some, to prove to those that ask, that the president is fair in his appointment while some other, to see if their shame would be wiped out.

In all this, appointing a poor old man who has remained poor for being faithful over time into an office that requires vagueness will end up making the office unproductive. It is just the same as going back to what was rejected, "the one I trust" era. What matters about trust in public appointments should be delivering tangible results and expanding the capacity of the office by planning for the future and not about the one that has no interest in embezzlement.

What direction is the president taking in his appointment. Is it based on one's ability to seat in the office guiding the office budget or one's ability to make use of the budget to earn the president a praise for some achievement? Only time will tell.

While we wait for the appointments of the president, we should love one another.

Victorels write from Nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by illmatic101(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
R
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Abugab(m): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
Op, Buhari is going for those who are competent, who can guide the budget and work with the budget for the common good of the nation.
Do not fret as real change has come and four years from now you shall remember this day and how you had your doubts.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by ademega(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
your personal opinion
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
If the purported ministerial list that I saw is the same list that Buhari will send to the Senate, then Nigerians should be prepared for a more hard time.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Toktee(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Abugab:
Op, Buhari is going for those who are competent, who can guide the budget and work with the budget for the common good of the nation.
Do not fret as real change has come and four years from now you shall remember this day and how you had your doubts.
Don't mind him..........Buhari be like,look all these trolls,they have been there for 16yrs without locating their way to progress,guys let me do things my way,just continue noise.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by yanabasee(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Toktee(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
If the purported ministerial list that I saw is the same list that Buhari will send to the Senate, then Nigerians should be prepared for a more hard time.
So,buhari show you the list?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by yanabasee(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Abugab:

Exactly what GEJ did... For the competence! Who will work for the common good of the nation.. But unfortunately, used their position to acquire political offices. By stealing and looting using GEJ's name... Which APC termed cluelessness.

Same way, Buhari will want to appoint credible individuals and they will with all honestly betray him... This democracy! Anybody who's given the opportunity to sit in a high position as a minister, will definitely misuse its opportunity. I am not wishing Buhari hardluck in his appointments.... But his body-language won't change the fact that people in this era smile at every little opportunities given to them...

Some will even dethrone who gave them an appointment and become the boss... Politics is played everywhere... Even if Buhari wants to take a year in his appointment.... There will alwys be somebody that will dent his image.... And aside tribal appointments, his fellow northerners will still betray him! #words!
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Toktee(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
yanabasee:

Exactly what GEJ did... For the competence! Who will work for the common good of the nation.. But unfortunately, used their position to acquire political offices. By stealing and looting using GEJ's name... Which APC termed cluelessness.

Same way, Buhari will want to appoint credible individuals and they will with all honestly betray him... This democracy! Anybody who's given the opportunity to sit in a high position as a minister, will definitely misuse its opportunity.
I totally agree with you,but such person will be frustrated and misplaced like SARAKI,QUOTE ME ANYWHERE.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by yanabasee(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Toktee:
I totally agree with you,but such person will be frustrated and misplaced like SARAKI,QUOTE ME ANYWHERE.

Saraki will settle their differences off court and will redeem his dignity as a senate president and as APC's choice! Saraki's case is just a misunderstanding between Tinubu and Atiku... As Saraki's Atiku's candidate and we know dat Atiku and Tinubu aren't in good terms...
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
Toktee:
So,buhari show you the list?
I said "IF"
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by phlemzy: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
For us to have waited this long, its not worth it to start making speculations on whether the 'chosen ones' will be productive or not. We keep a positive mind on the competency and ability of the yet to be released cabinet. The body language of Mr president would not only help keep corruption at a distance,it will surely ensure that appointed individuals deliver as expected.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Abugab:

You mean the ones obasanjo and tinibu are picking for him?

Tell me another story, this competent story is outdated.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by BALLOSKI: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
I see...
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Toktee(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
yanabasee:

Saraki will settle their differences off court and will redeem his dignity as a senate president and as APC's choice! Saraki's case is just a misunderstanding between Tinubu and Atiku... As Saraki's Atiku's candidate and we know dat Atiku and Tinubu aren't in good terms...
Lets wait,by the time tinubu will be thru with saraki,he will learn to respect elders.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
ademega:
your personal opinion

yes.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Toktee:
Lets wait,by the time tinubu will be thru with saraki,he will learn to respect elders.
Tinubu must be less intelligent if he is the one fighting Saraki.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by yanabasee(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
Toktee:

Hmmm....
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by tuniski: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Abugab:
u can tell Osun state people that not the generality of nigerians. I hope your optimism iis not based on yeye Body language!
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2015
phlemzy:
For us to have waited this long, its not worth it to start making speculations on whether the 'chosen ones' will be productive or not. We keep a positive mind on the competency and ability of the yet to be released cabinet. The body language of Mr president would not only help keep corruption at a distance,it will surely ensure that appointed individuals deliver as expected.

the issue is not about appointees being corrupt but about them being visionary enough to be productive while making use of the best measures. He not, we may head to the situation where billions of naira are used to purchase cooking stove. They can be easily influenced to embark of non meaningful project of the may be too outdated to think of the current and future needs of the nation. Lets hope that the list is worth the wait.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Toktee:
Don't mind him..........Buhari be like,look all these trolls,they have been there for 16yrs without locating their way to progress,guys let me do things my way,just continue noise.

ok
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
victorels:
In the year 1990, I remember we used to have tap water in my community. One thing I Know is that they were not build by the colonial masters even though I know they have some contribution.

Power supply then was not as bad as it is now, although many can see a mirage which they call Change, it was far better then due to lesser population and lesser electronic gadgets around.

Education also was a competition in those days. I remember I was rejected the first year I was taken to be registered into primary one just because I could not touch my left ear with my right hand from over my head. That was the measure that was used to screen people out then just to ensure that those admitted are ready for school. Though it was a wrong technology to be used as those without high like myself at the age of Six was rejected, it still did a great job in ensuring that those admitted can handle the challenges of the environment where they would be posted to study in the near future.

What happened to Nigeria? Power corrupts. The quest for power and dominance captured the heart of many and it becomes the project of some certain group. The quest for power was one of the dangerous trail Nigeria followed that resulted in doing everything possible to not only get it but also to keep it.

During those period, anyone that finally takes hold of power in Nigeria administration ensure that they put people who they can trust in several delicate positions and major government parastatal to ensure that they are either accountable or would not pose a threat to their government. Unfortunately, the government of those age forgot that qualification is based on not just Education alone but also in the field of Education and the experiences garnered by the appointees. This style of governance lingered till Nigeria welcomed Democracy in 1999.

In 1999, The President incline with the constitution formulated by the National Assembly call for states to nominate some Individuals from their states for the purpose of distributing the appointment to all the states of the federation. This was a great chance to solve the problem of "the one I trust" from the Nigeria Politics but unfortunately, it failed. The simple cause still remain, "the one I trust" was on there verge of being eliminated from the center, but not from the states. The states Governors then, who are part of "the one I trust" government were not ready to let go. They did not think through about sending people with specific qualifications and experiences who would win the positions of interest. They also sent "the one I trust" and ended up not being able to achieve any meaningful results.

They were posted to offices whose budgets were too large for them to handle. They had no experience or agenda to implement, they have no project to embark on. That resulted to corruption being corrupt. The worst continued to happen as money laundering and financial misappropriation becomes the order of the day. The system that was intended for good was turned to a total failure.

It was then some one came into the system with an agenda to reform. This he did by making use of trusted and tested individuals to change the face of Governance in Nigeria. That man Was President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. In his desire to reform Nigeria, He brought in people with uncommon character and experiences but still fall short in some appointments by making use of "the one I trust". Just like in the saying, "in every 12, there must be a Judas", the president was betrayed by his own people who bowed to threat and Blackmail owing to the weakness of the president to punish a fellow Nigerian not withstanding the degree of his offense. Many of His appointees saw their appointment as an opportunity to further their own political careers while amassing wealth and connections for themselves. Finally that AGENDA did create some achievements because credible hands were used, but it was not felt by Majority because the head of parastatal failed to form a united team with vibrant youths but held on to the old and worn out. "They have experience but they lack creativity". Who need one with experience in handling Volkswagen Beetle to handle a problem in Vehicles of this age.
That administration failed too.

Finally, Nigeria achieved the Change it was crying out for. Change is still a slogan today even when the Change government is already in place. Was it that The Change Nigerians cried for was "a Change of Party", "a change of the President" or a "or a change or governance"? It was supposed to be a re-branding of Nigeria by removing fear that existed at the center by ensuring that who ever that is there receives the maximum support from all Nigerians who would cooperate with the government at the center in executing it agenda.

Before the constitution of the Change Government, some group has already doubted the head of the change government. It seem their doubt has been confirmed

Before the constitution of the Change Government, some group had already doubted the head of the change government. It seem their doubt has been confirmed owing to some statement about the head of the Change Government, Muhammadu Buhari, about "Those that gave him 5%" and also the current appointments which seem to have eluded them. It seem the fear that already existed deepens as even those who contributed both financially and otherwise to the change government are also crying foul.

Currently, It seem that the support the change Government still has at the moment is because the team players that helped form the governments don't want to face mockery or public ridicule for creating something they can not control. Many are daily praying hoping that the president won't give the public the opportunity to ridicule them.

"The Word 'Change' means different thing to different people". That is why many people chants 'Change' as a praise while others chant 'Change' as an advice or command, but, change is change.

The current administration promised to constitute capable officers to drive the administration. Like the scriptures says, "The earnest expectation of the creation await the manifestation of the sons of God", Nigerians are eager to see the officers to be constituted by President Buhari. Many, just to tell the world that their cry against the president has been justified, some, to prove to those that ask, that the president is fair in his appointment while some other, to see if their shame would be wiped out.

In all this, appointing a poor old man who has remained poor for being faithful over time into an office that requires vagueness will end up making the office unproductive. It is just the same as going back to what was rejected, "the one I trust" era. What matters about trust in public appointments should be delivering tangible results and expanding the capacity of the office by planning for the future and not about the one that has no interest in embezzlement.

What direction is the president taking in his appointment. Is it based on one's ability to seat in the office guiding the office budget or one's ability to make use of the budget to earn the president a praise for some achievement? Only time will tell.

While we wait for the appointments of the president, we should love one another.

Victorels write from Nairaland
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Adminisher: 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is SILLY. Nigeria has been in dangerous zone since independence. Stop scaremongering. Nigeria killed 2million Ibos during the civil war. There have been many bloody coups. NPN looted the country, Buhari overthrew them and was il himself overthrown. IBB started corruption again and annulled a free and fair election. Abacha died in office. Obj nearly did third term and another President died 9n office until Dr Clueless Jonathan became president and compensated for his lack of leadership skills by giving everybody chance to steal.
Nigeria's history has been a sequence of evil, idiocy, tribalism, corruption and cluelessness that we are hoping that Buhari will correct.
Stop deceiving yourself and others as poorly informed as yourself. The country has walked in far far more dangerous roads than we are now and camenities out as one and stronger.
Discipline and anti corruption is the new watchword and it will be for 16 years after which a new Nigeria will emerge. Get prepared
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Adminisher: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is SILLY. Nigeria has been in dangerous zone since independence. Stop scaremongering. Nigeria killed 2million Ibos during the civil war. There have been many bloody coups. NPN looted the country, Buhari overthrew them and was il himself overthrown. IBB started corruption again and annulled a free and fair election. Abacha died in office. Obj nearly did third term and another President died 9n office until Dr Clueless Jonathan became president and compensated for his lack of leadership skills by giving everybody chance to steal.
Nigeria's history has been a sequence of evil, idiocy, tribalism, corruption and cluelessness that we are hoping that Buhari will correct.
Stop deceiving yourself and others as poorly informed as yourself. The country has walked in far far more dangerous roads than we are now and camenities out as one and stronger.
Discipline and anti corruption is the new watchword and it will be for 16 years after which a new Nigeria will emerge. Get prepared.
Re: President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
Adminisher:
Discipline and anti corruption is the new watchword and it will be for 16 years after which a new Nigeria will emerge. Get prepared.

from what I can see already, we are on the same page. President Buhari should be watchful and mindful of those issues that resulted to those destructive past so that he won't institute them again.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol Pump Price At Your Nearest Filling Station / We Cannot Forget This Buhari's Campaign Promise....see Pics / NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.