Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries (1894 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu Is From Osun Not Lagos State / Federal High Court Affirms Ikpeazu As Governor / NLC Affirms Osun Govt Not Owing Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by barragan: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Osun State chapter, Jacob Adekomi, told Channels Television in Osogbo that the government has lived up to the agreement reached on salary payment.

He said that so far, the workers have received their take home pay up till January 2016 in line with the disbursed allocation from the Federal Government.

Mr Adekomi added that the bailout fund received by the state government in 2015 was clearly monitored by the NLC, to ensure that the fund was used to pay salaries of workers owed from January to June, 2015.

He admitted that although the retirees were not captured when the fund was requested for, he disclosed that the union unanimously agreed that the retirees should be a beneficiary of the bailout fund and the state government carried it out.

Based on the agreement reached with the state government, according to the union chairman, workers on Grade level 1-7 ‎got full salaries while workers on Grade level 8 and above received half of their pay pending when the economy of the state improves.

This he said was arrived at by the committee setup comprising of government officials and the NLC, to work on the modality of payment of salaries to avoid chaos.

Adekomi added that the civil service was peaceful as workers and retirees have received their salaries and pensions for the month of January while they await the Federal Allocation for the month of February.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/21/nlc-affirms-osun-govt-not-owing-salaries/
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by barragan: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
let's keep tabs on the Oil rich Bayelsa...
whack Governor!!!!

1 Like

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by vickylinco(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
am really happy for this news. this will bring succor to the workers and improve d economy
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Tokety7: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
But fools keep saying that aregberascal is owning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by chriskosherbal(m): 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Well, that's good to hear.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by shugaboy6102(m): 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Tokety7:
please do u live in osun state.I live and reside here and pls don't believe everytn u read here
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by olafum1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Thieves everywhere..

adonbilivit
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by ziccoit: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
NLC has sold Osun workers. This is heartbroken and too painful. A supposed pressure group, because of money, turned itself to government slave. God dey o.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Tokety7: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
shugaboy6102:
please do u live in osun state.I live and reside here and pls don't believe everytn u read here

1) are u being owned?
2) if so, how many months?
3) why should I believe u as against a NLC representative? Who are u?

3 Likes

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by lawydewy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
I don't know the way people comprehend statements or sentences nowadays, they just want to criticise. Nigerians will get to a time they will not believe their father .

According to his statements, Aregbe(osun state govnr) his owing some,but base on agreement between senior staff and the state,he is not owing pending when there is increase in state allocation.

Gentleman agreement!

You have the right to confirm his statement may be is saying the truth. Let Osun people confirm it.

But this man is in good terms with his people, Yoruba's understand the nature of the economy every well.Fayose is also owing from December last year, nobody shout at him. Bayelsa ,oil producing state for that matter is owing O! Ben Bruce is silent now! The man don go so low.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by OlujobaSamuel: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
Tokety7:

1) are u being owned?
pls it's owed
you made the mistake twice, so I think I should correct it. Thanks.
Thank God for my state, am happy for the progress thus far. For the I live in the state crew, so I know what is on ground, this is all lies, abeg, kindly tell us why there is no protest, abi if dey bribe nlc leaders, dey also coerced staff to leave their respective homes for work.
oju ti ti won o.
wey that common sense donor wey lack sense to donate give him state?

1 Like

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by aresa: 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Tokety7:

You need to stop paying attention to IpOdS and disgruntled elements..

4 Likes

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by DaBullIT(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
Why's this thread so scanty

Oh wait , they came to view but chose not to comment because it's not a bad news they love to Jeerk off on

Awon olori buruku

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Progressive01(m): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
Yet some miscreants wouldn't stop mentioning Osun whenever issues of salaries come up, conveniently ignoring states like Bayelsa, Rivers, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Taraba, etc.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by omogin(f): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Who's nlc
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by shugaboy6102(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
Tokety7:

1) are u being owned?
Nigerians typical of answering questions with question.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Nashirushekoni(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2016
shugaboy6102:

Agreed with you
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 22, 2016
They are MAD, Adekomi is crazy, half of July 2015 to January 2016, is that what he call "NOT OWING"
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by dahmie2013: 5:15am On Apr 22, 2016
Maybe it's just me, but is he saying Feb & Mar salaries have not been paid? Also, it doesn't look like Apr stands a chance. It's no good news as far as I'm concerned.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Tokety7: 5:30am On Apr 22, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

pls it's owed
you made the mistake twice, so I think I should correct it. Thanks.
Thank God for my state, am happy for the progress thus far. For the I live in the state crew, so I know what is on ground, this is all lies, abeg, kindly tell us why there is no protest, abi if dey bribe nlc leaders, dey also coerced staff to leave their respective homes for work.
oju ti ti won o.
wey that common sense donor wey lack sense to donate give him state?

Thanks for the correction but ur position is confusing. Di u agree with the NLC representative or not?
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Tokety7: 5:30am On Apr 22, 2016
aresa:

You need to stop paying attention to IpOdS and disgruntled elements..

I feel u.

1 Like

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Tokety7: 5:32am On Apr 22, 2016
shugaboy6102:
Nigerians typical of answering questions with question.

U asked an extremely foolish question. How do u expect me to answer such. So I need to be a resident of Osun to know what goes on there right in this day and age eh? Rubbish.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by maryjan8(f): 5:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Good to know well done
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by modath(f): 5:36am On Apr 22, 2016
My response to some wailers who were wondering Aregbe is still getting Madt love from the people of the state!!

modath:

Aregbe is no saint but the media reports about him are grossly exaggerated.

He isn't owing a year's salary either..

Drop in allocation isn't peculiar to Osun but Osun gets the most press!!

He has done better than all his predecessors put together, he however doesn't play the brown envelope game as well as his peers!! Dazall.

The people understand the problem , that apart from allocation,there isn't any real IGR to speak of, the state has limitations.. so they are being patient with him...

1 Like

Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by blackpanda: 5:37am On Apr 22, 2016
barragan:
http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/21/nlc-affirms-osun-govt-not-owing-salaries/

You have to modify your earlier post to add the link. But not as a fresh comment
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Pavore9: 5:45am On Apr 22, 2016
shugaboy6102:

As someone on ground, how many months salaries are the workers being owed?
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by OlujobaSamuel: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2016
Tokety7:

Thanks for the correction but ur position is confusing. Di u agree with the NLC representative or not?
I do. my comment is to those that will say it's all lies, that they live in the state so they have first hand info.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by ayindejimmy(m): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2016
shugaboy6102:

Do you work there?

I'm from Iwo and I've spoken to ppl I know in Osogbo and they validate this story
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by Jorussia(m): 7:03am On Apr 22, 2016
I thought Aregbe diverted the bailout funds for his personal gains. Even though i am strong APC,i don't just like Aregbe.My state Edo state is not owing any month salary. It is one LGA(Egor)that is owing about 14months salaries here in Edo state.
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by mapet: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Jorussia:
I thought Aregbe diverted the bailout funds for his personal gains. Even though i am strong APC,i don't just like Aregbe.My state Edo state is not owing any month salary. It is one LGA(Egor)that is owing about 14months salaries here in Edo state.

You do nit need to like him, but you must prove accussation. Do you have a proof that he diverted the bailout funds for his personal gains?
Re: NLC Affirms Osun Not Owing Salaries by shugaboy6102(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Do you work there?

I'm from Iwo and I've spoken to ppl I know in Osogbo and they validate this story
that he has paid complete

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Poll: Nigerians Pass Vote Of Confidence On Buhari / Oil Wells: Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership For South-south, South-east / Why Are Nigerians Like This?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.