Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Any Doctor Around To Help. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Doctor Around To Help. (736 Views)

Extremely Graphic Photo: Can Any Doctor/surgeon Save Him / Help! Any Doctor With Access To The Update Materials Of Wacp Primaries? / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Doctor Around To Help. by akusimple: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2009
I have movement in different part of my body (forehead,chest,breast),this usually happens especially when am angry or excited. What do I pin these on?[b][/b]
Re: Any Doctor Around To Help. by beneli(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2009
The condition you present with is known as somatization.i.e. translation of emotion/psychological conflicts into 'physical' symptoms.
It becomes a disorder once it affects your day to day functioning, in which case it would be called a Somatization disorder.

It's quite common, especially in the developing world where having emotional problems is stigmatized and considered a weakness, however it's not life threatening. There are no laboratory investigations that would 'reveal' the diagnosis, but it's still advisable to get your Doctor to first check you out.

The healing, however, starts once you understand that it won't kill you!

I hope that helps.

(1) (Reply)

Taking Drugs Without Food. / Do You Want To Be Slim And Healthy ? / A So Called Professoinal Doctor Forgot A Blade In Stomarch While Operating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.