Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

D'banj And Tuface Idibia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj And Tuface Idibia (11152 Views)

Poll: WHO IS RICHER? D'BANJ OR TUFACE

D'BANJ: 100% (6 votes)
TUFACE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Tuface Idibia And Wife Annie Loved Up In A New Music Video Shoot In The US(pic) / Pictures Of Annie Idibia And Tuface's Sons / Onyeka Odiegwu & Chima Anyaso's Wedding: Genevieve And Tuface Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj And Tuface Idibia by remmyneece: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2009
D'BANJ AND TUFACE,

I was argueing with a friend of mine about who was richer between this two blocs,,,,,,,

people chose skibanj and few took tuface,

can you guys put this on control?
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by lildainty(f): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
MONEYWISE NA SKIBANJ NOW. . . . . . .SHO . . . . . EVEN BLIND MAN ND DEAF KNOW SAY NA HIM NOWWWWWWWWWW , . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by keyne(f): 2:48pm On Apr 15, 2009
i can't say.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by remmyneece: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2009
i also think D'banj is richer
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2009
d'banj is obviously richer, now, all d cash 4rm his albums,mo-hits,advertisements and others grin

Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by steve49ja(m): 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2009
Men i choose 2 baba
so na 2baba no de do shows/sell album and advert? undecided
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by romsky: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2009
D'banj
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by markos: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2009
what a joke!!! Dbanj richer than 2face, 2face has done more international shows than Dbanj, his popularity does not extend outside Nigeria, maybe some parts of London and Africa, 2face has done loads of shows in Europe, US, carribean, Dubai and he gets paid over 20K USD per show, the soundtrack to Phat girl in which they use his African queen hit, he made some good money off that

Dbanj is a pretty good artist and sucessful it seems, thats good for Nigeria music!!
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by wunmilyn(f): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
D'banj as at now
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by remmyneece: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2009
Though,
i sure know that tuface has been to many places and has done a lot of shows likewise dbanj who has most of his shows in naija here, but all i hear is that dbanj has f, kn dough more than tuface, he made album sales and adverts like almost 70mill for glo,15 for power fist energy, also for virgin colour drink and more,more,more.

what else about dbanj again,

you all can make votes, you can go to the top of the messages and vote.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by sulenaldo: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2009
d bang is a don'. he is not just a musician but a money tycoon
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by Meldrick(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2009
You must realize Tuface is on his own but D'banj is in a group.
Really if it is from music, Tuface is richer
If it is from drugs, D'banj obviously made money when he was out of the country.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by oluwafemi113(m): 5:43am On Apr 26, 2009
D banj is what of naira and usd
Why 2 baba is what of koko and Ghana cds
2 baba him self knw now
D banj as at of now
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by blacksta(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2009
who cares anyway, nobody here is getting any kobo from these guys. We should be any they are getting paid it is about time
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by ylove: 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2009
tuface idibia is the best

Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by studio43(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2009
Dont forget tuface get politicians backup o
and the sugar mummy's dem hin dey chop coded wink
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by UNLEASHED(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2009
I think D'banj is richer
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by damoe: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
it hurts me that that wack ass called d banj has so much money but that's his luck besides his recent advert for glo was wack
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by ylove: 9:25am On May 02, 2009
i prefer Tuface
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by PapaBrowne(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2009
Nairawise: Dbanj

Dollarwise: Tuface
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by veraponpo(m): 2:04pm On May 08, 2010
Tuface For Life.

About 6 houses or more,uses best of cars among our musicians, most influential and with the best international musical success.

I don't think D'banj even has 2 houses let alone 6.

Boys are different from men.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by binigurl07: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
Dbanj gets 10 million in a week  grin
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by ifihearam: 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2010
Tuface For Life.

About 6 houses or more,uses best of cars among our musicians, most influential and with the best international musical success.

I don't think D'banj even has 2 houses let alone 6.

Boys are different from men.

Who dash monkey banana,how can 2faceown 6 houses na big fat lie,yet he lives on rent in festac besides i can tell you for free that the Range sports he uses was given ti him(dash)by Ayiri,this guy is a multi millionaire based in Warri,he is also a PA to the goveror but deals on bunkering,he dashed tubaba a brown new range rover
To butress this in his wedding which i shall paste the pics,he used tubaba,dbanj,pquare,timaya etc as his grooms men and the wedding was for three days the governor and former governor was in attendace.

Omo guys dey cha
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by moskey: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
binigurl07:

Dbanj gets 10 million in a week grin

That one na for dream and it only happen in Nigerian Movies.

2baba No.1
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2010
To Nigerians, whoever makes more noise is richer. How can you say D'Banj is richer than 2face.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by mrc4: 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
wen dojazzy and mo hits crew share dbanj money which one go remain? na em person go take am compare 2baba. their show fees are the same and 2baba dey chop em own alone while dbanj dey do account 4 mo hits,,, lipsrsealed
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by freshwater(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2010
dbanj wan die

2FACE IDIBIA BIO

Mentioning a few of the awards he has won over the years includes-
1) Best African Act MOBO - London (MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN) 2007 AWARDS
2) CHANNEL “O” AWARDS a) Best Male Video, b) Best African Video of the year, c) Best African Act.
3) Best African Act KORA AWARDS 2005
4) NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS New York a) Africa Break Through Artist of the Year 2006 and b) Best Album of the Year 2007
5) Best Musical Artiste AFRO NOLLYWOOD AWARDS 2005,
6) Song of the Decade NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARDS 2007
7) African Song of The Year (Non Ghanaian) GHANA MUSIC AWARDS 2005,
cool Music of the Year EXCELLENCE RECOGNITION AWARDS 2004
9) Special Recognition Award HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS 2005
10) 1st NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS 2004 a) Song of the year (African Queen) b) Best Album of the year c) Best Hip Hop and R&B Artiste
11) The Outstanding Musician of the Year 2005 BLACK HERITAGE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
12) Musician of the Year 2004 CITY PEOPLE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
13) Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry 2004 AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
2Face Idibia Wins MOBO Award for Best African Act

14) Best Song Of The Year 2005 G.C.E INTERNATIONAL AWARDS,
15) Musician Of The Year 2006 THE FUTURE AWARDS,
16) A.M.E.N AWARDS 2004 a) Best Male Vocalist, b) Song of the Year c) Best New Act Male d) Best Video.
17) Best Male Vocalist 2002 AFFINITY AWARDS.
18) Song Of the decade 2007(African Queen) THE NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARD
19) Best African Act 2007 MOBO (MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN AWARDS) UK
20) HIP HOP AWARDS a) Best R&B album b) Best R&B male
21) Best African Act Australian African Awards 2008
22) Best selling Nigerian Artist – World Music Awards 2008, Monaco, Spain
23) Youth Ambassador for peace- Universal Federation for World peace
24) Nigerian International Youth Award- National Youth council of Nigeria.
25) 2Face Idibia has been named a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations' world food programme, joining other Nigerian icons like Wole Soyinka, John Fashanu etc. who are also working with the UN to fight different causes across the African continent.
26) First non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society in recognition for his outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa.

About 2 Face Idibia
2face Idibia was born Innocent Ujah Idibia on September 18, 1975 in Jos, Plateau State, although he is originally a native of Otukpo in Benue state.
He signed a record deal with Kennis Music and that saw him rise to become one of Nigeria’s most successful artistes with his massively popular song African Queen which was the first ever video to be played on Pan African channel MTV Base. He sold over 5 million copies of his debut album, Face2Face.
He went on to win several awards including the 2005 Channel O Best Male Music Video award, the first award given for Best African at the MTV Europe Awards held in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2005, Awards for Musical Excellence in Nigeria, Ghana Music Awards, City People Awards for Excellence, Global Excellence Awards, Hip hop World Special Recognitions Award and an outstanding achiever’s awards, equivalent to a chieftaincy title, by the Benue State government.
He was also nominated for Most Promising Artiste, Kora 2004 and Best African Act MOBO Awards 2005.

ABOUT 2FACE IDIBIA

2FACE IDIBIA has been singing all his life. Well, almost.

But since the singer came across music in his early days on earth, there’s been no looking back.

Perhaps greatly influenced by the music genes his mother failed to put to use, Innocent Idibia lived all his early life in the tin city of Jos (Plateau State of Nigeria) itching for music and trying to convince his parents to allow him pursue his dream.

Born in tin mining city of Jos, Plateau State, on September 18, 1975 to Michael and Rose Idibia, both indigenes of Benue state (a region noted for its passion for farming from where 2face and his ex partner Blackface would later derive their group name, Plantashun Boiz), 2face and his immediate family could never have imagined the enormous fame and fortune music would bring his way few decades later.

Today, barely 10 years after he stopped his tertiary education (at the Institute of Management Studies & Technology, Enugu) midway to come to Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial port city, to face music, Idibia stands not only as the nation’s most iconic act, but her most successful debutant ever, the most revered and most inspiring contemporary singer across Africa – especially since his plethora of year 2005 awards which include Channel O African music Video awards, Awards for Musical Excellence In Nigeria, Ghana Music Awards, a MOBO nomination (alongside Baba Maal, Femi Kuti, Youssou Ndoir and Yvonne Chaka Chaka), and the MTV EMA where he was crowned Africa’s Best Act in the newly created category. He has recently been named Best African act at the 12th edition of the MOBO awards which held at the o2 arena, London on September 19, 2007.

From a young greenhorn, who arrived Lagos in 1997, barely able to make ends meet and unable to afford studio sessions to complete a debut album (with his ex-group, Plantashun Boiz), Idibia has grown to become one of Nigeria’s most successful artistes, selling over 10 million copies of his debut solo album, Face 2 face and his follow-up Grass to Grace ( both released on Kennis Music), performing endlessly across the length and breath of the vast country and across Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Togo, Ghana, South Africa, Senegal, Niger, Burkina Faso, Ivory coast…) and serving as brand ambassador For Guinness Extra Smooth.

Since the release of his debut solo album on May 15, 2004, 2face Idibia has rekindled fading hopes in the Nigerian music industry, and refreshed the dwindling patronage of ladies for local Nigerian music.

Thanks to his monster hit, African Queen which eulogises the strength and beauty of the African woman. “It’s a general song and not directed at any particular person – I can sing it to my mum, sing it to my sister, sing it to anybody. The song is just my own way of paying my tribute and respect to the African woman. But it can also be related to anybody in the world, it’s just about respect for the woman. I am from Africa that’s why I chose to call it ‘African Queen’” he says of the song which was only recently, chosen for the lead soundtrack of PHAT GIRLZ, a new movie from Fox, which premieres April 2006.

The eclectic vocalist has recorded an impressive catalogue of international collaborations. In 2004, he recorded ‘proud to be African’ at a Lagos studio with Wyclef Jean. In 2005, he recorded a remake of his hit, Nfana Ibaga (No Problem) with Ghanian hiplife star Reggie Rockstone and Grammy award-winning Dancehall star BeenieMan. Same year, he recorded a jazz version of African Queen with South-Africa based Nigerian artiste Kunle. There continues to be endless collaboration requests from all over the world by artistes who are fascinated by 2face’s vocal versatility, effortless delivery and pseudo-reggae pop style. The reason is obvious, according to 2face: “I don’t limit myself to one style in terms of what I listen to and the music I make. I like to be versatile. Growing up, I listened to Jamaican acts like Bob Marley and U-Roy, also Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5, plus a lot of Nigerian stuff, especially highlife like Victor Uwaifo. The major influence on my music is reggae. “

===================================================

DBANJ JOINS 2FACE IN MTV HALL OF FAME
He lost the best African act prize to 2face Idibia at the 12th edition of MOBO awards last September. But on Thursday November 1, master entertainer and bona-fide ladies’ man, D’banj got a worthy compensation when he was announced the Best African act at the MTV Europe Music awards which held at the OlympiaHalle hall in Munich, Germany. The 27 year-old performer is the second Nigerian to win the prize in two years. Compatriot 2face Idibia was the first ever artiste to win the award when it was started in 2005. Last year, Nigeria’s rave pop twins Psquare were nominated for the cherished prize, but they lost to South Africa’s Freshlyground Dbanj beat South Africa’s HHP, Kenya’s Jua Kali, Ghana’s Samini and Uganda’s Chameleone to come top. Earlier in the week, there had been speculations D’banj might lose the prize to HHP, as he was lagging behind by over 2000 votes. But pundits insisted the exuberant Nigerian singer was the most qualified for the prize; and definitely the favourite of fans and VJs across the African continent where voting is decided. D’banj flew to Munich on Tuesday November 30 to attend the award which is beamed to millions of audiences across the world. Born Oladapo Oyebanjo, D’banj’s career has grown in leaps and bounds since he returned to Nigeria in 2005. from a wannabe R&B singer, who fled to London at an early age and pitched his tent with the popular Backbone crew; D’banj has grown to become one of the most accomplished Nigerian entertainers in recent times. With dozens of awards to show for his success, and millions of album units sold, the dashing singer is living his dreams, and glad he settled for music even when it appeared a stupid decision. He started his recording career in Lagos, working with producer OJB before he relocated to England. It was while in England he met JJC (aka Mr Skillz) and his crew, and became part of the family. Along with Kween, MP, Don Jazzy and others, they rolled together and former a coalition of sorts. He would later leave JJC, under controversial circumdtances, to form Mo Hits Records with don Jazzy, a gifted producer who many give the credit for the D’Banj brand. He relocated to Nigeria with Jazzy in 2005, after his debut single ‘Tongolo’ became fairly popular and it seemed Nigerian were ready for what he had to offer. Only last month, he dumped his Michael Otedola estate (in Magodo, a Lagos suburb) for a posh Maryland (also in Lagos) residence. The singer’s new home is an 8-bedroom apartment, with all the trappings of a star – and he’s already contemplating naming it ‘Koko Villa’. The MTV prize, is expected to immediately reflect on his career, although many have criticized organisers of the award for not presenting regional awards during the main ceremony, and for only showing images to audiences in Africa. D’banj’s award was reportedly presented hours before the main event started.
It was the same, when 2face won the award in 2005. Originally groomed to be a soldier, D’Banj was born as Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo in the Northern city of Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria to an artillery officer and a church dignitary whom hailed from Shagamu in Ogun State. Due to his father’s job, D’Banj moved several times within Nigeria as well as abroad to India. At 11, he was enrolled in the military school, and it appeared certain he was going to be a combatant like his father. But few years, later, after losing his immediate elder brother (Femi Oyebanjo) to a plane crash, D’Banj picked up a different, harmless weapon entirely- the harmonica, which, incidentally, was the only item recovered from his late brother’s remains. Together with an hitherto ignored musical talent, the harmonica nidged him towards the path of music, and he succumbed to the lure, despite initial attempts by his parents to discourage him. (read less)

and lastely tuface old pass dbanj, hin get wife pass dbanj, he get kids pass am, did u know how much he make from this world cup, 2 face na baba.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by yemmytee1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
award no be money ooo guy, dbanj na runs man, carry drugs too u know, yahoo aswell, as policians backuptoo, check tinubu and fashola at is koko mansion, advert mohit no get shingbain there oo, na only shows and concerts, and its 30/70, so Bleep 2face, if fucking broke, with hyperbroke.go confirm well i be festac boy like 2face we no how he dey goo, dbanj is richer like it or not.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by boy1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2010
na wa!dis is not necessary.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by anitabest(f): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2010
None of the above.
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by johnpius1(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2010
the both of them are rich but i will go for Tu face
Re: D'banj And Tuface Idibia by mrbana: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2010
2face its d best and d richest,

(1) (Reply)

Best Nollywood Actor And Actress? / Video[18+]: Watch Leaked Video Of Miss Anambra 2015 In Lesbianism / Dakore Egbuson Returns In 'Journey To Self'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.