Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,934 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) (1759 Views)

Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) / Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by classick: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
We're all familiar with some top notch MCs in Naija at the moment, names like Modenine, M.I & Phyno come to mind when we're talking about illest rappers in the country, those are the guys at the top, what about the underground MCs who are not as popular, but have been putting in work for a good number of years and have earned their respect even from the Rappers in the limelight. Here's my top 5. Feel free to add yours.

5. Mista Books - This Enugu-bred, Abuja based lyricist/producer has one of the smoothest and easily recognizable voices is Naija hip hop, his flows are top notch, delivery is a 100% perfect and his philosophy is as deep as they come. If you listen to his song 'War Zone' then you'll understand what I mean. Check him out.
http://notjustok.com/2013/07/21/video-mista-books-war-zone/

4.Fecko - I have to say, besides his rapping skills, this dude hustles hard as well. His recent single 'Hustle Over Feelings' says it all. Check him out.
http://www.360nobs.com/2015/06/music-fecko-hustle-over-feelings/

3.Lyrikal - PH City stand up !!! this dude is certainly one of my favorite rappers on the list. Great flows, Great delivery and his consistency in putting out music over the years has solidified his position as a key figure in PH City hip hop. Listen to his single 'Focused' and be blown away.
http://9jabaze.com/music/view/7332835?get-file=Lyrikal%20-%20Focused

2.Double Six - Now this is one MC/producer you just can't get enough of when you hear his voice on a beat, he simply eats the track up. Raw, outspoken and filled with truth in his lyrics. A great story-teller on the mic and his wordplay is absolutely frightening, check out his song 'Look Back' and you'll be hooked forever and ever !!!
http://phcitymusic.com/blog/2011/09/07/debut-double-six-look-back/

1.Double K - Now this Ni**a right here is what you call a beast, I mean BEAST !!! when he gets hold of a mic then you expect nothing less than a verbal beat-down from him. A PH based MC who's track record goes way back, ask your best rapper, he respects Double K anyday. He is hard, he is deep, he is creative, he is versatile, he is Dope !!! Check out his song 'Tins & Tins' then you'll understand what am saying.
http://phcitymusic.com/blog/2012/08/15/double-k-ft-deetti-tins-n-tins/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by phatwall: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2015
What's yours ?
Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by emarketer1: 11:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
classick:
We're all familiar with some top notch MCs in Naija at the moment, names like Modenine, M.I & Phyno come to mind when we're talking about illest rappers in the country, those are the guys at the top, what about the underground MCs who are not as popular, but have been putting in work for a good number of years and have earned their respect even from the Rappers in the limelight. Here's my top 5. Feel free to add yours.

4.Fecko - I have to say, besides his rapping skills, this dude hustles hard as well. His recent single 'Hustle Over Feelings' says it all. Check him out.
http://www.360nobs.com/2015/06/music-fecko-hustle-over-feelings/

Naija Hiphop heads are still sleeping on Hustle Over Feelings. Even Modo endorsed Fecko's HOF movement during his performance at Henessy Artistry 2015.
Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by classick: 3:31am On Nov 08, 2015
emarketer1:

Naija Hiphop heads are still sleeping on Hustle Over Feelings. Even Modo endorsed Fecko's HOF movement during his performance at Henessy Artistry 2015.
Naija hip hop heads will always sleep on quality joints.
Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by emarketer1: 5:57am On Nov 08, 2015
classick:

Naija hip hop heads will always sleep on quality joints.

No love when a rapper drops a sick Hiphop tune. And they don't hesitate to hate immediately they notice the same Hiphop artist has gone commercial.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by classick: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
emarketer1:

No love when a rapper drops a sick Hiphop tune. And they don't hesitate to hate immediately they notice the same Hiphop artist has gone commercial.

Straight up sad

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by xenastar(f): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Splash and Zoro
Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by Baroba(m): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
xenastar:
Splash and Zoro

That Zoro kid is sick with it, one of the best rap artist in Nigeria most people have never heard off, his flows in Igbo are just ridiculously good. Intact, I rate him better than Phyno in terms of delivery and wordplay.. Phyno is getting too commercial for my liking, what the hell is " if you like fruit make I banana you" I found that too corny..

Just listen to Otu ada asi ndo by Zoro to see how good this kid is.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) by classick: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Zoro is sick !!!

(1) (Reply)

Top 12 Most Inspirational Songs / Stunner – New Wave [album] / Natalie Taylor - Surrender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.