Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

10 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Dr. Myles Munroe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Dr. Myles Munroe (1783 Views)

Download 40 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Downloads By Dr. Myles Munroe On Faith, Family, Po / How The Late Dr. Myles Munroe's Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive / 10 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Dr. Myles Munroe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Dr. Myles Munroe by olukotung(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dr. Myles Munroe is an international leader who travelled to so many countries around the globe including African, Asian, European and American countries; speaking on the subject of purpose and leadership, yet many do not really know him until after his shocking death news. It is however no more a fact, that you become more popular at death than at birth or while living.

Here are ten interesting facts that may interest you about the late Dr. Myles Munroe:

1. He was born and named Myles Egbert Munroe in 1954 into a poor family of 11 children in Nassau, the Capital of Bahamas, a nation not up to the city of Osogbo, Osun state, Nigeria in terms of population.

2. As no one is a christian by birth but by re-birth, he became a christian at age 13 and never turned back from following Christ.

3. He was once the dullest student of his class in his High school but repositioned himself and became the best graduating student of same class in the same school.

4. He attended Oral Roberts University (ORU) with the honor of Bachelor of Fine Arts Education and Theology in 1978, had his Master's degree in Administration at the University of Tulsa in 1980 and also served as Adjunct Professor of the Graduate School of Theology at ORU.

5. He authored and co-authored over 70 books and Biblical-related study guides before death.

6. He founded the Bahamas Faith Ministries International in the early 80s before he was 30 and pastored the ministry for more than 30 years until death.

7. Due to his immense contributions to the United Kingdom, he was awarded with the honor of the Order of the British Empire in 1998 at age 34.

8. He is more popular even than the Bahamian Prime Minister in and outside the Bahamas.

9. His only wife Ruth Munroe who bore him two children {Myles Jr. (Chairo) & Charisa}, served as co-pastor with him at BFMI and died with him in the plane crash that took their lives and eight others on Nov. 9th, 2014. Two days before the incident, Ruth said to her close friend, Angela (wife of David Burrows, the incumbent president of BFMI), "my purpose is to serve my husband". Indeed, she died fulfilling that.

10. A week before his death, Dr. Myles Munroe spoke of death on the Jeff Koinage live TV show in Kenya and was quoted as saying, "I love the phrase, 'It is finished'! I want to die because there is nothing left for me to do. I have done what I was born to do". Sounds like the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, likewise the great Apostle Paul, after they finished their earthly mission.

What have you done with your life?
Don't forget to leave your comments.

(1) (Reply)

Deathstroke: Grand Mufti Saudi Arabia Supports Child (even Cradle) Marriage! Why / Six Things The Bible Never Said / Rccg Sunday School Sunday 22 January, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.