Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria (35040 Views)

DSS Foils Attempt To Hack, Steal N4.5b From TSA / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / 13 Parastatals, Including NNPC, Exempted From TSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by billysly: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
TSA is now questionable. Money go continue to miss
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Adesiji77: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
175:
Interesting....so NNPC is not in the TSA abi Who is in the TSA then?

Nigerian Football Association
Akara Fryers and Sellers Association
Lacasera n Gala Hawkers Association

Abi!?? Chai APC and Buhari, there's God oooo.

Chanjii

lalasticlala n Seun plus Ishilove come and see oooooo gringrin

cheesy grin
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by tuscani: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
APC you see your life. you are simply not ready to rule. this alimajiri government self

3 Likes

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Themandator: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
PDP said it was going to happen..

I remember Metus advice to the APC not to be too much in a hurry to celebrate tsa that PDP did not put it implementation on hold because of election or corruption.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Themandator: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
stynhaq:
So what was the point of TSA to begin with?

Especially NNPC & PHCN - the two most corrupt of all

There is nothing called PHCN... e Don die since
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by sagemode007: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
na wa oo lol
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by amusadele: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tufiakwa. How I wish it is natural possible to ceased to a Nigerians. Can someone advise me if it is possible? If NNPC is removed, in fact, the worse that can happen to any individual is to be a citizen of this country Nigerian. Am sure that the companies that will make the TSA is Pure water factories, fast food centre etc Damn.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by mickey45: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
omowolewa:
There is no way the government could be strict about TSA, it just like blocking all route to a building. Na small small dem go dey flex the rule till its no longer effective.

How will the commercial banks (who are the access point to the populace) receive money on behalf of the government when all government accounts are domiciled with the CBN?

TSA is good but still needs a good fine tune. Imagine, CAC web declining receipt of funds due to TSA. That is just CAC.

Experimentation....../ trial and error
That's what we'll spend the next two-three years doing.
Nothing's changed.
We've only changed drivers...
But We're still in the same car...

1 Like

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by tuniski: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
modath:

Did you think before you posted?

GEJ came up with the TSA but didnt have the will to enforce it as usual....

Go and research, you know little, sorry.
GEJ didn't come up with the TSA, it has been there before independence but, liberalized after the civil war to allow for d increasing need for speedy govt transaction and development. However, TSA can only be use as a cut off procedure not a lasting Policy it won't last! It is a lazy brain accounting!
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hahaha ....if NNPC is not part of TSA then what are we talking about naaa? <I de waaaka de go joooooooor>
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
So Transcorp Hilton is owned by the government? Pls don't bash me just answer yes or no.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by modath(f): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
tuniski:
GEJ didn't come up with the TSA, it has been there before independence but, liberalized after the civil war to allow for d increasing need for speedy govt transaction and development. However, TSA can only be use as a cut off procedure not a lasting Policy it won't last! It is a lazy brain accounting!

But what do we do when stealing of public money is in our DNA nko?
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by FearGodinall: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Government of propaganda and lie,Buhari a cause to Nigeria.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by CriticalThought: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
The irony is too much, after all the noise making exercise you will now add comma inside

Chances are these are the most corrupt institutions in the country

If that exemption is upheld then the simple truth is we are not ready to fix this country
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by jt2damoney(m): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
ok

Get $20 immediately.its real and easy.pls use the link on my signature and start earning
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Splashme: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
A very confused and
lying govt, I swear
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by dyn1800: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
The story says more details to follows.... Sure they just want to get some people attention
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Gamesmart: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
bongila:
Make a rule today reverse same tomorrow. Confusion everywhere. GEJ tuale to you sir.

You will soon be tualing to him while he is in jail.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by tete7000(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Buhari and his penchant for noise, hazy and uninformed decisions. The president that came in and on his inaugural speech announced an end to amnesty programme by December. He ban 113 tanker vessels without due consultations and not not long after he backtracked. Is he not supposed to receive appropriate briefs before making decisions? Nigerian in for one chance.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by gymer(m): 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Themandator:

There is nothing called PHCN... e Don die since

Government is still in charge of transmission.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by eightsin(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
well spoken bro.. even me n my family go join

175:
Interesting....so NNPC is not in the TSA abi Who is in the TSA then?

Nigerian Football Association
Akara Fryers and Sellers Association
Lacasera n Gala Hawkers Association

Abi!?? Chai APC and Buhari, there's God oooo.

Chanjii

lalasticlala n Seun plus Ishilove come and see oooooo gringrin
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
oshyno:
If NNPC that constitute 80% of FG income is not on the list what then was d fuse all about.
This govt always blowing hot air no substance.
let me educate u just a little about public sector accounting.
The revenue from Nnpc (as well as customs, FIRS,) goes to the federation account for onward distribution among d 3 tiers of government.
TSA is tied to the consolidated revenue fund which receives the federal govt share of the distribution. Hope u now understand why Nnpc cannot be under the TSA? Rather a separate system for accountability urgently needs to be set up for them. Cos Dem don thief tire
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gamesmart:

You will soon be tualing to him while he is in jail.
pls stop sycophancy and grow up.

In as much as u support buhari and hate GEJ, u must admit that buhari makes very weighty and far reaching economic decisions like someone deciding what color of boxers to wear underneath. He does not think some issues thru before jumping to decisionss. Makes me wonder what kind of demons and national saboteurs have surrounded him in the name of friends and advisers.
He reminds me so much of the ab.oki we once had as CBN governor.
NIGERIA is a very complex state with very complex and peculiar problems. Every single decisions has to be carefully considered before implementation.

U can never hear me calling PMB baba go slow cos I believe that provided he thinks his actions thru, the time taken shud not matter
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by MrTreasure1: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
modath:

Sharap and gerrarahia joor. Shey now the man with the will is president now? So why make exemptions? Exemptions that includes the sole reason for the TSA, NNPC?

Then the will to enforce to the latter is not there nah!

#wehavebeenscammed
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
anonimi:

How can a person give what he does NOT have?
Sai Buubuu is the most CORRUPT individual among our leaders- PRETENSE unraveling steadily.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

Well, time will tell!
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by anyaikenga: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
One Chance fully loaded. The Milk cow is excluded so where will all the money enter? I told people that Buhari is regreting that he didnt loot like other Heads of States thats why he came back.
175:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/13-parastatals-includng-nnpc-exempted-from-tsa/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by urchmanx(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Spiff20:
So Transcorp Hilton is owned by the government? Pls don't bash me just answer yes or no.
In December, 2005, Transcorp acquired 51% controlling stake in the Hilton Abuja for the sum of $105 million (equivalent at the time to N13.7billion) after a very competitive bid. The remaining 49% is owned by the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE)
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by cuteboy2: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oh my good Lord!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

NNPC excluded from TSA shocked shocked

We thought NNPC was the capital of corruption Buhari, El-Rufai and Oshiomole were screaming to high heavens do not remit federal revenues. Hence, the whole TSA thing was principally targeted at NNPC to ensure all federal revenues are remitted.

It is always to scream transparency and probity from outside. When you are in charge the sweetness of the juice and the slush funds in NNPC is just too tempting to aggregate in TSA and throw it open for public scrutiny.

What really are they trying to hide

Chai!!! We have been scammed again ooooooo

I weep for Nigeria. cry embarassed cry embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by cuteboy2: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
modath:

True GEJ drew up the framework for TSA early this year.
He did not have the time to implement it. Elections were already at hand.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by christinie(f): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
All Buhari/APC haters should follow me so I can follow them back. Thanks.
christinie:
Why did he exempt those parastatals if he's not a thief? Who's deceiving who now?
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by cuteboy2: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
PublicAssurance:
[size=18pt]Now some Parastatals are exempt.....This is the beginning of Thievery!!!.....Awon Ole Oshi!![/size]

They are laying the ground work for mis-using and mis-applying funds.

I will not yet accuse Buhari that he is planning to loot. The problem will be that thieving and vindictive midget governor of Kaduna State El Rufai, Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido, and former IG of Police under Abacha (Ibrahim Coomasie) and former Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) Chairman who are his inner caucus advisers.

The idea is to pretend to be locking the front door with this so-called TSA policy, while leaving the back door wide open for funds to flow out to whatsoever they want to do with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by adconline(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
obstead200:
let me educate u just a little about public sector accounting.
The revenue from Nnpc (as well as customs, FIRS,) goes to the federation account for onward distribution among d 3 tiers of government.
TSA is tied to the consolidated revenue fund which receives the federal govt share of the distribution. Hope u now understand why Nnpc cannot be under the TSA? Rather a separate system for accountability urgently needs to be set up for them. Cos Dem don thief tire
You miss the part where NNPC operates a foreign account with Chase Bank where minister of finance and CBN are not signatories to...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Buhari Sacks His Liaison Officer / Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.