Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,666 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria (35032 Views)

DSS Foils Attempt To Hack, Steal N4.5b From TSA / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / 13 Parastatals, Including NNPC, Exempted From TSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by okpurukata(f): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
obstead200:
let me educate u just a little about public sector accounting.
The revenue from Nnpc (as well as customs, FIRS,) goes to the federation account for onward distribution among d 3 tiers of government.
TSA is tied to the consolidated revenue fund which receives the federal govt share of the distribution. Hope u now understand why Nnpc cannot be under the TSA? Rather a separate system for accountability urgently needs to be set up for them. Cos Dem don thief tire

Helloooo. If NNPC revenue goes to the federation account, how come they have several large deposits in various commercial Banks?
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
okpurukata:

Helloooo. If NNPC revenue goes to the federation account, how come they have several large deposits in various commercial Banks?
that is why I said Dem don thief tire.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
adconline:

You miss the part where NNPC operates a foreign account with Chase Bank where minister of finance and CBN are not signatories to...
what I gave u is an ideal situation as stipulated by the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nigerians are ridiculously un-informed. The exemptions were expected from the start.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/treasury-single-account-fg-releases-cbn-account-name-number-for-mdas/
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
tuniski:
GEJ didn't come up with the TSA, it has been there before independence but, liberalized after the civil war to allow for d increasing need for speedy govt transaction and development. However, TSA can only be use as a cut off procedure not a lasting Policy it won't last! It is a lazy brain accounting!
technically, u are right to say GEJ did not introduce TSA (as a policy). It is embeded into the laws of Nigeria that all revenues from all government ministries, department and agencies are to be paid into the CRF except those specifically exempted. However TSA in its present form with its underlying technology is an enforcement mechanism for the existing law. So Gej introduced the enforcement mechanism for TSA. Let us give him credit for that please.

Now as for TSA not lasting, I can assure u as a seasoned accountant in the public sector that the underlying technology on which the TSA is based is very robust and the system was properly designed to be sustainable.
However, the implementation is another ball game all together. TSA is a wonderful innovation. If it does not last, we shud not blame the technology. We should blame the policy makers and the pple implementing the policies

2 Likes

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Image123(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
The message " all revenue due to the Federal Government or any of its agencies must be paid into the Treasury Single Account (TSA) or designated accounts maintained and operated in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), EXCEPT OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY APPROVED. " was widely reported by many news media as far back as September 7 and even earlier. It was always in the plan. The NNPC for instance cannot practically run that.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/07/buhari-sets-deadline-for-treasury-single-account-compliance/
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Image123(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
obstead200:
technically, u are right to say GEJ did not introduce TSA (as a policy). It is embeded into the laws of Nigeria that all revenues from all government ministries, department and agencies are to be paid into the CRF except those specifically exempted. However TSA in its present form with its underlying technology is an enforcement mechanism for the existing law. So Gej introduced the enforcement mechanism for TSA. Let us give him credit for that please.

Now as for TSA not lasting, I can assure u as a seasoned accountant in the public sector that the underlying technology on which the TSA is based is very robust and the system was properly designed to be sustainable.
However, the implementation is another ball game all together. TSA is a wonderful innovation. If it does not last, we shud not blame the technology. We should blame the policy makers and the pple implementing the policies

TSA is an IMF thing. Okonjo dubbed it from IMF practices abi na best practices but didn't implement. The current government saw it as a good template and are implementing.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by SmartMugu: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
rudebouy:
Firstly, this news doesnt sound true to me oh.

Secondly, Transcopr Hilton na govt parastatal ni?
I was thinking the same about Transcript Hilton. Like the article said, it has not been announced publicly, so the whole thing may just be a hoax.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by DedeNkem: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Buhari use TSA policy to confuse dumb Nigerians.
How could he exempt NNPC, the main source of all loots?
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by stynhaq(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mee234:

That is where his money will come from. He needs to steal his own to be as per with OBJ and the likes

Hahaha grin grin grin got my ribs cracking really
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2015
modath:

Did you think before you posted?

GEJ came up with the TSA but didnt have the will to enforce it as usual....

Go and research, you know little, sorry.

Before you continue with insult...Jonathan approved tSA for relevant agencies and excused these listed here...Buhari and APC felt they knew better and wanted to counter him after noise in the media but today they are rescinding the decision meaning they were inept, confused and empty ab initio...with empty supporters too undecided

1 Like

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Ramsey247(m): 5:11am On Sep 22, 2015
modath:

Always pay attention to news. GEJ came up with TSA but dumped it after a pilot test with one or two agencies.
Metu said it that this TSA of a thing will not work out.
I expect to hear another reversal on crude delivery by vessel to the refineries.
Nigerians will gradually believe GEJ.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Gamesmart: 5:36am On Sep 22, 2015
obstead200:
pls stop sycophancy and grow up.

In as much as u support buhari and hate GEJ, u must admit that buhari makes very weighty and far reaching economic decisions like someone deciding what color of boxers to wear underneath. He does not think some issues thru before jumping to decisionss. Makes me wonder what kind of demons and national saboteurs have surrounded him in the name of friends and advisers.
He reminds me so much of the ab.oki we once had as CBN governor.
NIGERIA is a very complex state with very complex and peculiar problems. Every single decisions has to be carefully considered before implementation.

U can never hear me calling PMB baba go slow cos I believe that provided he thinks his actions thru, the time taken shud not matter

And what makes you think this is not part of thinking it through?

Has the policy negatively affected the establishment before the adjustment was made?

Even if people are trying to save you and your future, some of you just what to complain to have a perception in your head that you are relevant and contributing.

Reminds me of the criticism and abuse bombardment Murray Bruce gets on twitter for saying corruption and suffering must end.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2015
bongila:
Make a rule today reverse same tomorrow. Confusion everywhere. GEJ tuale to you sir.

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2015
modath:

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2015
maestroferddi:
After all the noise?

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Themandator: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2015
gymer:

Government is still in charge of transmission.

And it is called TCN.....Transmission Company of Nigeria
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by mart2k(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2015
175:
Interesting....so NNPC is not in the TSA abi Who is in the TSA then?

Nigerian Football Association
Akara Fryers and Sellers Association
Lacasera n Gala Hawkers Association

Abi!?? Chai APC and Buhari, there's God oooo.

Chanjii

lalasticlala n Seun plus Ishilove come and see oooooo gringrin
175:

Chanjii

175:

Chanjii

D bolded is for our igbo brothers
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by kaboninc(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2015
modath:

Look at this gan....

Are you PassingShot? or NgeneUkwenu?
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2015
Gamesmart:

And what makes you think this is not part of thinking it through?

Has the policy negatively affected the establishment before the adjustment was made?

Even if people are trying to save you and your future, some of you just what to complain to have a perception in your head that you are relevant and contributing.

Reminds me of the criticism and abuse bombardment Murray Bruce gets on twitter for saying corruption and suffering must end.

sorry. But before I reply u, I need to assume that u are an accountant or at least knowledgeable in matters of government treasury operations.

Now having assumed that, let me ask u; what makes u think buhari thought this through before giving marching order to the MDAs to migrate?

Do u know the logistics (training and retraining of staff, orientation of bankers, synchronising the banks' platform to properly integrate with the GIFMIS application in OAGF, budget and appropriation issues, bank reconciliation and issues resolution procedures etc) that should be considered and ironed out before implementation of TSA?
If u know a bit about govt financial operations, you will know that this issues are not childs play. Any one of them, if not properly handled, will seriously hamper TSA implementation and by extension, the public sector operations.

U see, TSA is a good development any day any time. But the implementation needs to be planned very very carefully. it is not something u just issue a marching order without addressing the inherent logistics. that is a perfect recipe for future disaster. Take it or leave it.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Gamesmart: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2015
obstead200:

sorry. But before I reply u, I need to assume that u are an accountant or at least knowledgeable in matters of government treasury operations.

Now having assumed that, let me ask u; what makes u think buhari thought this through before giving marching order to the MDAs to migrate?

Do u know the logistics (training and retraining of staff, orientation of bankers, synchronising the banks' platform to properly integrate with the GIFMIS application in OAGF, budget and appropriation issues, bank reconciliation and issues resolution procedures etc) that should be considered and ironed out before implementation of TSA?
If u know a bit about govt financial operations, you will know that this issues are not childs play. Any one of them, if not properly handled, will seriously hamper TSA implementation and by extension, the public sector operations.

U see, TSA is a good development any day any time. But the implementation needs to be planned very very carefully. it is not something u just issue a marching order without addressing the inherent logistics. that is a perfect recipe for future disaster. Take it or leave it.

My friend, what Buhari issued was a policy.

The detailed implementation of the policy took in considerations that resulted in exemptions.

That is thinking it through.

It is not like if these institutions were included and then exempted after implementation. They were excluded before the implementation.

1 Like

Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by obstead200(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2015
Gamesmart:

My friend, what Buhari issued was a policy.

The detailed implementation of the policy took in considerations that resulted in exemptions.

That is thinking it through.

It is not like if these institutions were included and then exempted after implementation. They were excluded before the implementation.
hey! please read thru my post. I never questioned the exemption or inclusion of any MDAs. Infact, I replied someone else post and tried to justify to him why those exemptions were neccesary.

I am talking about a whole lot of other implementation logistics which I can confidently tell u, as someone who shud know better, that they have not been put in place.
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by mescapee: 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kwaruption!!!
Re: 13 Parastatals, Includng NNPC, Exempted From TSA – Daily Times Nigeria by Image123(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
obstead200:

Life without TSA was a disaster already, we're going to survive such future disasters that limit corruption and waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / See PDP Members Who Are Too Sick To Face Corruption Trial / My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.