Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! (1163 Views)

Nude Photos Of Top Hollywood Actress Leaked Online... / See The Shocking Thing Hollywood Actress Keke Palmer Wore Out...(photos) / Hollywood Actress Ini Edo Reveals Her Weight Loss Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
The night of 19th of September 2015 is one which Uzo Aduba will never forget in a hurry. This is because she was overwhelmed when she was named the Best Supporting Actress in the comedy category for her hit series.

The actress took home the award for supporting actress in a drama series for her role as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in Netflix’s prison drama Orange is the New Black.

This marks the second win for the actress, who picked up the Emmy for guest actress in a comedy series for the same role last year. The actress told EW she was thinking of quitting the business the same day she snagged the award-winning role.

In an emotional laden voice, Aduba tearfully thanked Orange is the New Black series creator Jenji Kohan. “Thank you for creating this show, for creating this space, for creating a platform,” she said. She went on to thank her castmates, crew, agent, manager and lawyers, adding, “I love you mostly because you let me be me.”

Finally, she thanked her family, and specifically her sister Chioma Aduba.

“I really just want to say thank you for my family, who have stood beside me my entire life,” she said, and to Chioma, present in the audience, “I am humbled to call myself your sister. I love you so much.”

It should be noted that Uzo whose full names are Uzoamaka Nwanneka "Uzo" Aduba was born of Nigerian parents who originally hail from Onitsha in Anambra State but reside in the United States where they emigrated to during the Civil War.

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/20/emmys-2015-uzo-aduba-best-supporting-actress-drama
www.facebook.com/AnambraOnline

Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
fт¢ тнιиqѕ.............. ѕρα¢є вσσкє∂
Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by olakumby(f): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by McCarlito(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
That's a blessing....... Expessially being a nigerian and coming from the East to make a hit in the West grin grin grin grin grin

BTW: why her picture be like say she dey cry
Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by mirexxx(f): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Igbo ladies making us proud smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by mirexxx(f): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
McCarlito:
That's a blessing....... Expessially being a nigerian and coming from the East to make a hit in the West grin grin grin grin grin

BTW: why her picture be like say she dey cry
Tears of joy
Re: Anambra Hollywood Actress Wins Emmy Award In The Us! by majamajic(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nice

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Hate About Nollywood / Stunning Make-up Photo Of Tiwa Savage / Official Press Release From Wizkid's Management About His Broke Up With Tania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.