Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus (755 Views)

The Most Effective Method To Disable CD/DVD Or USB Autorun In Windows / Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by CashNaira96: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
hello guys, please i have a very serious problem here...
i have a 64gb flash drive, i moved some important files from my hard drive to the flash about 30gb files to free up some space on my hard disk... the moving process was successfully completed. but while moving the laptop, the flash drive accidentally shook which made the system not to detect it again. i had to remove it and reinsert it only to find out that the files i just moved (and some others on the flash before) are all gone... their folders are empty with nothing inside them.
the funny thing is that they are still taking up space w/o them showing up in the flash... i wonder how that happens.
av tried scanning it with avast and smadav no virus detected...

please if anybody knows how to get them back because i know they are still there because they are still taking up space. please i cant afford to loose those files, they are very important documents.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... sorry for the long post sad cry
Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 23, 2015
i guess ur files are hidden on ur flash u av to access folder option and untick d option for hiding folder contents. also u need to download usbscan if u av issues with autorun virus.
Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by lawrence7: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
I have encountered this issue before.
Here's what to do
1. Go to your start menu( Push the windows button) and type in "folder Options"
2. Click on the view tab.
3. Scroll till you see an option marked "show hidden files and folders".- Check that option
4. Scroll down till you see another marked "Hide protected operating system files". - Uncheck that option
5. You should have what is in the image
6. Click OK or apply and close the box.
7. Your files will now be visible.
To get rid of the virus causing the problem go to google and search for Smadav antivirus. It will solve your issues.
Hope i have helped.

Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by CashNaira96: 7:32am On Sep 24, 2015
prettyboi1989:
i guess ur files are hidden on ur flash u av to access folder option and untick d option for hiding folder contents. also u need to download usbscan if u av issues with autorun virus.
bro i have tried that, it still didnt show up... sad
Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by CashNaira96: 7:34am On Sep 24, 2015
lawrence7:
I have encountered this issue before.
Here's what to do
1. Go to your start menu( Push the windows button) and type in "folder Options"
2. Click on the view tab.
3. Scroll till you see an option marked "show hidden files and folders".- Check that option
4. Scroll down till you see another marked "Hide protected operating system files". - Uncheck that option
5. You should have what is in the image
6. Click OK or apply and close the box.
7. Your files will now be visible.
To get rid of the virus causing the problem go to google and search for Smadav antivirus. It will solve your issues.
Hope i have helped.
boss i did exactly as you said, the files still didnt show up... I have smadav and scanned many times. It didnt detect any virus on it
Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by lawrence7: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
CashNaira96:

boss i did exactly as you said, the files still didnt show up... I have smadav and scanned many times. It didnt detect any virus on it

Other than what I have told you the only way that I know is to use the command prompt
1. Hold down the windows button and press 'R'
2. type in "cmd"
3.type the "attrib (drive letter) -s -h -r"
4. Do this without the brackets.
5. BTW if you followed my earlier instructions and it still didn't work then there's nothing on that drive
Re: Please Help!! Flash Drive Autorun Virus by CashNaira96: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
lawrence7:

Other than what I have told you the only way that I know is to use the command prompt
1. Hold down the windows button and press 'R'
2. type in "cmd"
3.type the "attrib (drive letter) -s -h -r"
4. Do this without the brackets.
5. BTW if you followed my earlier instructions and it still didn't work then there's nothing on that drive
but they are taking up space

(1) (Reply)

The Age Long Debate Between Mac And Pc / Cobranet Modem Need In Lagos .....asap / Farewell To Internet Explorer...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.