Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You (1119 Views)

Nigerian Lady Blasts Teachers Who Teach Students That Men Are Head Of Family / 5 Signs You Were Born Smarter Than Other People / 15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by BrosMayowa(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
I keep pondering over this issue most times as I have always found intelligent girls very attractive. Now going by the traditional definition of intelligence and smarts which is made up of a range of cognitive abilities that include reasoning, problem-solving, spatial ability, general knowledge and memory, it's unfortunate to inform our e-feminists angry all over the world that men are smarter.

While I'll try not to be sexist in my post as (you will soon discover) I can only come to conclusion than men are just on average smarter than women. It's just a debate most learned people have come to agree to. Discussed below are the premises I have based my conclusion;

1. Men do better on standardized tests
At the near-genius level (an IQ of 145), brilliant men have consistently outnumber brilliant women by 8 to one ever since Alfred Binet designed the first IQ Test. That's statistics, not sexism. This only explains why, in almost 110 years of Nobel Prize history, only two women have ever won the Prize for physics and only four have won the Prize for chemistry. Now can someone explain why no women at all have ever won the coveted Fields Medal for mathematics in over eight decades of trying undecided

2. Top Positions are dominated by men
Women account for only 5% of the top executives at the Fortune 500 companies. When even career-driven women get close to the top, they are simply out-numbered by highly intelligent and often ruthlessly ambitious men.

Why? One might ask. An answer lies in the evolutionary demands of nature back in the days of hunting and gathering. As the hunter part of a hunter-gatherer society, men were faced with complex, life-threatening problems that needed solutions on a daily basis. For example, how to kill that elusive deer? The hunters that used all their mental capabilities to come up with the answers, successfully killing animals day after day, were clearly the most intelligent.

3. Men engage in lots of mentally stimulating tasks
This particular one I'm about to discuss is pretty obvious - there are more male musical instrumentalists than females (and even chess players). Playing music, (as nearly all neuro-physiologist have agreed to) is the only activity that uses nearly the whole of the human brain.
Playing music has been found to increase the volume and activity in the brain’s corpus callosum — the bridge between the two hemispheres — allowing messages to get across the brain faster and through more diverse routes. This may allow instrumentalists (usually men) to solve problems more effectively and creatively, in both academic and social settings. The truth is that men today still have physically bigger brains than women, even after adjustments for their different-body size and stature. Also, 80% of the world's genius in history have played at least one musical instrument. Albert Einstein for instance, played the violin.

4. Men are more motivated to succeed at all times.
Thanks to the men's hormonal system oozing the brain with lots of testosterone, men are more motivated to succeed. Listen ladies, for a man - at least as far as his hormone system is concerned - succeeding, competing and beating his rivals is very much still a matter of life and death. Yes, I mean that.
The result is that ambitious, high-achieving men typically work harder, compete more aggressively and become totally immersed in their careers, while even the most high-achieving women will often admit to finding themselves distracted by their genetically preconditioned aptitude for nurture, support and ultimately their priority in care giving (child rearing). See #2 again. cry

5. There are more male professors
Now this one may be rather too weak a point; but look around your university. How many female professors do you see? Do the math and determine the average.
The bottom line is that men will always outnumber women in certain disciplines and vice versa (say engineering and theatre arts for instance).
This doesn't mean we don't have individually intellectual women around, we just have to come to the terms that there will be few of them and the world we live in makes women winning Field Medals a very, very unlikely event.
By all means we need to educate our girls and encourage them to be at their peak; I personally would love to be addressed as the 'First Gentleman of Nigeria'. grin

P.S: My arguments are not based on crude chauvinism (as some people may disagree to), but a good understanding of statistics, law of averages, basic research and deductive reasoning.

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by Niyeal(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thank GOD am a man, great hope ahead of me.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by osec007(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Any female that smiles after reading that is a transgender
Re: Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by BrosMayowa(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
osec007:
Any female that smiles after reading that is a transgender
LMAO!!! cheesy
Re: Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by tallestVic: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
@OP: to compare man with woman is like to compare gods with goats.. Fnck the world. Fnck your science.
Re: Sorry Ladies; Science Says That Men Are Smarter Than You by Chuukwudi(m): 12:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Seconded

(1) (Reply)

Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) / A Must Read: 10 Good Qualities Of A Student Leader / Uniport Faculty Of Management Science President Dies In Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.