Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,940 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last (5541 Views)

...And I Saw This Today. / Perfect Handwriting Examples That Were Too Good Not To Share(photos) / In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Wisdoms00: 1:33am On Sep 22, 2015
Im depressed, I feel like committing suicide, first i lost my dad our only hope and everything starts to change now i wrote waec d first tym my result was withheld den released dey took d one subject dat can make me get admitted due to dat i could not further admission process now i did it again i made it with no comma now This my third tym doin jamb, again i passed cut off my name was not in merit dey said bcux my jamb combo was wrong cause of the newly signed rules of admitting i cnt be giving admission I dnt know wat to do dey accepted those combos last year and now dey r changing it.. Im not like dat one person dat buys his way through everything my mama struggles alot on me i my self is hoping to get in school nd be a successful man and pay her back but life is really frustrating me even her seeing my downfalls is not okay i dont know how im goin go tell her about this one now i think i will just do wat is to be done dis is not good at all.. I just wish to share this with u guyz.. Non of u knows how i feel
Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by teemonk(m): 1:41am On Sep 22, 2015
do not give in to temptation Wisdom. He never sleeps nor slumbers.

9 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by agabaI23(m): 1:47am On Sep 22, 2015
No this will not be your last. You're a young man starting life. If you feel you love your mum, do not think any thing stupid because she will die of sorrow. It is only cowards that commit suicide. If life gives you lemon, make lemonade.

I know someone who wrote Jamb, did prescience, Jamb again anotherJamb before she got admission. She has graduated and no one remembers her grief and travails now.

Oya be a man. Forget your setbacks, start a fresh. You can help mum in her biz that's as better way to help. Then study harder. Start preparing for Jamb now.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by iphanyiuma(m): 2:02am On Sep 22, 2015
Jamb combo has nothing to do wi your admission what the school needs is for you to pass the cutoff that's all...long as you've got a family that loves you, your life is better than you think stop making people feel pity for you that's all they could offer 99% do not care... undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by histemple: 3:07am On Sep 22, 2015
Every successful person must have a story to tell and this is yours. Don't get frustrated because you are destined for greatness.

Very soon you will look back at this situation and laugh. Mark my words.

12 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by DebbyChris(f): 3:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Don't think of taking ur life, i know isn't easy but think of those that were not able to go to school at all or i that have been writing ssce for several years now. God will make everything beautiful in his time don't give up.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by daddysprincess(f): 3:10am On Sep 22, 2015
A. Lot of people wish to be alive today even if its one day, since u are alive there is hope u just need. To believe cause when it looks like your end has come be sure victory is near

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by IGLE25(m): 4:42am On Sep 22, 2015
Brother suicide is not your next option, I have been in a scenario that is worst than yours before... Maybe I should share lil of it with you...
I wrote GCE in 1998 I made just two papers but my jamb was ok, which school will admit you wtout O'level "no schl". The following year I wrote Waec I failed woefully "no problem" that was 1999 and I also wrote GCE whc was with-held, my jamb was ok again. 2000 I re-write waec I only made 4 papers " my credits are gradually building up", I also wrote jamb whc was not that ok.. At this point I made up my mind that I will never write waec again that the worst is to compile my result and look for any course in the polytechnic. 2001 my friend came with a GCE form that someone gave to him and asked me if I wouldn't mind writing the exam I relunctantly collected the form from him and gave him some change while I threw the form under my bed, it was the day last of the form submission that I remembered that I have a form somewhere, I relunctantly brought it out, tippex what my friend and the other person as filled before then I went to submit the form. Lo and Behold it was that particular GCE that gave me my result. I wrote jamb that same year but it was seized. For me not to spend another year at home I applied for Prelim in Auchi poly and I was admitted into a department I never wanted to go into (Agric Engineering). After some months my Ume was released but admission was now the issue. OAU was my first choice but I was denied admission. In 2002 while I was in my first year in the polytechnic my second choice sent admission letter to my house, my sister have to send me mail to that effect because gsm was not that in vogue then. That was how I left my polytechnic for the University of Ado Ekiti to study Mechanical Engineering. I graduated and I got working in a Maritime firm somewhere in Rivers State owned by my elder sister but my boss (I.e the MD) was so hard on me thinking I was there to check mate him, I reported to my elder sister she said it was training. When I got to know it was not training I started saving money for my masters. 2013 I left for China for my Masters and I was doing business along. At first the business was booming later on I got stock, there was no money for my up keep and I find it difficult to have a better meal what was really eating me up was how to get money to settle my second year school fees. Before I knew it it was almost time for payment of school fees, I called my elder sister who helped me wt half of the school fees which I put in my account and used as statement of account to apply for South Korea visa because I learnt I can work in South Korea and earn some cool cash. I got my South Korea visa and I left for Korea last year "late August". After about a week in Korea I got a job in a textile company, the pay was ok but the work was tidious this is money matter I have to do it. The manager of the company came to address us on the night I started the work. The second day at work during lunch some men storm the premises where I was working and they stopped us from working only for me to know that they were immigration. They asked me what visa I'm using to work I tried lying but it does not work for me that was how they hand-cuffed me and took me into their luxurious black maria. I did not steal nor kill but I was handled like a hardened criminal. They took me straight to a small detention cell where they asked me to change into detention uniform (Criminal Clothing).I tried explaining but they did not give me any listening ear. They later brought out a deportation form for me to sign that was when I knew the worst is about to happen to me. The letter was meant for them to deport me to Nigeria as against China where I was schooling, I tried to tell them that I came in through China that they should send me to China they refused and told me that China will not accept me into their country. As if that was not enough the next day I was taken to a bigger deportation cell there I became a pastor in the cell. To make matter worst if you want to go back to your country you have to pay for your flight fee, the money I was having on me which I have plan to add anything I earn from the company to pay up my school fees was what I used in paying for my flight back to Nigeria in September 2014. I spent seven solid days in the detention (cell) eating horrible Korea foods.
I eventually got to Nigeria but was seriously devastated and vowed to organize a mass deportation to Koreans and Chinese who does not have the right papers to be in Nigeria, how will I go about this since I have nobody in Govt. My younger brother picked me up at the airport and told me not to think about it that it is for a reason but in me I thought all was over for me, all the money I worked for is all gone, where will I start from? My elder sister is angry with me that I left her company even when she told me to stay back. I got home everybody welcomed me thinking I was home for holidays and also it was my younger brothers wedding month so pple tot I was home for the wedding. The wedding came and gone I remain at home gathering stuff to return to China. Two days to the day I was to go to China I received a call from my colleague that the school said I should not bother coming back that they have cancelled my visa, I cried, begged the school authority but they did not angry. It was another bomb shell on me. I called the Dean of the school and he told me that the only condition for me to be accepted is for me to start all over again after I have already spent one year and two months with horrible chinese lecturer. I refused that option and I said to myself that it is better for me to go to an English spoking country rather than going back to China to start over again but where will the money come from. When all this was happening the business I did in Korea got busted and I started receiving threat calls that the business yield money that I ate the money. As if that was not enough my Dad got so ill and my younger brother who just got wedded almost ran mad and I was the one running everywhere to see that they came back to normal.
To cut the long story short God just connected me through a pastor who linked me to someone that did america visa for me and from there I got myself to Canada.
Brother, just be strong and pray fervently. GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH...
Make una no mind my english ooooo, grammar no be my language....

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by sexaddict08(m): 5:17am On Sep 22, 2015
hmnn...
Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by sexaddict08(m): 5:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Wisdoms00:
Im depressed, I feel like committing suicide, first i lost my dad our only hope and everything starts to change now i wrote waec d first tym my result was withheld den released dey took d one subject dat can make me get admitted due to dat i could not further admission process now i did it again i made it with no comma now This my third tym doin jamb, again i passed cut off my name was not in merit dey said bcux my jamb combo was wrong cause of the newly signed rules of admitting i cnt be giving admission I dnt know wat to do dey accepted those combos last year and now dey r changing it.. Im not like dat one person dat buys his way through everything my mama struggles alot on me i my self is hoping to get in school nd be a successful man and pay her back but life is really frustrating me even her seeing my downfalls is not okay i dont know how im goin go tell her about this one now i think i will just do wat is to be done dis is not good at all.. I just wish to share this with u guyz.. Non of u knows how i feel

Life is not easy my friend....
Life is tough for everyone but we keep smiling but sad inside.
haven't u heard stories of people who wrote jamb more than 5 times?
haven't u heard the rich also cry?
Even if u pass jamb 5years from now (2020), by (2025) which is 10years from now, u can be a big man already. Time still dey jor, abi u be lazy person
but, are u sure u're still writing jamb or your final year in the university? this your write up no be like jambito own

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Bimffo(m): 6:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Lol. The funny truth is, Suicide is real. But a person that will commit suicide won't tell anyone. He will just go ahead and do it. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Tinablack: 6:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Dearie, since you said your mum is struggling to see you succeed. Instead of committing suiciide, why not use yourself for blood money and give the money to your family member? Atlest you have been useful.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by menix(m): 6:30am On Sep 22, 2015
OP, sincerely after going through ur post, I almost recommended the best way u could get rid of ursef.
Buh IGLE25 post calmed the nerve.

Sincerely, trying that will be a first class ticket to hell nd a VIP seat in Hell..

Maybe u did not have someone to educate u on hell, well I was, else I would not have gotten to ur age b4 I did mine.
I have attempted doing same at different time but at the last minute pix of hell flashes to my sub conscious..

Yes!! I know u re being depressed of this but sincerely u still have a long brighter way ahead of u.. It's jst patience!!..

Not to bore u wiv mine story, I was opportune to make my 1st millions in my early twenties nd invested in properties, had cash to throw around but all of a sudden I will drive into a gas station only to buy fuel of 500 naira, sold off the car, shares.

In order to run away frm the shadows pursuing me, I left the shores believing God for miracle but my experience brings tears each time I remember it, had to ask my stock broker to sell off what was left to enable pay for my over-stay nd flight ticket back to 9ja..

Told myself I will embrace Atheist because I felt my God has punished me beyond how I have always thought he loved me..

Let me not bore u wiv my story, but jst have it behind u that as long as there is tomorrow, ur future is bright..

Shalom..

4 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Mcbussy(m): 7:00am On Sep 22, 2015
Wisdoms00:

Dude, from what I see, u seem to be competent, at least academically and that means u've got what it takes. All that is left is for you to have the right attitude towards success. You have to keep going, never say die, no retreat no surrender. Get to d top or die trying.... Ofcourse not by taking ur life or going against d law.

Even graduates feel the way u are feeling right now cos at some point in every citizen's life, this country seems like a dream killer, but there's one thing you should know; tough times don't last, tough people do. Just keep moving, aquire all the possible skills u can in the process, I'm sure admission will come along the way if u keep trying. In d end, even after getting a degree, you might just start raking money through the use of a special skill.

Ur kinda funny though... You feel it would break her heart if she hears about ur latest failure to gain admission and u can't stand that. But u feel you should take the easy way out by ending ur life, and she'll be just fine with that right?... Lolz, don't be silly. Suicide is just a selfish, weak and cowardly thing to do. Life has always been a struggle, remember you beat a few hundreds of million sperm cells to fertilise a single egg...grab life by d balls. wink

4 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Decentmums: 7:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Waow.

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by MyschoolNG(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2015
Wisdoms00:
dear sir,
Been dealing with admission process for years and I know how you feel. What you fail to understand is your purpose in life is not SCHOOL! Yes what matters most is your relationship with God. School/education is vanity. So killing yourself over vanity is foolishness,am not saying education is not important. On your part read your books,take the extra mile. If it doesn't work for you look for what you good at and capitalise on it.
Peace
#my school team

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by NOBODYY: 7:32am On Sep 22, 2015
IGLE25:
Brother suicide is not your next option, I have been in a scenario that is worst than yours before... Maybe I should share lil of it with you...

For real can i go through half of wah you went through??
Damn! Man u deserve an Award for persistence

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by khassy(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Wisdoms00:

am tired of reading this same poo everyday

nigga just donate yourself to one ritualist to use instead of dem killing people that ain't ready to die

mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww

next undecidedundecidedundecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by ignis: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Bro, all hope is not lost

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2015
kill urself bro, u wont be missed. the same school u wan kill urself for, many have graduated with first class and 2.1 and are still jobless, weak thing, rip in advance tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Sveen: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2015
OP, I know how and what you're feeling right now. But don't ever nurture a suicidal thought. Think about your mother and her happiness, which is no other than you.

Do not snatch happiness away from your mother, it is only people that will become great later in life that come across many difficulties; and getting through those time of despair is what makes us great in life.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by maspero22(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2015
please how can i ever come to Canada? that's my dream country. i am already a graduate but have tried to secure a job to no avail and age isn't on my side anymore. i have invested 50, 000 into the Canada Express Entry immigration program but i haven't heard anything from them again. Please how can i come there? is there any way u can help? thanks and kind regards.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by obynaDmob(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2015
khassy:

am tired of reading this same poo everyday

nigga just donate yourself to one ritualist to use instead of dem killing people that ain't ready to die

mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww

next undecidedundecidedundecided

The end of a persons life is a very serious thing.. U cud just be d reason he slits his throat coz of dumb and stupid comments such as yours

4 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2015
#Commit not suicide bro;life na turn by turn..Everything has a reason,patrick obahiagbon(The vocabulary dispenser) did waec many tyms also cuz of his english always ben withheld.soyinka d jamb tym to tym..#If u die;trust me 5 seconds in hell will mk u wanna come bak..

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Clearsure(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2015
This is the moment you have to prove to yourself that you are beyond defeat,dont giveup to another trial,all great men always experience huge setback. Heat your rocket one more time ,lace you belt very tight in all ramification,try to put smile cheesy cheesy on your mum's face,she needs your presence more than Ever,,let her see the quality of ur late dad in you [life is a war]try to will it

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Haywhymido(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2015
When i see people going thru hardship, i laugh, do u knw why? Because, success doesnt come with ease.The road to success is rough. We all go thru it, just dat the hardship lvl,varies with all.Don't stop, keep moving

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by freecocoa(f): 9:27am On Sep 22, 2015
OP don't commit suicide, think about the mother you so desperately want to help, how does killing yourself help her? It will only cause more pain than she may probably be able to bear, is that what you really want for a woman who has sacrificed a lot to get you where you are?

My precious friend, we have all(at some point) had our own share of troubles, life might be easier for some people in our eyes but you never really can tell, as they maybe going through one pain or the other that money can't take care of, I have a friend who wrote jamb for 6 years, now he works with one of the leading oil companies in the nation and is living large, OP it's just a matter of time and your relentless efforts, you sound intelligent so please don't let your potentials go to waste, many of us didn't get admission on our first or even 3rd attempt so all hope is not lost, you just have to see that these trials and errors are a pavement to your success story, continue reading your book and trying darling, you can also get a small job on the side to keep body and soul together.

See, life is not a competition, you are running your own race so please don't compare yourself with the next man, you are an asset, a gem and you need to start seeing yourself as one, get up, go outside, share some jokes with friends, see a very funny comedy(I recommend 'Blended') just develop a new outlook on life and you'll be alright, sweety for a fact, no one has it all.

You are loved, don't give up.

5 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by chuckdee4(m): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2015
If you take your life how do u think it would affect your mum?
Everyone has setbacks in life, if we all took the easy way out there would be no one left on earth. How you bounce back from a set back determines the sort of man you are, do u want to be remembered as the man who took his life over some everyday problem or the man that fought through hard times and made something of his life?

I understand things don't seem good right now but hang in there, no condition is permanent, if it helps our whole school failed waec back in the 90s, so they told us, we all moved on and from that set we have medical doctors, IT consultants, oil company workers and loads more.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel, hang in there and be strong

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by brodalikeme(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2015
What else.can I add.... Bros be strong,horrible things have happened to people. This is just a phase in your life that will surely come to pass. If you read the biographies of great men, you will marvel at what they passed through. Look at Buhari for instant, how many times did he run for office? How much did Adenuga loss trying to buy licences? He even went into exile.
Everyone has a story of their travail's. If you quit now, you become a failure, but if you hang on and prevail you will be a success. REMEMBER GOD GIVES HIS FIERCEST BATTLE TO HIS STRONGEST SOLDIERS!!! 'Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness' Ps 112:4

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by kennyjodeci(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2015
If your dad is dead it's not the end of this world but may his soul rest in peace....my dad and mum they are all dead including my grandmother and that of the father....you see, you re even better than me,
See, I can understand how you feel bro, you really want to go to school but Jamb is messing you up, I suffered the same thing buh I had to go into business cuz I had this belief that time adirozi (no time), but thank God for my life today, I'm into Japanese car spare parts in Mozambique.
Listen, everybody has his/her own story to tell in life, you will tell your own story one day bro, life is too sweet to commit suicide, please that's not an option, reconsider bro
Go and learn a trade and continue pursuing your school stuff, you wil. Succeed

1 Like

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Spicylate(f): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2015
Truth be told, life sometimes isn't fair, easy. God no dey sleep. Sometimes, we work hard and still don't get any reward but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive harder na. What am saying is that, your future is bright, you are bound to achieve success.
"If you fall pick yourself up off the floor (get up)
And when your bones can't take no more (c'mon)
Just remember what you're here for
Cuz I know Imma damn sure

Give em hell, turn their heads
Gonna live life 'til we're dead.
Give me scars, give me pain
Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me
There goes the fighter, there goes the fighter
Here comes the fighter
That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me,
This one's a fighter"
We need you and We love you. Live well.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last by Folksyharry(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2015
You must firstly think how much emotional damage you death will cause your family (your mum especially). Also suicide is a sin. Read about stories of people that have gone through difficult situations and the joy they they are experiencing now because they chose to fight instead of giving up. Don't let your worries deprive you of the joy of being with your family. Like someone suggested before, help your mum out in her business, if there is any business you can do to support yourself and family then do it too. Study harder for the next exam, pray more (read Phil 4:5-6) and hope for the best. I pray God will give the courage to go throughout this hurdle. Please reject that thought of suicide anytime it crops into your mind

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government / Chopbarh Game App Full Review - Is It Scam Or Legit? / Dealing With Cultism in our Educational System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.