Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,062 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich (503 Views)

Mohammed Shuaibu Slumps And Dies At NASS Complex / The Poor Vs The Rich In Nigerian Prisons: See The Difference (Photos) / Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich by okayode1(m): 3:53am On Sep 22, 2015
I have witnessed and read lots of reports about cases against one political leader or the other, who were found guilty for same offence my boss at work comitted, and lost his job,
same offence my school SUG president did , and got suspended for years,
same offence that neighbor of yours tried and ended up 21 years in jail angry embarassed...
we fight them the moment we here the word [/b]corruption [b]
yet,we bend the rules we agreed on, in their favour when the they happen to be our choice.
Is it not time we insist on everyone being treated equally according to the law?
Now my question is
Should we say it is our law that has lapses Or it is the judiciary that deviate from the laws?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich by Truckpusher(m): 4:05am On Sep 22, 2015
Just in case. grin
Re: Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich by rusher14: 4:24am On Sep 22, 2015
I've found many Nigerians to be very insincere.

Quite frankly, it's sickening and certainly a shame to be associated with such vermins by way of citizenship.

A man would commit a crime and rather than address the issue we get people asking why he is being singled out for the crime.

For an analogy, is it every armed robber that is caught?

Should this then imply that so long as you haven't rounded up all of them you can not arraign the one that has been caught?

For avoidance of doubt, give it a minute or two to see how this thread would turnout.
Re: Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich by StOla: 4:40am On Sep 22, 2015
The same insane people screaming witch-hunt would readily go get the tire and petrol for a street crime they did not even witness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Laws: Simple For The Low Class But Complex Interpretations For The Rich by Babe2sure(f): 6:10am On Sep 22, 2015
This is a very fundamental question, going by what is playing out in the country. It is one problem that is so systemic now.
""The rule of law" is a doctrine that is only clamoured for but barely enforced, there is travesty of justice everywhere! Our justice system is a joke!
I
It is in our DNA as human to show preference. That is why the system targets some people while letting others escape.
It is an uneven and unjust system, so are the system we design.
We can start by righting this wrong, because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

About our law having lapses? I am not sure, but I think there should be ammendment from time to time.

The judiciary deviates from the law of course. Most, not all. People do not have confidence in the judiciary any longer. They stopped being the bulwark of the poor and helpless. All this have violated the basic right to equality before the law.

Independence of the judiciary is very crucial, so that there is public confidence that judicial decisions are made without bias.

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Case Of Silva Vs Corruption Case Of Saraki. / Why is the APC treating PDP decampee like common criminals ? / EID: Tinubu,fashola And Oba Of Lagos Spotted At The Eid Prayer Ground.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.