Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

Meet Current World's Most Hated Man - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Current World's Most Hated Man (1580 Views)

Meet Current Face Of Nollywood Nigeria 2018 Ella Agu / Temi Otedola: I Once Hated My Shoulders, The Way Y'all Hate My Knuckles / Karen Igho : 'I was once the most hated person on the planet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by RoyalBlak007: 7:25am On Sep 22, 2015
Martin Shkreli, 32, founder and chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals who was a former hedge fund manager, purchased the rights to Daraprim - a drug which is used to treat life-threatening parasitic infections - in August for $55million. Shortly thereafter, the price of the drug, which costs roughly $1 to produce, was increased to $750 per tablet. The drug cost only $13.50 per tablet and you needed only 100 tablets to treat yourself and be well.

Shkreli told Bloomberg that he hiked up the price of the pill because Turing Pharmaceuticals 'needed to turn a profit on the drug', needed to upgrade , had manufacturing, distribution, FDA and had to pay its workers well to make sure that the drugs were made to specification. Which people thought was bogus because the previous company met all the requirements he mentioned and were still able to sell it for $13.50 per tablet.'This isn't the greedy drug company trying to gouge patients, it is us trying to stay in business,' Shkreli said.
He added that many patients use the drug for less than a year and that the price is on par with drugs similar that are used to treat rare diseases.

Since the announcement, people across social media have criticized the price increase, including US Presidential aspirant, Hilary Clinton, but Shkreli has backed the decision. He had an OK Cupid account which he has since deleted.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/09/meet-current-worlds-most-hated-man.html#more

Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by ModiKen(m): 7:27am On Sep 22, 2015
OP change the title to "U.S most hated man", I'm guessing most people outside the U.S don't know him or the drug he is selling.
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by mekzyjoe(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2015
sad
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by mekzyjoe(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2015
sad sad
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by MISSNORA(f): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Wat about Chris?
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by RoyalBlak007: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2015
MISSNORA:
Wat about Chris?
Chris?
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by busterr(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2015
everybody hates Chris!

1 Like

Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by Babe2sure(f): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2015
That is the implication of monopoly power.
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by ChiSun27(m): 7:37am On Sep 22, 2015
Meeeehhhnnnnn.....that's wickedness. Did he employ extra hands or what? Or he just want to recoup the money he invested over night?

White peeps are more heartless than blacks.

Imagine 5000 percent increment... sad
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by MISSNORA(f): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2015
RoyalBlak007:

Chris?
lol just kidding..... Everybody hates Chris
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by Sapphie(f): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2015
Lol wats our business with ds one? Who e don help
I evn thought it was Saraki again coz dts d name on everyone's lips... Abeg jare
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by RoyalBlak007: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2015
MISSNORA:
lol just kidding..... Everybody hates Chris
grin grin grin you almost got me there
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by RoyalBlak007: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2015
Sapphie:
Lol wats our business with ds one? Who e don help

I evn thought it was Saraki again coz dts d name on everyone's lips... Abeg jare
Arrrgh? shocked undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by florence15(f): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2015
$750,
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by khassy(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2015
never heard of him so how can I hate him undecidedundecided
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by OKorowanta: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2015
Somebody broke the world most cursed president record during the subsidy brouhaha.
I don forget..
Wetin be him name sef?
Re: Meet Current World's Most Hated Man by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2015
Wicked world

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice: How Can I Force My Wife To Delete Her Toaster's Number??(comment) / Basketmouth’s Wife, Elsie Is Smoking Hot In Bikini. (photos) / Young Student In Her Uniform Wants You To See Something (sexy N Aked Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.