Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners (2229 Views)

Whatsapp Group For C++ Beginners / Official Thread For Experts And Begineers In Python (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by engrrichie92(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2015
I'm a beginner too and felt it's necessary to have a thread where beginners drop questions and expert come to Our aid
and to the experts ..please do well not to ignore our questions sir..thanks

my first question's is it advisable to start learning c# on console when in actual sense you have desktop apps and mobile apps in mind...presently started with a book,"fundamentals of programming by some Bulgarian author over 1000 pages and it all centres on console... am I starting rightly sirs?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by xtremrules(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2015
engrrichie92:
my first question's is it advisable to start learning c# on console when in actual sense you have desktop apps and mobile apps in mind...presently started with a book,"fundamentals of programming by some Bulgarian author over 1000 pages and it all centres on console... am I starting rightly sirs?
More often than not, Console app are usually used to Learn new concepts that you can easily implement in any project type.
I will suggest it if you're planning on enhancing your knowledge in C#
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by PheemySamuel(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Well has developer, most of the time i think in consoles. Jumping straight into webforms(drag and drop) will never help you. Infact you will get frustrated at when you have bigger problems to solve. I advice you to take your time and learn the c# using consoles and also make sure you learn the basis. Goodluck
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by luksybee(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
The idea of learning via console is to *kiss, in my own view it doesn't make much *difference at least if you are learning from an experienced programmer

Keep it straight and simple
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by mexzony: 12:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Wow congratulations you are on the right part.
I am learning c# too and I must say I am enjoying myself.
Visual programming can be so distracting and just because you can drag and write a few code does not mean you can program.
I have the Bulgarian c# book and its awesome.
I have not started it yet as I am currently reading illustrated c# 2012 4th edition by Daniel solis.
Its direct and concise and teaches you the semantics of the c# language.it teaches on how the language works.
And yes console programming is the best so that you focus on learning concepts very very well.
I have head first c# but I decided to postpone it because of the too many visual programming which could make me so ecxcited that I don't learn very well.its a very very good book o but it's console all the way for me.
I can't wait to start the bulgarian c# book.
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by engrrichie92(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2015
@my ogas,thanks for the reply...I guess I'll intensify and continue my study on console c# then
PS: presently on chapter 4/ 23 of the Bulgaria c# book
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by mexzony: 9:12am On Sep 25, 2015
engrrichie92:
@my ogas,thanks for the reply...I guess I'll intensify and continue my study on console c# then
Hope you are working through the book methodically and not just reading.
Make sure you are very comfortable with each chapter before moving on.
Goodluck
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by engrrichie92(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2015
mexzony:

Hope you are working through the book methodically and not just reading.
Make sure you are very comfortable with each chapter before moving on.
Goodluck

I'm trying sir...try to get a very good grasp of each concept before moving on...a very good way to check's solving the exercises before moving on to the next chapter...are you just learning c# too?
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by mexzony: 10:24am On Sep 25, 2015
engrrichie92:

I'm trying sir...try to get a very good grasp of each concept before moving on...a very good way to check's solving the exercises before moving on to the next chapter...are you just learning c# too?
Yes I am.
Read my post above.
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by engrrichie92(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2015
"write a program that prints on the console isosceles triangle which side consist of the copyright character"?

is there a particular library/or class to print shape on the console?
#confused...help sirs
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by mattiu(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2016
engrrichie92:
Pls dis is my email mattolu014@gmail.com can u send me d book
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by mattiu(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Pls am new to C# can u help me with d books pls sir
Re: Official Thread For C# Experts And Beginners by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Any visual c uwp programmer here

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Android Apps From Scratch / Thunder Strike The CEO Of Sun Microsystems If JavaFX Fails! / Java Programming On Backtrack 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.