Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why I Left Deeper Life Church – Tunde Bakare - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Left Deeper Life Church – Tunde Bakare (507 Views)

Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records / Wini Lazarus: I'm A Virgin, I Don’t Need To Dress As Deeper Life To Be Believed / Tonto Dikeh: "I Left My Husband, He Has Not Called To Check Up On Our Son" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Left Deeper Life Church – Tunde Bakare by TopCelebritiesM: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2015
Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly has finally explained why he suddenly abandoned Deeper Life after being there for 5 years, to start his own church.
The clergy, who turned 60 on the 11th of November has always avoided answering questions on his exit from the church, but in a chat with the media recently, he opened up.
According to him, he was with the Deeper Life church between 1978 and 1983, however he had to quit when a television set was referred to as devil’s box.
“One day, while I was ministering and a brother was interpreting, I was giving example of the “faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God” and I said, ‘Supposing you go to a supermarket to buy soap, you might not know what soap to buy but because you watched the advertisement of Joy soap on television, then you would look for Joy soap because you have been hearing about it.’ And my interpreter said: “If you have been watching the devil’s box…” See shocking revelation http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/why-i-left-deeper-life-church-tunde-bakare/
Re: Why I Left Deeper Life Church – Tunde Bakare by glimpse(f): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2015
I laugh in Japanese.....devil's box indeed. I guess their orientation has since changed.

(1) (Reply)

Rob Kardashian And Chris Brown's Ex Karrueche Spark Dating Rumours / JEEZ!!! See What A Mum Finds In A Pack Of Daisy Fairies She Bought / Monica Ogah & Jesse Jagz In Sizzling Romance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.