Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Comes Out With Syrian Refugee Before Real Madrid Match(photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cristiano Ronaldo Comes Out With Syrian Refugee Before Real Madrid Match(photos) (973 Views)

"Yes I Am Gay, I Will Go To Hellfire" - Bobrisky Comes Out Of The Closet / Peter Okoye,AY And Osita Iheme In Instabul,Turkey For Eto's Charity Match(photos / Nollywood Actresses And Their Bums At Ghana Football Match (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Comes Out With Syrian Refugee Before Real Madrid Match(photos) by damiloladuke: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2015
Cristiano Ronaldo walked onto the pitch for Real Madrid's league game against Granada with the son of the Syrian refugee tripped by a Hungarian journalist.

Osama Alabed Al-Mohsen and his 7-year-old son Zied became international symbols of the refugee crisis when Hungarian camera operator Petra Laszlo was filmed knocking them over as they tried to escape a holding camp, sending them tumbling to the ground.

Laszlo was subsequently dismissed from her role at Hungarian television station N1TV and the father and son's story made headlines across the world.

The media attention prompted Real to invite the pair to the Santiago Bernabeu for a tour of the club's trophy room.

On Saturday, they were guests of honour for the visit of Granada and Zied accompanied Ronaldo before the kick-off, receiving rapturous applause from the Bernabeu crowd in the process.

The father Osama worked as a football coach in Syria and will now continue his career with CENAFE, a national coaching school based in Getafe. CENAFE will pay for Al-Mohsen and his two sons to live in Spain, while also helping them to apply for asylum.

"It's a dream come true," said Mr A-Mohsen on Thursday. "I love Real Madrid, they're my favourite team and my whole family's too.

"I'm very grateful for the welcome given to us by the president. In Syria we dreamt of seeing a Real Madrid match, and now that's going to come true. I'm really happy."

Earlier this month, Real donated €1m to help refugees arriving in Spain, and are one of many top European football clubs to lend their support to the thousands currently fleeing war-torn countries.

AS A NIGERIAN, I PRAY THAT GOD(ALLAH) WILL TURN YOUR TRAGEDY INTO MASSIVE FAME

www.sobolation.com

(1) (Reply)

Is He The Most Influential Nairalander? (pictured) / Nollywood Actress And Lover Take Relationship To New Level / Photos: Singer Harrysong Spotted Hawking Gala On The Street Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.