Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech (3991 Views)

See Proof That Bukola Saraki Was Present At The APC Caucus Meeting. Photos / Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper / Bukola Saraki Was Petty Thief As Of 1990 - Sahara Reporters(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by mundus(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
So I am making use of my friends Account to post this as my nairaland account (naijaedutech) was banned for allegedly posting 'wrong' information.

I made a post on this forum about an hour ago that Bukola Saraki has been 'IMPEACHED' and I was banned.

So I want to ask the moderator that banned me to point out what is false about the information I posted.

According to the Oxford Dictionary the word Impeach means "To charge (the holder of a public office) with misconduct."

The Marriam Webster dictionary defines it as : to charge (a public official) with a crime done while in office OR to cause doubts about the truthfulness of (a witness, testimony, etc.)

Is it my FAULT that some Nigerians do not know what that word means?

This is how Farooq Kperogi explained it in his Daily trusr article http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics-of-grammar/20217-common-election-related-grammatical-errors-nigerian-journalists-and-politicians-make

Impeach. Nigerians understand the word “impeach” to mean “remove from office.” But that is not what it means. To impeach a government official is to formally charge them with a wrongdoing. After impeachment, they will be tried and either acquitted (if they are not found guilty) or removed from office (if they are found guilty).
So, in 2006, Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose wasn’t just impeached; he was impeached AND removed. Ten years earlier in America, Bill Clinton was impeached BUT acquitted. Removal from office is not the only outcome of impeachment, as the Clinton example showed.

So what wrong did I do to merit a ban?

lalastica , afam4eva , seun, OAM4J

-----Naijaedutech

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by menix(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
mundus:
So I am making use of my friends Account to post this as my nairaland account (naijaedutech) was banned for allegedly posting 'wrong' information.

I made a post on this forum about an hour ago that Bukola Saraki has been 'IMPEACHED' and I was banned.

So I want to ask the moderator that banned me to point out what is false about the information I posted.

According to the Oxford Dictionary the word Impeach means "To charge (the holder of a public office) with misconduct."

The Marriam Webster dictionary defines it as : to charge (a public official) with a crime done while in office OR to cause doubts about the truthfulness of (a witness, testimony, etc.)

Is it my FAULT that some Nigerians do not know what that word means?

This is how Farooq Kperogi explained it in his Daily trusr article http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics-of-grammar/20217-common-election-related-grammatical-errors-nigerian-journalists-and-politicians-make

So what wrong did I do to merit a ban?

lalastica , afam4eva , seun, OAM4J

-----Naijaedutech

Chaii...
This one mean say plenty mumu full 9ja like mii..

U jst enlightened us..

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by stepo707: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
saraki madness everywhere.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by donholy28(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
He has pleaded not guilty...oya mods unban am

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by MrPeterson(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Go to the court of Appeal to recieve a fare trial lol
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by bigass(f): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
He is right

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by dunkem21(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
lalasticlala, I think the OP should be unbanned.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by omoarowolo12345: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraka Causing troubles everywhere
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
This your pal's account will soon be banned. Alarmist!

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by boujaye: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
bigass:
He is right
right but misused
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by odutolasodiq(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
I feel ur pain@ naijaedutech, and I think its high time seun see to the kind of people he chose to be moderators or modify the criteria being used to select moderators! u banned someone because he make use of a grammer u dont understand? oya unban am now wey he don educate una!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by menix(m): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Alaye Mundus, have dey unbanned you, cous am about impeaching the Mods who banned u..

Sure the plural of Impeach is Impeaches..

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Seun(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
The OP is wrong.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by kkkp: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Seun:
The OP is wrong.
how

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Seun(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
kkkp:
how
compare the definition in bigass' post (which she doesnt seem to understand) with the op's definition.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Sveen: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki's current predicament is not impeachment, however, he might eventually be impeached if found guilty of his current allegations.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by change49ja: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
odutolasodiq:
I feel ur pain@ naijaedutech, and I think its high time seun see to the kind of people he chose to be moderators or modify the criteria being used to select moderators! u banned someone because he make use of a grammer u dont understand? oya unban am now wey he don educate una!!!

grin grin grin for free
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by change49ja: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sveen:
Saraki's current predicament is not impeachment, however, he might eventually be impeached if found guilty of his current allegations.

True
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Crocz(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stop consulting fuucked up dictionaries biko!

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by bigass(f): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
Seun:
compare the definition in bigass' post (which she doesnt seem to understand) with the op's definition.

I understand my post very well but look at definition 3 in that picture or this.

The only reason why OP is wrong is impeachment starts from the parliament not court

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by brize(m): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
Oya na, make we dey see una definitions....... Who else!
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Yeahreen(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
Every body Jst wants to create meaningless topics.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Omotayor123(f): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
Moderators... Oya swallow your pride and unban the guy. We all make mistakes sometimes and we need other people to correct us!

Cc. Seun.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by omitooguns(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin i dey laff in Yoruba ooo cheesy

Op u r correct bt we Nigerians are more correct..

...going by bigass 's definition of d word, u r nt correct according to no. 1 meaning..."Hinder"...

.so, Impeached from office could then be re-written as Hindered from Office...which makes Mr Seun correct....

I didnt study English....bt i was taught wen d dictionary gives a list of meaning, the first meaning is d most appropriate...wink
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by omitooguns(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2015

...going by bigass 's definition of d word, u r nt correct according to no. 1 meaning..."Hinder"...

.so, Impeached from office could then be re-written as Hindered from Office...which makes Mr Seun correct....

I didnt study English....bt i was taught wen d dictionary gives a list of meaning, the first meaning is d most appropriate...wink

mr seun pls unban am...he has pleaded guilty wink
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by dialfa: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Seun please promote the op to mod. He get sense pass these your button pushers.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by dridowu: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Learning is forever, i think i learn something today.
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by dialfa: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
omitooguns:

mr seun pls unban am...he has pleaded guilty wink

He was hindered but not removed. Illiterates everywhere. grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by dialfa: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Seun:

You are on your own on this. Abeg swallow your oga-on-top pride and unban the guy. He just enlightened most of your forum members today.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
GST 101 USE OF ENGLISH
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by omitooguns(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
dialfa:

He was hindered but not removed. Illiterates everywhere. grin

grin grin....i laff...which is more close to removed from office "Hinder" or "Charged with ..."

wen "charge with..." he may still execute his duty....bt wen "Hindered" he surely cant do anytin in office wink

do let argue it....that word "hinder" is broad....

Like i said, i no study English 4 Sch...u wan build house ? Call me wink
Re: Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech by Jesusloveyou: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
dunkem21:
lalasticlala, I think the OP should be unbanned.
d mod and seun never hear English reach there

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad News For Ipob Hopefuls / Don’t Blame BUHARI, Jonathan Crumbles Nigeria’s Economy-ngozi Okonjo Iweala *say / Breaking: Buhari’s Deteriorating Health Challenges, Suffering From Acute Amnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.