Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine (1425 Views)

2016 Corruption Index: Nigeria Ranked 136 Out Of 168 / Lagos Amongst Worst Cities To Live In Globally, Ranked 136 Out Of 140 / Fulani Funmakers Escape Lynching In Enugu After Their Monkey Swallows N200,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by jona2: 3:28am On Apr 15, 2009
Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine
April 14, 2009 14:49, 432 views

By Simon Ateba

In what could be described as unprecedented in the history of drug trafficking in the country, officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have arrested Mr. Uko John Ifeanyi, a 46-year-old father of three children, with 3.349 kilogrammes of cocaine concealed in his stomach.

[b]PM.NEWS learnt that this represents the highest quantity of cocaine an individual had ever swallowed at a time since NDLEA was set up in June, 1989. The suspect would have made about N57 million in Europe had he escaped. The street value of a kilogramme of cocaine in Europe is about N17 million. A statement by Mr. Ofoyeju Mitchell, NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, described the suspect as an auto spare parts dealer at the Idumota market in Lagos state.

He had ingested a whopping 136 wraps of substance that tested positive to cocaine, weighing 3.349 kilogrammes. Ifeanyi, who hails from Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra state, was arrested on 9 April, 2009, during the screening of passengers on a KLM flight. His final destination was Aachen in Germany. He resides in Ajao Estate, Lagos, with his family

Ifeanyi confessed that he was desperate to make quick money and revive his ailing business. Speaking on how he ingested such a large quantity of cocaine, he said: “I am a heavy feeder that was how I could ingest 136 wraps of the drug.  Besides, I was desperate because I was told that the higher the quantity I swallowed, the bigger the money they would pay me.

“I swallowed the drugs in a hotel at Isolo, Lagos, for a fee of 4,500 Euros. I lost my father. My mother is suffering from stroke. I am married and I have three children and nobody is willing to help. “My wife was surprised when I told her that I was travelling. She asked me how I got money to travel but I told her I will tell her when I return. I never thought of arrest because I was desperate.”

Apart from Ifeanyi, the agency also arrested eight other suspects with various quantities of cocaine. The names of other suspects given by the NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Victor Cole-Showers, are: Agu Stanisnus Arinze, 35; Anwuluora Godwin, 44; Okeke Obinna Vincent, 28; Uzoaru Oliver, 35; Medukam Michael, 33; Igwenagu Jude Emeka, 38; Uzowuihe Michael Chukwumaeze, 42 and Chukwujama Kingsley Somto, 32.

Cole-Show[/b]ers also promised that  NDLEA will continue to secure the airports from drug traffickers. Agu Stanisnus Arinze was arrested on 8 April, 2009, during screening of KLM passengers on his way to Dusseldorf. In the course of his interrogation, he gave reasons for his involvement in the criminal act. “I am from a very poor home, my parents are dead. I live with a friend, things are difficult and I am asthmatic. Life became unbearable for me when, after travelling to Europe in search of greener pastures, I was deported in November, 2006. The clothes I am wearing now are  my friend’s own. So, I agreed to smuggle the drugs. I ingested 88 wraps of cocaine and they promised to pay me 3,000 Euros.”

He hails from Agwata Local Government Area of Anambra state. Anwuluora Godwin Uchenna, a factory worker in Spain, was arrested on 7 April,  2009, on his way back to Spain. He ingested 75 wraps of cocaine in Onitsha and took a bus to Lagos. “The economic recession has led to loss of jobs. I have been jobless for over a year. They promised to pay me 2,500 Euros,” he stated. Godwin hails from Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra state.

Okeke Obinna Vincent was arrested on 10 April, 2009. He agreed to ingest 56 wraps of cocaine for N300,000. Okeke was travelling on a business trip sponsored by his company, but agreed to carry cocaine with him. “I was tempted into doing drug by a man who has been pressurising me to take drugs each time I am going on a business trip. I had wanted to use the drug as double advantage but now I regret why I have to fall for his trick,” Okeke lamented.

[b]Uzoaru Oliver, an auto spare parts dealer residing at Ijesha Road, Surulere, Lagos, was arrested on 9 April, 2009. He ingested 60 wraps of the drugs, which he wanted to smuggle to Dusseldorf in Germany, for a fee of 2,000 Euros. “I have no more money for my business and things are very difficult for me. I am married and I have a child. My father died long ago and my mother is a peasant farmer in the village. I carry drugs because I needed to survive,” Uzoaru stated. He is from Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia state.

Medukam Michael, who works in Italy, was arrested on 10 April, 2009, during the screening of passengers on Alitalia. He tested positive to drug ingestion and confessed to have ingested 73 wraps of cocaine for a fee of 5,000 Euros. According to Medukam; “I came home because of my mother who is suffering from stroke and after paying her medical bills and other expenses, I needed money to buy my ticket and recover the spent money. So I decided to do it.”

He is from Njaba Local Government Area of Imo state and was to deliver the drug in Venice, Italy. Igwenagu Jude Emeka was caught on 9 April, 2009, at the central screening area of the airport while attempting to board an Alitalia flight to Rome. He has been living in Italy for over 10 years. Igwenagu swallowed 87 wraps of cocaine and was promised the sum of 5,000 Euros. “I lost my father two years ago and I spent all my savings on the burial rites. When I returned to Italy, I discovered that I had lost my job. To pay my bills was a problem until a friend introduced me to drugs. I was obliged to do it. But now I know that my situation is now from the frying pan to fire,” Igwenagu stated. He hails from Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra state.

Uzowuihe Michael Chukwumaeze, a driver in Italy, was nabbed on 9 April, 2009, during screening of passengers on Alitalia flight. The suspect ingested 81 wraps, which he would have been paid the sum of 3,000 Euros for. Commenting on why he had to smuggle narcotics, Uzowuihe said; “when you do not have enough, anything goes. I have huge debts on my neck but my major concern is my 18-month-old daughter, my wife and my aged mother. May God give them the courage to cope.”

He hails from Njaba Local Government Area of Imo state. Chukwujama Kingsley Somto, a motor spare parts dealer at Nnewi, was arrested on 1 April, 2009. He confessed to have swallowed the drugs in a hotel in Festac Town, Lagos. The suspect said he needed money to revamp his business. He was promised the sum of 3,000 Euros to deliver the drug in Hamburg. His passport and ticket numbers are: A00379275, 0744449570684. Chukwujama is from Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra state. In accordance with the NDLEA Act, the suspects could spend 15 years in prison custody if found guilty by the law courts. But in reality, they are likely to be given light sentences by Nigerian courts.[/b]

http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/14/drug-trafficker-breaks-record-swallows-136-wraps-of-cocaine
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by TOYOSI20(f): 3:51am On Apr 15, 2009
*jona:

Ifeanyi confessed that he was desperate to make quick money and revive his ailing business. Speaking on how he ingested such a large quantity of cocaine, he said: “I am a heavy feeder that was how I could ingest 136 wraps of the drug. Besides, I was desperate because I was told that the higher the quantity I swallowed, the bigger the money they would pay me.“I swallowed the drugs in a hotel at Isolo, Lagos, for a fee of 4,500 Euros.

Na wah oo. . . . .when it isn’t pounded yam!!! shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I guess what they forgot to mention as well was errrr. . . .how much more time u’ll be serving!!!
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by platinumnk(f): 3:55am On Apr 15, 2009
I have a question, how do they be finding out that these ppl swallowed the drugs? do they have dogs sniffing their asses?? undecided undecided
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by Ifygurl: 6:04am On Apr 15, 2009
platinumnk:

I have a question, how do they be finding out that these ppl swallowed the drugs? do they have dogs sniffing their asses?? undecided undecided

I think so, another nigerian did the same thing but it was a woman. A celebrity, none the less but mostly in Yoruba movies. Amazing, what people will do for money.
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by platinumnk(f): 6:07am On Apr 15, 2009
oh wow, must be really embarrasing shocked shocked shocked
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by MrCrackles(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2009
This drug traffickers no dey hear word!

For fuc.k sake, what will it take to sound out the message to thier thick skulls?! angry
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by Kx: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2009
Surprisingly they all hail from ibo land,mostly anambra,why??

What happened to investigative jornalism?
They simply wave them off saying "I swallowed it in a hotel in Isolo,
I ingested it in a hotel in Festac"
Are the hotels and hotel owners anonymous?
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2009
i always wonder whats gives them the guts dat they wont be caught. with the invention of screening machine dat can detect anything, even a pin in ur intestine.

shege dan iska kowoi tongue
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by MrCrackles(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2009
camelot:

i always wonder whats gives them the guts dat they wont be caught. with the invention of screening machine dat can detect anything, even a pin in ur intestine.

The rely to much on the jazz prepared for them by some evil lunatic residing in the jungle!

Buncha cockstains!!
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by Cactus(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2009
Is this a world record or Nigerian record?
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by jona2: 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2009
Cactus:

Is this a world record or Nigerian record?both.
Re: Drug Trafficker Breaks Record; Swallows 136 Wraps Of Cocaine by jamace(m): 12:19am On Apr 16, 2009
Kai, Nigeria has missed a gold medal in olympics games bitting my finger in regret. Sports ministry should push for cocaine wraps swallowing as a competition in future olympic games. At least, no country will be able to defeat Nigeria in this and the gold medal will be ours for keep.

(1) (Reply)

Former Anambra Governor, Onoh, Is Dead / One Family Is Oppressing The State’—oyin Saraki / Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.