Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President (2307 Views)

Ministers Without Portfolio Not New In Nigeria, Saraki Tells Buhari / "Keep Quite" Saraki Tells APC Senators / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by onlyme12: 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki who appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal today initially refused to sit in the dock despite requests to. When he eventually did,he said:

“I am a firm believer of the rule of law. I have come here to subject myself before this tribunal. I strongly believe that I am here because I am the Senate President”.
“I felt that the CCB should have called me. We have been hearing about new Nigeria but this is the first time this kind of thing is being done without following the due process. Nigerians are watching and the world is also watching. I will confirm myself to the due process. So as i stated, I want to say that I am not guilty”, Saraki stated.

http://www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/?p=8889

1 Share

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Aminat508(f): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin shocked grin

Moral lesson:

Don run when called to defend yourself, it creates a bad image, especially when you want us to think you are innocent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by laplace12(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
See levels grin

Their Jagaban will not like this..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by kokoA(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
That one na for your pocket. You lie or you no lie? That's all we want to find out. Simple!
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok Na papa due process
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sorry sir. Tinubu and his boys want to mess you up.
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Tolatutu: 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
Actually you are a mere Senate President

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by mjames: 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is the beginning
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Acjohn(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
Next time he will understand the rules of this country's politics. He should pray to whatever he believes not to end in prison.
You became a Senator in another Party, it is not enough, you want to Lord it over others that are there before you.
Na only you smart?
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by vinnex: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Am sure SP Saraki knows that he does not need to tell Nigerians who he is. Siting in the dock is a normal court processes, Nigerians will not sympathize with him unless he is cleared.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Omotayor123(f): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
Soro niyen undecided

You shouldn't have show up and see how you would have been bundled and dragged.

I love Nigerians grin our head too dey Dia. tongue
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by funlord(m): 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
angry
SHUT UP! Ole!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Aminat508(f): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Is that one of the charges against him?

You have 13 count charges you have not responsed to and you are quick to add the 14th.

Mr Saraki your Kwara brain will not help you here. Instead of responding to your charges you are talking about being senate president. Yes you are here because you are the senate president. Has anyone disputed that with you? If you want to lead the senate, you must be honourable.

You have 1 month to sort your defence out otherwise you next speech may be " I am here because I am a prisoner"

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by maestroferddi: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
How come people are not quick on the uptake?

Saraki was archly insinuating that he was being product before the tribunal because of his emergence as the Senate President and that he wouldn't have being arraigned if not for his status.

The man is a smart guy, it has to be said. No sign of buckling under pressure and intimidation.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by YouthsPC0: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
maestroferddi:
How come people are not quick on the uptake?

Saraki was archly insinuating that he was being product before the tribunal because of his emergence as the Senate President and that he wouldn't have being arraigned if not for his status.

The man is a smart guy, it has to be said. No sign of buckling under pressure and intimidation.

Smart guy

Your Brain de work wella.....

1 Like

Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by dalyricist: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
OK na

Promo on,
Etisalat 8gb for just 6500,
Etisalat 5gb 4500,

2 slots remaining

WhatsApp 07030407370
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Yeahreen(m): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki's opening remark was spot on. He's obviously a very intelligent fellow
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by obynocute(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stil watchn the seasonal movie on a 5D screen..
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by stone07(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
dalyricist:
OK na

Promo on,
Etisalat 8gb for just 6500,
Etisalat 5gb 4500,

2 slots remaining

WhatsApp 07030407370
You are a thief. Am using Etisalat unlimited and u come here to advertise nonsense.
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by dalyricist: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
stone07:
You are a thief. Am using Etisalat unlimited and u come here to advertise nonsense.

Now, who is the thief?

Must u show ur self on a large forum lik this?

Receive sense in Jesus name
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Metrofox(m): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
If you kill by the sword be ready to die by the sword..I'm sure he's ready to play the politics he started himself..moral lesson..the end doesn't always justify the means
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Does CCT look like senate chambers? Oga, you dey there because you are accused.
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by ArikeAriyo(f): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
CC: lalasticlala

Fp abeg
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
fulll of himself i think may be he is not guilty
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by cosycee(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
stone07:

Guy if u don't mind telling me how to go about it
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by stone07(m): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalyricist:

Now, who is the thief?

Must u show ur self on a large forum lik this?

Am not using my benefit to rob people like you.
Greedy thief.
Re: Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President by dalyricist: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
stone07:
Am not using my benefit to rob people like you.
Greedy thief.

cry

(1) (Reply)

Wow!!! APC Breaks Record First Female Governor / Niger Delta Avengers Attacks Another Oil Pipeline, Demand Sovereign State / Wike Leads Security Agents To Destroy Cultists Hideouts In Rivers State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.