Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! (7008 Views)

Why Ndigbo Should Stop Viewing Yoruba's As Cowards- Reno Omokri / Three Fulani Kidnappers Killed In Niger State / There Will Be Consequences If Falae Is Not Freed – Fani-kayode Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
Buhari is a known kidnapper.

[size=18pt]If Buhari could organize the kidnap of Umaru Dikko in a gangster-like manner, organise his own attempted suicide bomb attack in order to score cheap political goal. Then Buhari can order the Kidnap of Falae by his Fulani kinsmen.

Below is the story of how Buhari kidnapped Umaru Dikko .[/size]

How The Kidnap Of Umaru Dikko Was Foiled

Background

On 31 December, 1983, the elected government of Nigeria was overthrown in a military coup by the country's army led by Major General Muhammadu Buhari. The new military government jailed several government ministers for corruption and embezzlement while in office. However, the powerful former Transport Minister, Umaru Dikko, fled to London. The military claimed that Dikko used his position as Transport Minister to enrich himself in a series of racketeering scandals. It regarded Dikko as its most wanted fugitive from justice and wanted to bring him back to Nigeria to face trial.

The Kidnap

To bring this about, they hatched a plot to kidnap him off the streets of London. Nigerian intelligence services and undercover agents (with the help of several Israelis who were alleged to be members of Israel's intelligence agency, Mossad) tracked Dikko to a house in west London. After placing the house under surveillance, the agents decided to strike on 5 July, 1984.

Moments after Dikko emerged from the house, two men burst out from a van parked outside the house. They grabbed Dikko and bundled him into the back of the van. The team inside the van included a doctor who injected Dikko to render him unconscious

Israeli Anestestist

An Israeli alleged former Mossad agent, Alexander Barak, was recruited to lead the kidnap team. It included a Nigerian intelligence officer, Maj Mohammed Yusufu, and Israeli nationals, Felix Abitbol and Dr Lev-Arie Shapiro, who was to inject Mr Dikko with an anesthetic.

The kidnappers switched vehicles in a car park by London Zoo and headed towards Stansted airport where a Nigerian Airways plane was waiting. They injected Mr Dikko and laid him, unconscious, in a crate.

The Anestestist climbed into the crate as well, carrying medical equipment to make sure Mr Dikko didn’t die en route. Barak and Abitbol got into a second crate. Both boxes were then sealed.

At the cargo terminal of Stansted Airport, 40 miles (64km) north of London, a Nigerian diplomat was anxiously waiting for the crates to arrive. Also on duty that day was a young customs officer, Charles David Morrow.

Diplomatic bag

The day had gone fairly normally until about 3pm. Then we had the handling agents come through and say that there was a cargo due to go on a Nigerian Airways 707, but the people delivering it didn’t want it manifested,” Mr Morrow said.

“I went downstairs to see who they were and what was happening. I met a guy who turned out to be a Nigerian diplomat called Mr Edet. He showed me his passport and he said it was diplomatic cargo. Being ignorant of such matters, I asked him what it was, and he told me it was just documents and things.”

A missing persons bulletin alerted customs officials to the kidnapping.

No-one on duty at Stansted had dealt with a diplomatic bag before and Mr Morrow went to check the procedure.

Just then a colleague returned from the passenger terminal with some startling news. There was an All Ports Bulletin from Scotland Yard saying that a Nigerian had been kidnapped and it was suspected he would be smuggled out of the country.

The police had been alerted by Mr Dikko’s secretary who had witnessed his abduction from a window in the house.

Hearing the news, Mr Morrow realised he had a problem on his hands.

“I just put two and two together. The classic customs approach is not to look for the goods, you look for the space,” he said.

“So I am looking out of the window and I can see the space which is these two crates, clearly big enough to get a man inside. We’ve got a Nigerian Airways 707, which we don’t normally see. They don’t want the crates manifested, so there would be no record of them having gone through. And there was very little other cargo going on board the aircraft.

“If you want to hide a tree, you hide it in the forest. You don’t stick it out in the middle of Essex.”

By the book

But any cargo designated as a diplomatic bag is protected by the Vienna Convention from being opened by customs officers. So Mr Morrow got on the phone to the British Foreign Office.

“To qualify as a ‘diplomatic bag’ they clearly had to be marked with the words ‘Diplomatic Bag’ and they had to be accompanied by an accredited courier with the appropriate documentation. It was fair to say they had a Nigerian diplomat – I’d seen his passport – but they didn’t have the right paperwork and they weren’t marked ‘Diplomatic Bag’,” he said.

The decision was taken that the crates could be opened – but it would be done by the book. That required the presence of a Nigerian diplomat, but as Mr Morrow pointed out, one was already on hand. By now, the crates were up on special trolleys ready to be loaded on to the plane.

“Peter, the cargo manager, hit the lid on the bottom and lifted it. And as he lifted it, the Nigerian diplomat, who was standing next to me, took off like a startled rabbit across the tarmac, ”‎​​​​grin grin Mr Morrow said.

“You have to remember we are on an airfield which is square miles of nothing. He ran about five yards (4.5m), realised no-one was chasing him and then stopped.‎​​​​grin grin

“Peter looked into the crate and said: ‘There’s bodies inside!’

He parked a forklift truck so its tines lay across the top of the crate so it couldn’t be opened. Mr Morrow dialled the emergency number 999.

“My name’s Morrow, from Customs at Stansted. We’ve got some bodies in a crate. Do you think you can send someone over,” he recalls saying.

“They said: ‘Alive or Dead?’

“I said: ‘That’s a very good point. I don’t know.’

“They said: ‘We’ll send an ambulance as well.’”

After half an hour, police started to arrive, and they opened the second crate. Inside they found an unconscious Mr Dikko, and a very much awake Israeli anaesthetist. Mr Dikko was lying on his back in the corner of the crate.

“He had no shirt on, he had a heart monitor on him, and he had a tube in his throat to keep his airway open. No shoes and socks and handcuffs around his ankles. The Israeli anaesthetist was in there, clearly to keep him alive,” recalls Mr Morrow.

The kidnappers in the other crate were unrepentant. They said Mr Dikko was the biggest crook in the world.

Seventeen men were arrested;[6] four were convicted and sentenced to prison terms of 10 to 14 years: Shapiro, Barak, Abithol, and Yusufu. All four were released after serving between six and eight and a half years, and were quietly deported. In retaliation, two British engineers in Nigeria were arrested and given fourteen-year prison sentences.

Repercussions

The Nigerian and Israeli governments never admitted any connection to the incident. Nonetheless, the British government immediately expelled two members of the Nigerian High Commission in London, including the High Commissioner. Diplomatic relations with Nigeria were broken off for two years. The CEO of Nigeria Airways was at one point almost arrested by British police. In the aftermath of the affair, Nigeria filed a formal extradition request for Dikko, but it was refused. The Nigerian governments war against the previous government's corruption was also weakened, as the British governments also rejected Nigerian requests to extradite other politicians wanted in Nigeria on corruption charges and living in exile in Britain.

Dikko was eventually asked to return to Nigeria. He accepted the invitation and set up a political party.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dikko_Affair

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/how-the-kidnap-of-umaru-dikko-from-london-was-foiled/

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/mobile/151907/1/the-kidnap-of-umaru-dikko-1984.html

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
Here are other operation by Buhari against areas up North he perceived will not vote for him prior to the just concluded election. The intimidation and threats from Buhari are real. I fear for Nigeria and Nigerian.

16 Mar 2015 http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fulani-herdsmen-kill-80-in-attack-on-benue-community/204180/

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 80 in Attack on Benue Community

Herdsmen attack Kogi community, burn homes as residents flee
January 10, 2015 Ibanga Isine http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174621-herdsmen-attack-kogi-community-burn-homes-residents-flee.html

30 Killed, Houses Burnt As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Taraba Village
Posted by: niyi January 31, 2015 http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/30-killed-houses-burnt-as-fulani-herdsmen-attack-taraba-village.html

Fulani Herdsmen Killed 32 In Fresh Attack In Nasarawa http://www.osundefender.org/?tag=fulani-herdsmen-killed-32-in-fresh-attack-in-nasarawa
NOVEMBER 10, 2014

Fulani Herdsmen Sack 17 Plateau Villages http://leadership.ng/news/439013/fulani-herdsmen-sack-17-plateau-villages
Achor Abimaje
— Jun 7, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
I never see this level of cowardice before.

I pity any mugu that speaks for a people that never value them. Bunch of selfish cowards.

My yoruba people are truily a Bunch of fulani slaves, as Naija call dem.

26 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by hendrixxx(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] that's ur opinion though
Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by sammyj: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
OP is suffering from Aniasiacolosism and wailiasm of the brain grin grin grin. However, on a lighter note I pray God and the security agencies rescue him as soon as possible !!!

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
do something like what? start killing fulani? igbos rob people here at night, so we should start killing every igbo too? you must be a fool.

15 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by ARIZONA123(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
hendrixxx:
[color=#990000][/color] that's ur opinion though
. No! That's the opinion of nigerians. Yeribas are cowards! #yeribasstandup andfight#

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by hendrixxx(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by ARIZONA123(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
sammyj:
OP is suffering from Aniasiacolosism and wailiasm of the brain. However, i pray God and the security agencies rescue him as soon as possible !!! grin grin grin
. E-thug! Stand up and fight ur masters if the op is wrong. Bastard

18 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
Our elder statesman is taken by the Fulani and everybody remains silent waiting for his corpse to turn up.

The only one of our elder that spoke(FFK), little M.I tells him to shut up and dat is it, nobody is saying anything about the welfare of the old man.

It is well.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
It pains some people because Yorubas are much more smarter than them

When did Fulani herdsmen start kidnapping? How many people have Fulani's kidnapped in the Southwest in history

When did Fulani herdsmen start asking for 100M ransom. 100M naira not cows

We know those who kidnap for ransom in Nigeria and this is a PDP state

let Mimiko and his friends sort it out among themselves

Yorubas are far wiser than you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by hendrixxx(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
xtractor:
do something like what? start killing fulani?
igbos rob people here at night, so we should start killing every igbo too?
you must be a fool.
brilliant

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by initiate: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
its akiolu's fault really

all of them should be at the bottom of the lagoon by now

xtractor:
you must be a fool.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by hendrixxx(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
op why dont u do something about it urself

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by ARIZONA123(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
xtractor:
you must be a fool.
. What is this one saying! We are talking about yeriba king and leader kidnapped by d fulanis. Its a declaration of war against yeriba nation. Cowards!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
raumdeuter:

Smart or Fear? U fear man more than God.

It is a pity, that we can threaten a people with Lagoon over a choice of candidate but do nothing in the face of an invasion.(Fulani invasion)

How does the fulani go to Ondo, to take a man in his village, right under the nose of his kins men?

My people, my people, we are cowards just admit it.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by sdindan: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
xtractor:
you must be a fool.
Dude try it to kidnap any of the Igbo statemen
this an insult to you pple

12 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by bodeloja: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
sdindan:

Dude try it to kidnap any of the Igbo statemen
this an insult to you pple

A big slap on our tiger mark face. embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by PointB: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
hehhehehe, Op you no well oo. cheesy cheesy

I'm sure OPC will locate the kidnappers very soon. It's sad that Buhari's government have not even addressed this evolving situation. An elder statesmen is kidnapped by bunch of marauding vagabond herdsman, and the Duara dullard keeps mum. Is it complicity or cluelessness? Either way, it's quite sad!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
sammyj:
OP is suffering from Aniasiacolosism and wailiasm of the brain grin grin grin. However, on a lighter note I pray God and the security agencies rescue him as soon as possible !!!

Fool.

Falae is another mko Abiola in the making

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
raumdeuter:

When did Fulani herdsmen start kidnapping? How many people have Fulani's kidnapped in the Southwest in history

When did Fulani herdsmen start asking for 100M ransom. 100M naira not cows

We know those who kidnap for ransom in Nigeria and this is a PDP state

let Mimiko and his friends sort it out among themselves

Yorubas are far wiser than you

Start a twitter hash tag movement like that nonsense scam #BBOG

Foolish cowards who always forget their own problems to concentrate on others.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by knightsTempler: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
Just passing by... cheesy
Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by sammyj: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
......................................................................................................................... shocked shocked
PvtParts:

Fool.

Falae is another mko Abiola in the making

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by sammyj: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
....................................... shocked shocked.................................. shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ARIZONA123:
. E-thug! Stand up and fight ur masters if the op is wrong. Bastard

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by raumdeuter: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
PvtParts:
Start a twitter hash tag movement like that of on sense scam #BBOG
Foolish cowards who always their own problems to concentrate on others.

Has falae's family asked for your help? Has Ondo Governor asked for your help?
Kingsley kuku, frederisk fasehun Mimiko are all PDP and from Ondo state. Its their problem

BTW where are you from?

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
[size=48pt]#BringBackFalae
[/size]

General OPCNAIRALAND what are your rescue plans?

Are you going to send the Odua Special Forces to locate and rescue Falae?grin tongue

If nah Biafra now or Asari or tompolo nah so una go open that una gbegiri mouth dey yarn opata

Bloody cowards

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Niyeal(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
I doubt d report that fulani kidnapped Chief Falae, at Akure, it is either Yoruba or Igbo and just gave the phone a fulani who is in their captive or someone who can mimic fulani, i pray 4 fast release of yoruba national leader.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Stolen: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Master kidnap slave. lobatan

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has falae's family asked for your help? Has Ondo Governor asked for your help?
Kingsley kuku, frederisk fasehun Mimiko are all PDP and from Ondo state. Its their problem

BTW where are you from?

Did chibok community ask una to occupy lagos for them?

Coward

15 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Stolen: 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
Yoruba sucks to be a fulani slave.

12 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by raumdeuter: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
PvtParts:
Did chibok community ask una to occupy lagos for them?
Coward

Chibok mothers came out to seek the nations support. Let Falae and his PDP friends who lost pipeline contract and suddenly turned into Fulani herdsmen resolve themselves

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! by Eziachi: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
@op, and what would you have done?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Text Of Press Briefing By Maj. Gen. Leo Irabor / Joe Igbokwe Answers Nnamdi Kanu Call For A Debate with intellectuals On Biafra. / South African Police Officers Stage Protest Against Nigerians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.