Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) (1556 Views)

Dino Melaye To Aregbesola: "Pay Your Workers, Buhari Gave You Enough Money" / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries / Kashamu Donates 30 Trailers Of Rice To Osun Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2015
Osun State Governor is a good Muslim by all accounts. Sallah celebration is probably the most important religious event in the Muslim faith after Ramadan. Even Christians and animists also feel the sense of celebration and goodwill. Sallah greetings and gifts are freely exchanged.

Unfortunately, my heart goes out to the long suffering civil servants and teachers in Osun State who are being owed over 6 months of arrears in unpaid salaries. Bail out funds specifically released by Federal Govt have been received in Osun State, but warehoused in a commercial bank.

Governor Aregbesola has stubbornly refused to pay the poor and downtrodden workers. This is a man who lived and cut his political teeth in poor neighbourhood of Mushin, Lagos. He projects himself in outlook, mien, and dressing as being conversant with the feelings and agony of the poor. So why is Aregbesola so intent on inflicting pain and suffering on citizens of the State of Osun?

The education sector is practically comatose. This month lecturers in the state's tertiary institutions had to embark on a sit-down protest at State House of Assembly over 8 months of unpaid salaries. Not long after students in secondary schools took to the streets of Osogbo to protest the draconian and crude policy of "show your parent's tax clearance certificate" by Gov Aregbesola.

https://www.nairaland.com/2598927/osun-lecturers-protest-unpaid-salaries

As of November 2014, Gov Aregbesola illegally cut the meagre pension of retired workers by a whopping 50%. Many have died of hunger because they cannot feed on the paltry sum after the cut. If this is not wickedness, then I don't know what else is. All over the world, leaders protect the weak, the infirmed, and old people. In the State of Osun, those are the ones in the firing line.

http://www.punchng.com/news/salary-cut-ii-lead-to-chaos-workers-tell-aregbesola/
https://www.nairaland.com/2425186/osun-nlc-resist-alleged-plan#35454811

It looks like Muslims in Osun will celebrate this Sallah in empty stomach and gloom. And this punch in the stomach is being delivered by a sitting Muslim governor

The pertinent questions we should ask Governor Aregbesola are:

1. Has the Governor paid himself his own salary entitlements?
2. Will the Governor slaughter rams in his own house to celebrate this Sallah with his family?

cc: Ishilove

1 Like

Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by xpat1: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2015
I also hope he pays
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2015
Gov Aregbe knows how to take holiday trips to exotic tourist destinations to ride camels, but has refused to pay his civil servants

1 Like

Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by efilefun(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2015
But seriously this guy needs to be investigated, haba!!! How can he be getting his own salaries and other "side funds" while the citizens are being owed for months. The system needs to purge all this heartless politicians
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2015
Aregbese...The punisher of osun people grin
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2015
This man sha
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by naijaGhandi: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2015
Ogbeni rauf you're loosing the love or have lost the love the masses used to have for you. It will take you years to get it back if you continue this way. Be wise sir. It is well
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2015
It is not only Osun State government that is owing workers. Federal government has not paid the salary of her Nigerian Airforce's civilian workers for August 2015. Nigerian government should stop all these irresponsible attitudes.
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by juman(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2015
APC has shown to be another wicked party.

Workers' salaries!!!
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Omotolu:
It is not only Osun State government that is owing workers. Federal government has not paid the salary of her Nigerian Airforce's civilian workers for August 2015. Nigerian government should stop all these irresponsible attitudes.

This is how we encourage our leaders to keep deflecting and shifting responsibility.

More like a child who fails his exams woefully. On getting home, he justified his woeful performance on the fact that other students also failed.

His parents will be like: *I sent you school to go and pass, not to go and fail like others*

* Gbosaaaa with hot slap to the cheek *

Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by mrjangaweed: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
Aregbesola is a nincompoop - Fashola

Aminat508 shey you know say your gwavanor na nincompoop no be me talk am ooo na Fashola cheesy
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Only in Nigeria will a sitting governor of a STATE blame the federal government for not being able to pay its workers and still have gullible supporters
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by Aminat508(f): 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
mrjangaweed:

Aminat508 shey you know say your gwavanor na nincompoop no be me talk am ooo na Fashola cheesy
hahahhahahaha this is unfair ooooo embarassed...my governor grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
mrjangaweed:

Eeeewww. Did Fashola actually say that?
Any proof or link?
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by mrjangaweed: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
cuteboy2:

Eeeewww. Did Fashola actually say that?
Any proof or link?
ask mr google grin
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by asumo12: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Rascal man!

grin
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by Firefire(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Aregbesola the prodigal 'father'
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Aregbe is threatening Punch reporters with Osun boys (thugs) for asking him to pay his civil servants
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2015
So Gov Rauf Aregbe still refused to pay?

he made sure Osun muslims in the state civil service celebrated this sallah in empty stomachs.
Nigerian politicians are really wicked.
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by Trachea: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2015
From reports from my friends in Osun, i heard the governor has paid them four months salary arrears just about a week to sallah.
Re: It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) by cuteboy2: 8:07am On Sep 29, 2015
Trachea:
From reports from my friends in Osun, i heard the governor has paid them four months salary arrears just about a week to sallah.

From "your friends", abi?

No other person in planet earth heard the news, except your friends. Even Gov Aregbe himself who knows the value of propaganda does not have that information. Else he would have been screaming from roof tops that he has paid.

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Nullifies Imo APC Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Re-run / I Will Not Join Saraki To Hinder Buhari Administration - Tinubu / Buhari, APC, Media Editors and Army are conspiring To Cover-up 105 Dead Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.