Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,940 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary - Culture (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (501669 Views)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by jiahujhing: 4:04am On Sep 17, 2019
I really like reading through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!
<a href="https://bepanahpyaar.org/"> Bigg Boss Season 13 </a>
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by agborodun: 1:20am On Oct 09, 2019
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Jimbadly: 1:52am On Oct 17, 2019
Midnighter dear I was banned by the spambot on that romance section thread when I was posting the proverbs. I posted up to 17 of them. They were all hidden. cry

I'll try and post again later today.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by midnighter(f): 3:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Jimbadly:
Midnighter dear I was banned by the spambot on that romance section thread when I was posting the proverbs. I posted up to 17 of them. They were all hidden. cry

I'll try and post again later today.

Lol sorry friend, thanks for the effort. Spambot messed me up as well in the politics section cry lol

Maybe it doesnt like what we say haha
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Jimbadly: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
midnighter:

Lol sorry friend, thanks for the effort. Spambot messed me up as well in the politics section cry lol

Maybe it doesnt like what we say haha

I tell ya dear, it's very obvious it doesn't like what we say and perhaps it was programmed to block all proverbs. Can you imagine that this my 4th attempt at replying you with the proverbs and was banned on the previous 3 occasions. It was really frustrating. I think it might be best if I send the proverbs to your mail. I'd initially wanted to post them here so that other nairalanders might see them as well and learn from the proverbs. Alas, the tyrannical spambot has thwarted all my efforts. sad

How's your day going dear? Hope it's splendid so far? smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by midnighter(f): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jimbadly:

I tell ya dear, it's very obvious it doesn't like what we say and perhaps it was programmed to block all proverbs. Can you imagine that this my 4th attempt at replying you with the proverbs and was banned on the previous 3 occasions. It was really frustrating. I think it might be best if I send the proverbs to your mail. I'd initially wanted to post them here so that other nairalanders might see them as well and learn from the proverbs. Alas, the tyrannical spambot has thwarted all my efforts. sad

How's your day going dear? Hope it's splendid so far? smiley

Lol mean spambot. I wonder what criteria it uses to ban people when it can't even ban all the stupid amoralities that people post on fp

Yeah it's okay, and yours?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Jimbadly: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
midnighter:

Lol mean spambot. I wonder what criteria it uses to ban people when it can't even ban all the stupid amoralities that people post on fp

Yeah it's okay, and yours?

It beats me too.

Yap, my day was good. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by TigerFoods: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nice one!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ominiminicase(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please,... Who knows the meaning of this common exclamation "Oko ko ko o" what does it mean when one says it?

I welcome ideas from all

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Buffmyhealth(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello, everyone.

Please somebody should correct me if I am wrong, is Ringworm in Igbo called OKPU ISI ELINGO and in Yoruba called LAKPA LAKPA?

And what is it (ringworm) called in Hausa, and maybe Calabar?

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by cahat89: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
nothing new
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by HejiViz: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
sad
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by radhikasharma: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
Looking for the best Promise Whatsapp Status?. We bring the best quotes for the promise. You can check out the awesome WhatsApp status for the promise.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by robertliam798: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello friend be the first 15 client to get connected for free.
360Sugerconnect.
Get a rich sugar mummies, suger daddies
And get paid for you services.
All is takes is to register and make your self Available.
There are lots of Client waiting to be satisfied.
Pls call on Mr Robert C.E.O ch

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Do you wish for an adventurous valentine trip and 100% fun with your loved ones, then make it a date by participating in this trip to Erin IJESHA water falls.. check poster for contact details Or WhatsApp 09055231074
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by AliyuSIDI(m): 4:11am On Jan 13, 2020
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by lookmeandseeme: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2020
Playing games can make money. Click slotxo
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by NobleAngell(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2020
Buffmyhealth:
Hello, everyone.

Please somebody should correct me if I am wrong, is Ringworm in Igbo called OKPU ISI ELINGO and in Yoruba called LAKPA LAKPA?

Thanks
It Is called KURGA in Hausa language.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Donice01: 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2020
Meanwhile see the African tribe that offers sex to guest, please do well to click the subscribe button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxiYcJLL5g
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by AreaFada2: 8:04am On Mar 01, 2020
Nice.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChideraStephen(f): 12:02am On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by babtoundey(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
Buffmyhealth:
Hello, everyone.

Thanks

Which one is lakpa lakpa? If you want to write in Igbo write in Igbo, if you want to write in Yoruba write in Yoruba. I find it irritating reading Yoruba in Igbo or Igbo in Yoruba.

There is no letter Kp among Yoruba letters. All there is is "P" which will though be pronounced as "Kp".

So, the right way to write it is Lapalapa, pasito (not Kpasito), penkemeesi (not kpenkelemeesi)
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2020
ifyalways:
In Igbo :
Birthday :Ubochi a muru onye
celebration:Mme-mme/Emume
Phlegm:ajo aso/onu mmiri
Gold digger:Onye-ocho-nga-n'oko  cheesy

You be 100% Igbo person.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Victornezzar: 7:15am On May 17, 2020
Ejiod:

Terrible planning.
Weed management: zero
Pest management: zero
Attention: 5%. Obviously I can’t leave my work hence the farm manager
Water: depending on rain which was scanty
Fulani: damn they did what I called : FATALITY in mortal Kombat.

Sorry I had to bring this here so as not to derail

I intend going into it once I'm done with school

So sorry about your loss boss.... I just want to learn from the challenges of people....
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by mztahoney(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2020
You can read About Ancient History on Penadvocate
You Need To Read about history
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ifyalways(f): 12:29am On May 20, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

You be 100% Igbo person.
I am, dalu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (52) (Reply)

Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.