Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nigerian Woman Shares Her Testimony On Pension, Heap Praises On Pencom - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Shares Her Testimony On Pension, Heap Praises On Pencom (556 Views)

You Can Only Withdraw From Contributions Once In 2yrs — PENCOM / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos / How Long Does It Take Pencom To Give Approval? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Shares Her Testimony On Pension, Heap Praises On Pencom by Realwvn(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
Due to the problems with the Nigerian pension system including lack of reliable records of pensioners, huge amount of resources on what became yearly verification exercises that did not address efficient pension payment, the pension reform act (Pension Reform Act 2004) was enacted in 2004 by the Obasanjo administration. This was to address and eliminate the problems associated with the pension scheme.

The enactment of the act ushered in a Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) that is fully funded, privately managed and based on individual accounts for both the public and private sector employees in Nigeria. The Act also established the National Pension Commission (PenCom) as the sole regulator and supervisor of all pension matters in the country

“I had some doubt when I started using one of the Pension Fund Administrators (PFA) for my pension scheme but so far, I will say I am really impressed by the promptness of my PFA in the payment of both my gratuity and my monthly pension,” Agnes Eboh, a recently retired private sector employee said.

Just like Mr. Ochidi, part of Mrs. Eboh’s fear was getting his gratuity paid on time due to past experience but both expressed satisfaction with the smooth and rigorous free verification exercise for their gratuity and pensions to be paid.

“I will encourage all employers in this country to enrol their workers to help them when they retire like me,” Mrs Eboh stated.

http://www.naijanewsrave.com/nigerian-woman-shares-her-testimony-on-pension-heaps-praises-on-pencom/

(1) (Reply)

5 Places To Learn Free Programming Lessons Online / Do You Agree With This? / Quantity Surveyors Discussion Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.