Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ (3775 Views)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by Winnergal(f): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
I wanna eat Gbegiri . . . soooo badly . . .LOL . . .

Can anyone help with the recipe . . .?
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by SeanT21(f): 3:43am On Apr 16, 2009
That is why they created Google.

Beans- 1cup,
Tomatoe Paste - 3 oz
Chili Powder to taste
Maggi or boulion cubes or granules - to taste
salt - to taste
olive oil - 2tsp
Fresh onion- 0.5 cup- chopped
mackerel fish - 300 grams

Soak the beans for about 5minutes, remove the skin very well and cook the cleaned beans until it is very soft. You may blend the cooked beans if you want a very creamy soup. Add as much water as you want to make the soup either thick or light depending on your preference. Do not cover the pot again from this point. Clean your fish and cut into desired sizes. Then add all ingredients and the fish into the cream and cook until the fish is properly cooked. Remember not to cover the pot after you have added water and other ingredients to avoid foaming .

Number of Servings: 4

Now go and enjoy your soup!! wink
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by Winnergal(f): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
SeanT21:

That is why they created Google.

Thanx for doing the research for me . . . kiss
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2009
i dont normally blend the beans, it makes it too smooth. i use a short broom (we call it "ijabe") to marsh it. thee coarseness makes it more tasty (IMO)
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by dae(f): 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
Did you guys know that some people actually blend just the dry beans, as in you dont need to bother soaking and peeling the beans. then prepare it like u making semo, using the ijabe, same outcome i tell ya!
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by tpia: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2009
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by TOYOSI20(f): 1:16am On Apr 17, 2009
dae:

Did you guys know that some people actually blend just the dry beans, as in you dont need to bother soaking and peeling the beans. then prepare it like u making semo, using the ijabe, same outcome i tell ya!

OMG!!!. . .how do u go about blending dry beans?? shocked shocked shocked undecided

Sounds like news to moi oo. . . .hmmmm. . . .we most def. learn new things everyday!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by dae(f): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
TOYOSI20:

OMG!!!. . .how do u go about blending dry beans?? shocked shocked shocked undecided

Sounds like news to moi oo. . . .hmmmm. . . .we most def. learn new things everyday!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy
yup, my momsie has done it so many times. u know that small blender thats used to blend egusi, that wat she uses to blend the beans.  Then boil some water, add pepper to it, when its boiling, pour the blended beans and use ijabe, like u preparing semo, so it wont have koko, and thats pretty much it. Let it cook, its gonna get thick and then add ur palmoil and thenecessary things. Simple!  wink
Re: ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ by dominique(f): 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
thats another method. i doubt if it will have the same taste though.

(1) (Reply)

Beans Flour For Making Moi Moi And Akara / How To Prepare Efo Riro (Nigerian Vegetable Soup) / How Do I Prevent My Cooked Food From Getting Spoilt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.