Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (42073 Views)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
sirvic01:

So you will teach Tinubu and Co how to play politics lol, Oga you have to start from somewhere then attain such heights before making suggestions, you might be thinking APC got to their present position of being the ruling party by luck, I tell you ...those guys are the smartest politicians/politricians we have in this country.....they already have a masterplan before fighting Saraki, mark my words.
Tinubu is smart but can't be the smartest. FACT!

They had their strategy, we beat them in the SP, DSP, Speaker and Deputy Speaker elections. They should bring it on!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by immortal09: 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
And the so called anointed candidate akume.. is one of the most corrupt governors during his serving years.. He left benue state in miseries, sold away all government owned properties, and EFCC even arrested him for stealing N98 billion... so who are dis liers deceiving...
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by docadams: 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
Firefire:

Whatever party, I am indifference in this matter.
We need a selfless leader and not a puppet...
A leader who is not corrupt and can defend the defenseless.
Btw: Who among the PDP senators are you thinking about ?
Ask him.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm actually thinking TWO SIDED! Lobby ke? You want to lobby Ekiti PDP Senators or SS/SE PDP Senators or who? You don't know that Saraki's comrade-at-arms are angry at the treatment of their man and will want a better deal? Do you think that PDP Senators will want to let go of this golden opportunity just to settle for Tinubu "boy-boy"? Oga let it be known that PDP only need 6 extra APC Senators (3 Kwara, Dino, one Ondo Senator and Yerima) to win. Meanwhile, we have 12 APC Senators gidi-gba.

no need to argue with u cos u think u know everything............................................ Only a f0olish man will think that there will be no Judas in PDP. I can bet you that 2 from 3 Bayelsa State senators will vote against PDP choice or abstain from voting.

If PDP field bad choice as you suggested David Mark, their house will be divided as well.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by docadams: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mogidi:

Another brilliant article, still waiting for APC supporters to respond to the article rather than their usual (subtle) personal attacks.

Not every opinion deserves a response. Just to remind you that those who castrated PDP of their 60yrs reign slogan are still in training camp.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
PDPwayoo:

no need to argue with u cos u think u know everything............................................ Only a f0olish man will think that there will be no Judas in PDP. I can bet you that 2 from 3 Bayelsa State senators will vote against PDP choice or abstain from voting.

If PDP field bad choice as you suggested David Mark, their house will be divided as well.
Read again! I EXEMPTED David Mark. I said "Anyone from NC BUT Mark".

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by lordmayor4(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I used the term "choice committee" and NOT Juicy

And what is "CHOICE " Committees?
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by cytellProperty: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
True Talk
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice". The PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

The Reason APC and Buhari Want Saraki Down:
Make no mistake, Nigerians of good conscience want the senate president to answer for the 13 charges against him, and some want him to step down from his exalted office on moral ground. However, APC and the Presidency want Saraki to go down so as to have their stooge as Senate President. They are not interested in fighting corruption. If they were, they wouldn't have brought Saraki into the Senate in the first place. If Buhari was interested in fighting corruption he wouldn't have withdrawn the N2.8 billion corruption charge against ex-Bayelsa state governor Timpre Sylva, and even gifted him with the party guber ticket for the December election. If Buhari is serious with corruption fight, he would be prosecuting Pa Abubabakar Audu on his ongoing corruption case instead of campaigning for him to return to Lokoja Government House in order to continue where he stopped in the alleged looting spree that went under him as governor between 1999 and 2003. Buhari and APC want Saraki to go down simply because they wanted total control of the Senate and also to share Senate standing committees from the comfort of Buhari's presidential lodge and Tinubu's bedroom in bourdillon road.

The Upper-hand Is With PDP:
The Senate composes of 109 Senators. The PDP has 49, while the APC enjoys 60. Of the APC 60, about 12(including Saraki) are seen as rebels and has been ostracised by their party. The PDP must meet these pro-Saraki APC minority group to present a PDP candidate from NC as Saraki's successor(anybody but David Mark). The APC rebels should be rewarded with membership/chairmanship of choice standing committees. With 61 senators(49 PDP Se+ 12 APC) behind PDP candiate, the party stand as "Majority" to defeat whoever the gods of APC present as their candidate because APC will be left with 48 senators. A very wide majority. Considering that PDP need a minimum 55 senators for this battle, 61 will be more than required. This is enough to humble APC.

Saraki Must Make Up With PDP
As for Bukola Saraki, he is unfortunate to be served the same meal he served former president Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. However, he has to repent and respond to his alleged offence. But, he should be told that the only way he can redeem his betrayals towards PDP is by supporting a PDP candidate to succeed him. This will also defeat the evil mechanism of Buhari and other APC gods.

Finally, the PDP must not let go of this rare opportunity to legitimately control the Senate and have the Umbrella standing in the office of the Senate President. Buhari will have no choice but to work with PDP-led Senate.

Let's teach APC how to play politics.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Lucaking(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
somebody please tell this barcanista guy his opinion doesn't count. you can be a local champion here on nairaland, we don't recognise you else where #wailingwailer Tinubu and Apc earned it, it also their right to plan it

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
lordmayor4:

And what is "CHOICE " Committees?
Committees of their choice.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by cytellProperty: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mumu, they are not fools and Saraki emerged as Senate President. Na you dem suppose to laugh at.
planetuzor:
And you think APC and Tinubu are fools.. They fought successfully as opposition without loosing much battle and yet came out un scattered, talk of when they now have control..

I laugh you in Spanish grin grin grin grin
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Atimchia(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mr op, you forgot that only the majority party presents a candidate to contest for the office of senate president...or you are suggesting Saraki and his loyalists shld decamp to PDP?....if Saraki steps down, the only thing PDP can do is vote against the candidate that APC will present.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by modath(f): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
francizy:

Chai! If only our dear berem can learn from the bolded, instead of sharing insults about like a kid whose toy was smashed... grin

So which one be ya team?? Shey na cheerleaders club of Nigeria??

Beremx is not crazy, if you weren't looking in her direction, you wouldn't catch her glaring at you.., cheesy

She's only returning fire, no more no less, you guys too should stop harassing her...

As for my team, i worship at the altar of NEYMESSUR.

Mes que un club ...
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by sirvic01(m): 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

They had their strategy, we beat them in the SP, DSP, Speaker and Deputy Speaker elections. They should bring it on!

And you think SP and DSP aren't living in fearvery comfortable with the speaker and Deputy, the house is resolved already,APC will get it right this time, they know losing again will be a disaster.... we/i will definitely make reference to this sooner rather than later.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by sunnymaja(m): 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Whoever that wants to play that game in pdp must be ready to face charges. Unfortunately, all politicians harbour indecency. So, it is better for pdp to allow apc to do as they may prefer than a pdp to present himself as an opposer. The first problem ls that PMB wants one term and will crush anyone that is bent on thwarting his efforts. PDP be wise and avoid over ambitious. If you like speak grammar to put me wrong, facts remain
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by hush15: 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
babaearly:

I've been following your posts but i must say you are a misguided youth
It will be wise if you channel your efforts into nation building rather than fighting along party lines
This same saraki you are rooting for has great skeletons that has been laid bare,
then why are you now turning it into a party battle affair? instead of eschewing corruption and stand by the law that has made thieving politicians being docked and stripped of all they stole when they got the chance to make things better for their people, here you are turning the law to a joke and into a party battle affair? what's wrong with you?
It's young people like you that will still say ibori was witch-hunted till this day.

How long will you caress the ego of pdp hoping to get a job from them? Why will you be this selfish and oblivious to the reality at hand?
These politicians are using you or you wish to use yourself for their corrupt plans but why will a young mind like you go to waste?

what message are you passing across to other youths, rather unemployed like you?

Very funny, like it is not the same corruption that is propelling the greedy motives of the APC into rubbishing one of their own.....
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Rotimi47: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
OP did you put the probability of some PDP senators defecting to APC into consideration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who is we? You? grin grin grin grin grin grin

SP and DSP will be changed soon. How did you beat APC for speaker and deputy speaker? Are they answerable to PDP?

With Saraki's ordeal they all know who is charge now.

Wait and see. As I noted last month "whoever thinks the national assembly matter is settled knows nothing about politics"

Some people will loose their post and their ill gotten wealth
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Realret70: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
Op, I am sure by the time you wake up from your day dreaming, you will know that politics is a game of everybody and for nobody,watch out as events unfolds
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by francizy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
modath:

Beremx is not crazy, if you weren't looking in her direction, you wouldn't catch her glaring at you.., cheesy

She's only returning fire, no more no less, you guys too should stop harassing her...

As for my team, i worship at the altar of NEYMESSUR.

Mes que un club ...

Na lie!!! She is always attacking barcanister even tho barca never replied her. It was only recently that APC has been messing up that she piped low.

Chai!! Why are you always at my left hand side? I don't like Barcelona... grin undecided
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by babestella: 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good analysis and very objective too.

Saraki will fight dirty and to the end, when he finally goes down, he and his loyalists will take their pound of flesh on Tinubu and Buhari when the time comes to elect a new SP.

Tinubu is playing a dangerous game, he should know he doesn't have clear numbers. Don't joke with Saraki's loyalists.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by uyplus(m): 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice". The PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

Make no mistake, Nigerians of good conscience want the senate president to answer for the 13 charges against him, and some want him to step down from his exalted office on moral ground. However, APC and the Presidency want Saraki to go down so as to have their stooge as Senate President. They are not interested in fighting corruption. If they were, they wouldn't have brought Saraki into the Senate in the first place. If Buhari was interested in fighting corruption he wouldn't have withdrawn the N2.8 billion corruption charge against ex-Bayelsa state governor Timpre Sylva, and even gifted him with the party guber ticket for the December election. If Buhari is serious with corruption fight, he would be prosecuting Pa Abubabakar Audu on his ongoing corruption case instead of campaigning for him to return to Lokoja Government House in order to continue where he stopped in the alleged looting spree that went under him as governor between 1999 and 2003. Buhari and APC want Saraki to go down simply because they wanted total control of the Senate and also to share Senate standing committees from the comfort of Buhari's presidential lodge and Tinubu's bedroom in bourdillon road.

The Senate composes of 109 Senators. The PDP has 49, while the APC enjoys 60. Of the APC 60, about 12(including Saraki) are seen as rebels and has been ostracised by their party. The PDP must meet these pro-Saraki APC minority group to present a PDP candidate from NC as Saraki's successor(anybody but David Mark). The APC rebels should be rewarded with membership/chairmanship of choice standing committees. With 61 senators(49 PDP Se+ 12 APC) behind PDP candiate, the party stand as "Majority" to defeat whoever the gods of APC present as their candidate because APC will be left with 48 senators. A very wide majority. Considering that PDP need a minimum 55 senators for this battle, 61 will be more than required. This is enough to humble APC.

As for Bukola Saraki, he is unfortunate to be served the same meal he served former president Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. However, he has to repent and respond to his alleged offence. But, he should be told that the only way he can redeem his betrayals towards PDP is by supporting a PDP candidate to succeed him. This will also defeat the evil mechanism of Buhari and other APC gods.

Finally, the PDP must not let go of this rare opportunity to legitimately control the Senate and have the Umbrella standing in the office of the Senate President. Buhari will have no choice but to work with PDP-led Senate.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People

It baffles me how a sane person would still support a corrupt party like the PDP that has looted our treasury to debts!! Nigerians are suffering because these sets of individuals have been so greedy and egocentric! Would you rather prefer to have David Mark head the Senate or a George Akume? I dislike your posts on this forum because you are always so biased with your write-ups!! How on earth would someone want to have PDP back in government? Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by OpeDwarroir: 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
babaearly:

I'm not talking about this article per say but all you have been doing since moving from APC to PDP
Well i dont have a problem with that but you have been all about this like you have no life outside here
I have seen your facebook and the message i get is of an able bodied youth wasting away
I see you sitting down with your laptop and thats your dp which is quite sad.
Your mates are quite different when you see them on Linkedin but i doubt you even use that resource

Quit this road you are toeing because it will give you more misery. You might seem destined for great things
but you are channeling your emotions and will power from the wrong people to a crowd that does not even give a damn about you
Many of your "followers" are still struggling with their day to day life
and it beats me some still support you, when you support the politicians who have made a mess of their life

Think about it

Mr Old man! Enough of your rantings, the young man do not need your advice. If you can't cope with his posts, my advice is simple 'quit Nairaland' or better read and avoid commenting. You even went as far as checking him up on facebook. You are simply pained by his points because you sure know that he makes alot of sense. Don't decieve yourself.

When its not favoring the APC, you resort to insults. The young man is entitled to his opinion, so live with that. Besides, you have no grounds to say that he is jobless simply because of his candid contributions on this forum. If that is the case, what are you doing here? It shows you are also jobless. Channel your energies to more productive things. I rest my case
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by limamintruth: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People

Apt and true as always!
Good one @TonyeBarcanista wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by lordsbiz(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Okobaba1:

My friend, d senate president might nt be d only corrupt politician but unfortunately for him nd fortunately for well meaning Nigerians som1 has to be used as a scapegoat nd since he his a part of d change agenda y don't u allow him bear his own cross.

This youths of nowadays I wonder if u guys av ever lived for 3weeks outside nigeria so dat u will see wat corruption has done to our system. I swear u will weep for Nigeria if u visit even a small african country like gabon.
if you dont know, quite a number of us youth has spent time outside the country, and i personally know how it is, the challenge with so many nigerians is that most time we travel out of nigeria, we travel with so much cash to be spent in few days and we have the fun of our lives, and when we get over here we condemn our government. Is it government that throw empty sachet water on the road, empty snack packages, rumple our currency in our pocket, voted quite a number of them to office even when we fully know they are theives, sometimes we forget that our leaders are reflection of our true self. They were born and raised here, they were not imported , an avarage nigerian is selfish and self centered, if you dont know sir, the greatest form of governance is self governance, until we all learn to take charge of our lives. Is it the government that pays for waec and post utme runs for commoners children? What about our constitution that is suppose to bring about equity, its the greatest setback we have. Country built on falsehood, dont only imprison, but kill saraki, a million saraki will be created by the same system.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by hush15: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice what Nigeria will turn tohe PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People

I couldn't have said it better. Just hope Saraki understands this and in a little way that I understand him, he is not one to be ridiculed and you get away easily. Am sure he is ready to cause as many rancour within the party as much as possible. He is mosdef not going to give in without a big crack within the party. I just wish Nigerians could for once understand this is not bout justice but pure political malice and bigotry. If this is how APC intend to rule in the next 4 years, through fear and Political threats and maiming and all Nigerians can't see beyond the mirage the wicked and evil intent to cease power and control Nigeria the way they please, then I wish Nigerians a safe landing in this 4 years journey

I forsee a Nigeria where no one will be able to stand up against the present impunity of the present government if Nigerian are blinded by the hate for saraki. Who will be the whistle blower, without being prosecuted or maimed.

While I do not support Saraki's actions, I want Nigerians to see the bigger picture the party is trying to instill fear not only on their subordinates but also Nigerians as a whole. I want to state categorically that no economy thrives under fear as we rightly experiencing now neither is there liberty but timidity, shyness and oppression. The very reason why we kicking against the initial government.

A time will come when we won't be given the opportunity to stand for our rights and that time is not far off from the way things are going.

Some edits will start quoting rubbish now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by talktimi(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
aresa:

[s]lmao at biafra losers labeling themselves patriots with Nigeria issues? Are you biafra or Nigerian patriots? losers..

Good to know you confused and irrelevant losers really love and care about the ZOO..

Confused beats of no Nation....lmao grin
[/s]
are you not tired of being an idïot
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pdp is dead and buried...but another party is coming..
Atiku/Saraki party.. stay tuned..

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by abimic(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Your Conclusions are tentative and can't be adjudged as being the most correct side of view. APC came from being in opposition to the other side, they know all these before throwing their chips and must have weighed their chances. So, just watch how you will be taken by surprises. If Saraki becomes the guilty one, do u think he would still have supporters to go follow him anywhere? Again, never trust anybody! Things are changing! Those you think might backstab their party might not even be thinking of that, not now especially when APC are seen as hot cake and PDP being the bad one. They think, and would want reelection, none of them would be contemplating rebellious act like that of BS again, if he's successfully effaced out of the scope. Now is the time to cut BS to size before he becomes bigger than his party. Do u think PDP would have forgotten what he did? They would all be waiting for him and his treacherous act in PDP and APC will kill him politically. Don't forget for anti party activities, there are sanctions and losing one's seat might not be out of the purview.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Erukulele(m): 11:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
Even though mr tonyebarcanista is politically inclined, a die-hard supporter of pdp each time i read his write ups there are always some points i agreed with completely come to think of it if APC is as organised as they claimed before election why all these dilema, when all know saraki is being witch-hunt because the party hierachy do not want on his seat but the fact remains that he has questions to answer he has to clear his name. PDP should seize this opportunity i want to see how body language will control a senate controlled by opposition, we have seen it happened in other countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by mkoabiola: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ds tonyebarcanista knws nothing abt politics,
Most tyms I read hs opinion but all I can deduce is poo,attention seeeking n unbalance report

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jeremiah Useni Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Plateau State / Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation / List Of 12 Politicians Eyeing Buhari’s Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.