Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President (38973 Views)

APC Has Confirmed Our Position On Ekweremadu's Kangaroo Trial - PDP / Plots To Bomb Computer Village Lagos, Worship Centres & Parks Uncovered By DSS / 2019: PDP Plots Takeover Of APC Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
belabela:

They won't. This government will make sure that their mandate is not transfered to another party. i.e. if you want to decamp you automatically vacate the seat - you then contest under your new party and INEC will now have to pronouce a new result - that's how it's done in every sane society. Afterall we vote for party in Nigeria, I haven't seen a ballot paper with somebody's name on it. So the party has the mandate - that was how Amaechi could claim governorship postiton from Omeha in Rivers. The party won the election not the individual.
have you heard of the name tambuwal are u. Saying that nigeria wasnt insane when he decamped come on bro u only use words whn it suits u and when its against u turn around
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by nortcentrallord(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Very funny quote!! How did the security agencies smash the plot? The PDP dominated like minds senators are in the majority and would definitely decide the next senate presidency if anything happens to Saraki.

Furthermore if they decide to reject Buhari's nominess,there is nothing the security agencies can do about it.

Hahahahaha, I didn't know you saw it too. I wonder how and why apc followers think like lie mohamed.
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by nortcentrallord(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
omenka:
So PDP as well understands that Saraki's position is now untenable. cheesy

Let them keep "plotting", we aren't ignorant of their antics.

And for all those making wild projections from theories that are neither here nor there, it appears you guys are truly hard of learning- perhaps it is just a case of chronic amnesia. If history has taught us anything, my guess is it taught us never to speak in absolute terms as regards Nigerian politics- sometimes as a matter of fact, the uncertainty of the outcome of these events is as high as that of a rolled dice.

I'd rather sit and watch things unfold naturally.

And as for APC, they shouldn't make the grave mistake of projecting Akume for the President. The scandal that would break out would be unlike any ever recorded in the National Assembly. My brothers from my state know what I'm talking about. cheesy

Omenka Omenka, 'r u denying ur beloved apc all of a sudden because of the uncertainty? Be a true believer and fight with them. grin cheesy. I expect you to chant Sai buhari!
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
have you heard of the name tambuwal are u. Saying that nigeria wasnt insane when he decamped come on bro u only use words whn it suits u and when its against u turn around

Your accusations have no basis.

Tambuwal was a PDP member until October 2014 - about 6 months before his tenure expired. And the PDP made attempt to recover their mandate however their case was weak because they accepted APC members who crossed over to PDP. Hence there were several cases in court from both parties that were not resolved until their tenures expired.

In every democratically sane society if you decamp from a party whose mandate you have to occupy a position you automatically loose that position.

This administration may invest in bringing sanity to discourage the idea of taking a PDP mandate to APC or vice versa.

I have a clear mind and purpose and my comments are consistent against your unfonded allegations - you may check that on nairaland.
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Chigold101(m): 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Very funny quote!! How did the security agencies smash the plot? The PDP dominated like minds senators are in the majority and would definitely decide the next senate presidency if anything happens to Saraki.

Furthermore if they decide to reject Buhari's nominess,there is nothing the security agencies can do about it.
don't mind this people... Is there anything criminal about it that security agents are going after... People that lack common sense always resort to noice making.

Weather Saraki Sinks or Swims in this issue, APC & the Senate will never remain the same...
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by dondorosteve: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=akinzeb post=38321440]Barely 24 hours after the arraignment of Senate President Bukola Saraki, some of his loyalists and Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) senators are planning to fight back, The Nation has learnt.

They are said to be working on a plan which will lead to the election of a new Senate President from the opposition party, should Saraki be convicted by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) – the “worst case scenario”.

Security agencies already know about the plot, it was learnt.

Besides, there were signs yesterday that pro-Saraki senators may have “laid an ambush” for President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial list, which is being expected at the Senate “any moment from now”.

They may reject the list and all appointments made so far by the President in protest against Saraki’s trial, a source said.

But the Presidency is unruffled.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said last night: “Some loyalists of Saraki and PDP senators have been meeting on the options available and how to tackle President Muhammadu Buhari.

“At the meeting in Abuja, they resolved to stand by Saraki but if he is convicted, they will make sure that the next president of the Senate is from the PDP.

“They are really aggrieved and have vowed to stop the candidate of the Unity Forum, Sen. Ahmed Lawan, from emerging as Saraki’s successor.

“From the way PDP and its senators are rallying around Saraki, no one needs a soothsayer to know that a bigger conspiracy is in the offing.

“The PDP has not come to terms with the fact that it lost the last general elections.”

Part of the plot is to reject Buhari’s ministerial list and all appointments so far made by the President, it was learnt.

These appointments include those of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Nigerian Customs Service(NCS) and Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), among others.

The source went on: “They know that the President will not present imposed candidates as ministerial nominees and they are out for a pound of flesh as from September 29 because the Code of Conduct Bureau( CCB) dragged the President of the Senate to the Code of Conduct Tribunal(CCT)”

It was gathered that security agencies have smashed the plot.

A government source said: “The whole plot is aimed at frustrating the President and cause a political crisis in the country.

“They have this feeling that they must pull down the house due to the arraignment of Saraki by CCT. In spite of denial, they are pointing accusing fingers at the Presidency for Saraki’s travails.”

Attempts to make loyalists of tHouse of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara, to pitch their tent with Saraki appear to have suffered a setback.

It was learnt that although Saraki backed Dogara to become the Speaker, the “template has changed”.

Dogara and his loyalists would prefer to “facilitate reconciliation between the Presidency and the Senate leadership than taking sides”.

A Dogara supporter said: “There is pressure on our camp to take a hard line position on the trial of Saraki but we will rather broker peace than compound the situation.

“We are not betraying anyone but we believe the challenge at hand is resolvable. If we compound the situation to team up against the Presidency, we will all fail.

“To take sides is to set the House on fire all over. This will not augur well for the new National Assembly.”

Saraki is a godfather in politics, a bado in kwara State and a hardnurt to crack for the APC
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by dondorosteve: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=dondorosteve post=38340020].

Saraki is a godfather in politics, a bado in kwara State and a hardnurt to crack for the APC
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by orunto27: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Pick a . Senate President from Ondo State..They are better than Remi Tinubu as Senate President.
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
montezz:

and who is d govt u r talking abt?lol

I forgot to check your profile before commenting. Surely you aren't born in 1984.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Whispering Into Buhari’s Ear In Throwback Photo / Mamman Daura & Tukur Leaked Audio: "Aisha Buhari Suicide Bomber From Yola" (SR) / 2019: PDP Reacts To Defection Of Former Chairman, Mu’azu, Other Bigwigs To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.