Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President (38944 Views)

APC Has Confirmed Our Position On Ekweremadu's Kangaroo Trial - PDP / Plots To Bomb Computer Village Lagos, Worship Centres & Parks Uncovered By DSS / 2019: PDP Plots Takeover Of APC Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by onismate: 7:40am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

I think you people are the ones that dont understand how politics is played!! Shebi you people thought the CCT would be able to remove Saraki for you to easily screen your ministers abi? Finally that plan has failed !!!do not think this men in the senate are babies!! Most of them are seasoned politicians ,very experienced and not nones to be bullied.You will soon find out in the comming days
seasoned politicians? Which season! Is it season 1 or 2! Abegi iiii. It is only in US that you find much seasoned politicians es. The only thing we have much here are unseasoned corrupt politicians. We AR just watching the season 1 politician saraki been probed. Season 2 will continue with Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Lionhearted: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Perhaps PDP listens to ''prophet'' Barcanista.

Or rather that APC is being proactive due to Barcanista previous analysis. And crying wolf when there is none.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by niyidenrele: 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

I think you people are the ones that dont understand how politics is played!! Shebi you people thought the CCT would be able to remove Saraki for you to easily screen your ministers abi? Finally that plan has failed !!!do not think this men in the senate are babies!! Most of them are seasoned politicians ,very experienced and not nones to be bullied.You will soon find out in the comming days
.....u mean seasoned thieves ?

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by princemillla(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Funny enuf I don't care who emerge as the SP but, can you people just get Nigeria on the move! We are tired of this party supremacy palava and self centeredness.

We the masses are the one being affected by this instability in leadership.

We voted change and it's indeed needed

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by oxygen247(m): 7:43am On Sep 24, 2015
Another story
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by greatestman(m): 7:43am On Sep 24, 2015
omenka:
So PDP as well understands that Saraki's position is now untenable. cheesy

Let them keep "plotting", we aren't ignorant of their antics.

And for all those making wild projections from theories that are neither here nor there, it appears you guys are truly hard of learning- perhaps it is just a case of chronic amnesia. If history has taught us anything, my guess is it taught us never to speak in absolute terms as regards Nigerian politics- sometimes as a matter of fact, the uncertainty of the outcome of these events is as high as that of a rolled dice.

I'd rather sit and watch things unfold naturally.

And as for APC, they shouldn't make the grave mistake of projecting Akume for the President. The scandal that would break out would be unlike any ever recorded in the National Assembly. My brothers from my state know what I'm talking about. cheesy
Partisanship has becloud your sense of reasoning.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by aorta(m): 7:44am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:
By now Tinubu should have known that every single one of his candidates will definitely fail senatorial screening!! When you plot a coup and fail,there definitely will be consequences!!
deputy president of the WAILING WAILERS

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by shidof(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

I am fulani-Saraki

https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali
congrat! U tried bt i still remain unchanged dt he cn't speak Fulani and assuming dt he's a Fulani lyk u claimed . Saraki vs Buhari is still a Fulani's affairs. So, y au pipu (igbo ) running supporting a Fulani perhaps ua now a Fulani slave or to save ekeremadu ash?

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by RonJeremy: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2015
Security agencies already know about the plot, it was learnt.

If true; then this is the real scandal. Security agencies does not have any business in the way the senators conduct, plot or even undermine the government of the day, it is their prerogative.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by zicoraads: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2015
The APC will be pleasantly surprised. Since they have decided to set the entire National Assembly on fire because Saraki went against their wishes to emerge SP. I am certain none of this would have come up if he obeyed them and remained an ordinary floor member. We will see how this ends, and it won't end well. And we are all going to suffer for it. Corrupt lots!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2015
Call baba a former dictator but pdp will never never smell SP in this regime.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2015
omenka:
So PDP as well understands that Saraki's position is now untenable. cheesy

Let them keep "plotting", we aren't ignorant of their antics.

And for all those making wild projections from theories that are neither here nor there, it appears you guys are truly hard of learning- perhaps it is just a case of chronic amnesia. If history has taught us anything, my guess is it taught us never to speak in absolute terms as regards Nigerian politics- sometimes as a matter of fact, the uncertainty of the outcome of these events is as high as that of a rolled dice.

I'd rather sit and watch things unfold naturally.

And as for APC, they shouldn't make the grave mistake of projecting Akume for the President. The scandal that would break out would be unlike any ever recorded in the National Assembly. My brothers from my state know what I'm talking about. cheesy

Are u talking about that same ignorance which allowed PDP and saraki play a fast one on you guys earlier by producing saraki as senate president?

Dey should keep dreaming, I ve said this earlier. "Prosecute" saraki for his sins, but don't make it look like a "witch hunt", because, if saraki survives this, I smell doom for the presidency, and if senators loyal to him decides to pitch tent with PDP, then it is a bigger doom for both the presidency and the APC @ large,because they might still loose the seat of the senate presidency to PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Lionhearted: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2015
disloman:
Grandpa!Keep dreaming.Seems you don't understand how politics been played in naija.Who are those in like mind senators?Tell mi,They will all fall once their books are opened.Just watch and you will see how they will fall in line.Once again grandpa,keep dreaming.

Even if their books were opened as you said, it don't solve anything so far those people you mentioned are still in the senate. Don't also forget ripple effects.

Admittedly, all the Senators are corrupt. Ex- govs turned Senators are even moreso and which party has a greater percentage of such?

Interesting time ahead. Can't wait to see who wins between thorough politicians and political calculators!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by dayo23(f): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2015
Firefire:
Nigerians are ready for ORIGINAL CHANGE and not the fake change of APC, the Association of Past Criminals.

Death to corruption and corrupted elements both home and abroad affecting the growth of Nigeria.

After the rise and fall of Bukola, the next target will shift to the hunters, the KING of Corruption, the asiwaju of awon looters, the Biggest Landlord in Africa.

No hiding place for fraudsters and looters of our common wealth.

Nigerians are watching.
Keep hoping my friend! #respect2Asiwaju
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by solonazzy: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bt u said till 2019 b4 he'll b removed.... Hw Come Dey r planning his replacement frm within?,.... U also Dnt kno hw politics in Dis country ravel....

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by ehin7: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2015
If they like let them reject d list don't 4get that minister make noise civil servant do d job and beside God know d best for this country.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by disloman(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2015
Lionhearted:

Even if there books were opened as you said, it don't solve anything so far those people you mentioned are still in the senate. Don't also forget ripple effects.

Admittedly, all the Senators are corrupt. Ex- govs turned Senators are even moreso and which party has a greater percentage of such?

Interesting time ahead. Can't wait to see who wins between thorough politicians and political calculators!
Let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by ayindejimmy(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

If the ministers are not screened, ba komi!

Makes it better for Buhari.

Nigerians and PDP wants ministers. Buhari thinks them a burden.

"They'll seasoned politicians" but they lost the election to APC

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by collyno1985: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2015
disloman:
Grandpa!Are you sure that was their plan?Grandboy!You don't know anything.People already know d outcome of all these actions.What you will hear is that Saraki is innocent of the 10 charges but guilty of 3.What will then be the outcome?You can't mess with the presidency and win.Only the masses can and believe mi,this government enjoys the people's support.

Which people support.....
Hahahaha...
My brother not anymore oooo.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by lordmayor4(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2015
What if saraki trouble is from the pdp who are always with him in order to pave way for ekweremmadu?
#MyThoughts

4 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by maestroferddi: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2015
I have always believed that APc's decision to witch-hunt Saraki would backfire.

Tinubu is a seasoned politician and therefore will have every reason to be apprehensive of the developments at Saraki's last appearance at the CCT.

Majority of the senators have made a strong statement: they wouldn't allow the senate to become a rubber stamp of any over-ambitious godfather/power monger.

As it stands at the moment, PDP senators have closed ranks while there is a palpable division in the APC ranks.

It will be foolhardy therefore to continue hounding Saraki when there are 10 APC senator giving him unalloyed support.

Simple equation. Remove Saraki and the senate leadership will revert fully to the PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Joevics(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2015
disloman:
Grandpa!Keep dreaming.Seems you don't understand how politics been played in naija.Who are those in like mind senators?Tell mi,They will all fall once their books are opened.Just watch and you will see how they will fall in line.Once again grandpa,keep dreaming.
funny you, there is no politician in Nigeria that doesn't have worms in his cupboard, the president inclusive. Its just a case of open my own, i open your own, do u think saraki will just be pushed out and will not retaliate? He will fight back anyway he can which is good for us the masses. I definitely would love the pdp to take over the senate leadership rather than have a stooge there, it will lead to the highest form of separation of power.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Ghandi12: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2015
This is becoming sweet as corruption is uniting and fighting back : The Senate can self-delete itself while we operate with the House of Representatives. Afterall we do not have money to sustain the unreasonable budget they have been appropriating to themselves.

Please give me the name of all renegade Senators : I will plan,prosecute and send all of them to Jail in two months. It is called peaceful revolution where corruption will be effectively defeated and buried.

We did not support and vote for Buhari for fun. He has all the odds that might have made us look somewhere else but some us have always supported him even when he was loosing to PDP's manipulations.

Corruption is not going to give up easily of course but in Baba we trust - If Baba wants we can use mass action and shut the stinking Senate.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by haffaze777(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Holuwakemmy16:
Na sallah meat they hungry today,abeg who dey kill sallah meat make I com chop?lol

come chop for my side but no come with ur boyfriendgringrin
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2015
akinzeb:
Barely 24 hours after the arraignment of Senate President Bukola Saraki, some of his loyalists and Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) senators are planning to fight back, The Nation has learnt.

They are said to be working on a plan which will lead to the election of a new Senate President from the opposition party, should Saraki be convicted by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) – the “worst case scenario”.

Security agencies already know about the plot, it was learnt.

Besides, there were signs yesterday that pro-Saraki senators may have “laid an ambush” for President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial list, which is being expected at the Senate “any moment from now”.

They may reject the list and all appointments made so far by the President in protest against Saraki’s trial, a source said.

But the Presidency is unruffled.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said last night: “Some loyalists of Saraki and PDP senators have been meeting on the options available and how to tackle President Muhammadu Buhari.

“At the meeting in Abuja, they resolved to stand by Saraki but if he is convicted, they will make sure that the next president of the Senate is from the PDP.

“They are really aggrieved and have vowed to stop the candidate of the Unity Forum, Sen. Ahmed Lawan, from emerging as Saraki’s successor.

“From the way PDP and its senators are rallying around Saraki, no one needs a soothsayer to know that a bigger conspiracy is in the offing.

“The PDP has not come to terms with the fact that it lost the last general elections.”

Part of the plot is to reject Buhari’s ministerial list and all appointments so far made by the President, it was learnt.

These appointments include those of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Nigerian Customs Service(NCS) and Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), among others.

The source went on: “They know that the President will not present imposed candidates as ministerial nominees and they are out for a pound of flesh as from September 29 because the Code of Conduct Bureau( CCB) dragged the President of the Senate to the Code of Conduct Tribunal(CCT)”

It was gathered that security agencies have smashed the plot.

A government source said: “The whole plot is aimed at frustrating the President and cause a political crisis in the country.

“They have this feeling that they must pull down the house due to the arraignment of Saraki by CCT. In spite of denial, they are pointing accusing fingers at the Presidency for Saraki’s travails.”

Attempts to make loyalists of tHouse of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara, to pitch their tent with Saraki appear to have suffered a setback.

It was learnt that although Saraki backed Dogara to become the Speaker, the “template has changed”.

Dogara and his loyalists would prefer to “facilitate reconciliation between the Presidency and the Senate leadership than taking sides”.

A Dogara supporter said: “There is pressure on our camp to take a hard line position on the trial of Saraki but we will rather broker peace than compound the situation.

“We are not betraying anyone but we believe the challenge at hand is resolvable. If we compound the situation to team up against the Presidency, we will all fail.

“To take sides is to set the House on fire all over. This will not augur well for the new National Assembly.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/sarakis-trial-pdp-plots-to-pick-senate-president/

if they reject Buhari ministers appointment, who will suffer?= MASSES ......................................... Anybody wishing the senate or saraki to retaliate with issues that is important for the nation and masses is like a fo0lish boy that invite his male friends to rape his sister.
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oh the senators are not babies! Yeah that may be true; but they're robbers whose end has come. By the time this govt is finished with them, they will all beg Nigerians to keep the national assembly as a full time sitting Parliament.

This country will clean up the mess of PDP from 1960 to date.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Harwoyeez(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
pizzy77:
I believe that if the CCB finally convict Saraki at the CCT, logically the post of the next senate president belongs to Senator ike Ekeremadu; who is the deputy senate president nw...we are watching!
A new Senate President will be elected, its not automatic
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
What difference does it make? Is Saraki not PDP?

Park well joor

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by mbulela: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
We need to scrap the national Assembly.
It is a waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by onatisi(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2015
onismate:
that is it. the way am seeing this, Tinubu might think he's winning but it would definitely backfire. There would be massive disorderliness and decamping in APC
the game is not to remove saraki but to bend him to their wishes. This case is bound to fail but now aaraki knows that his political enemies have the weapons to nail him whenever they want. So he now has to start behaving himself and obeying them .tjat is the game. Apc and buhari stands to gain nothing by allowing pdp to take over the senate leadership. So they have no choice but to stick with saraki but they want his continued stay as senate president to neon their terms
Re: Saraki’s Trial: PDP Plots To Pick Senate President by Harwoyeez(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2015
Most people here have forgotten the powers vested in a president of a country. The president have d powers to shut down the national assembly if they cause any problem for the nation, so d senators taking a pound of flesh knows their limit n won't go beyond their boundaries

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic / Ogun Residents Mount Roadblock, Vow To Stop Killer Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.