Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation (16018 Views)

FG, States, Lgs Share N420bn For October - Adeosun / FG, States, LGs Share N510bn For August As Revenues Ramp Up / Nigeria In Deep Economic Trouble: “FG, States, LGs Share N518.5bn For June” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by tuniski: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Imortal001:
States are getting fund, but they are reluctant to pay worker's salaries..
that fund is very small compared to the needs of the state. Simply paying salaries is not the only duty of state govt. Moreso, the critical voting bloc and the masses are mainly not on govt payroll but, need to feel govt via other infrastructure,policies and actions which all cost money!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
one wld think that the growing numbers of the wailers will produce a synergy that may spark a brain and add to their sense, but alas, what we are getting in expected but unfortunate- a low level reasoning bunch of zombies!

now, they are blaming buhari for the reduced revenue instead of reading between the sheets....

'the occasional shutting down for maintenance is the cause'...

e Pele o

So the part in bold is also responsible for the massive drop in non oil revenue as well as VAT?

Ignorance is bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Imortal001: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2015
tuniski:
that fund is very small compared to the needs of the state. Simply paying salaries is not the only duty of state govt. Moreso, the critical voting bloc and the masses are mainly not on govt payroll but, need to feel govt via other infrastructure,policies and actions which all cost money!
I can see that, you are posses with the spirit of aregbesola!

1 Like

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by nigerianvenom(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2015
passionate88:
Do people still believe the apc propaganda. ?

sadly,they do.example;
the fooool below
seunmsg:

You lack knowledge about how the finances of the country works.

The cost cutting measures introduced by PMB will only free up more resources that the federal government can use to fund its developmental projects in the country. It has nothing to do with the federation account that belongs to the entire federation. The federal government funds it's activities from the Consolidated revenue fund and not the federation account. Any cost cutting measure will affect the CRF and not the federation account.

The $20billion stolen by GEJ, Alison Madueke and other rogues in the GEJ administration have not been recovered and so cannot be a part of the federation account yet. You wailers are the ones shouting that the corrupt ridden GEJ administration should not be probed so, I wonder who you are trying to deceive.

And I don't think I need to address why we are experiencing a shortfall in the total revenue generated and shared from the federation account. The Permanent secretary in federal ministry of finance already addressed that. Shut down of production lines for maintenance and fall in the average price of crude oil internationally to around $56 is as clear as daylight and doesn't need any explanation.

4 Likes

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by ImpactWorld(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Nwaobia said N6.3 billion was refunded to the federation by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and was also proposed for sharing.

I have observed that NNPC has been making refunds to the Federation Account on a monthly basis. So why is GEJ and Madueke still accused of NNPC unremitted funds?

1 Like

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Forwetinnah: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2015
...so Booooohari's government just waits for the proceeds of crude oil every month to share amongst themselves without branching into other sources of revenue?? No wonder the Economy is dead....all he has in that dead brain of his is "oyel"

1 Like

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by 989900: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2015
seunmsg:

The cost cutting measures introduced by PMB will only free up more resources that the federal government can use to fund its developmental projects in the country. It has nothing to do with the federation account that belongs to the entire federation. The federal government funds it's activities from the Consolidated revenue fund and not the federation account. Any cost cutting measure will affect the CRF and not the federation account.

The $20billion stolen by GEJ, Alison Madueke and other rogues in the GEJ administration have not been recovered and so cannot be a part of the federation account yet. You wailers are the ones shouting that the corrupt ridden GEJ administration should not be probed so, I wonder who you are trying to deceive.

And I don't think I need to address why we are experiencing a shortfall in the total revenue generated and shared from the federation account. The Permanent secretary in federal ministry of finance already addressed that. Shut down of production lines for maintenance and fall in the average price of crude oil internationally to around $56 is as clear as daylight and doesn't need any explanation.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Truckpusher(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
Forwetinnah:
...so Booooohari's government just waits for the proceeds of crude oil every month to share amongst themselves without branching into other sources of revenue?? No wonder the Economy is dead....all he has in that dead brain of his is "oyel"
It is no longer news that the Hausa/Fulani hegemony's dependency on oil and gas revenue is one of the reasons why Nigeria is backward given the fact that they've been the custodian of this black gold for a very long time - They couldn't diversify the economy their region and the entire country is backward yet some zombies keep blaming Jonathan who managed sincerely in trying to diversify the economy at least for once.

Let them continue blaming Jonathan even as the whole world is aware that they and their lapdogs are bad managers - They treated a certain part of this country like a war booty, yet they can't manage it properly.

''Ill gotten ill spent''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by 989900: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2015
Forwetinnah:

The below was in the article . . . read again -- slowly.

She said that the country generated N215.9 billion as mineral revenue and N153.1 billion as non-mineral revenue.

OTOH, diversification is not done overnight, and obviously it is done with funds.

PDP had 16 years of bliss, with nothing tangible to show for it than pilferage and waste. Let us give this admin some time . . . you still have your voter's card don't you?
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by 989900: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is no longer news that the Hausa/Fulani hegemony's dependency on oil and gas revenue is one of the reasons why Nigeria is backward given the fact that they've been the custodian of this black gold for a very long time - They couldn't diversify the economy their region and the entire country is backward yet some zombies keep blaming Jonathan who managed sincerely in trying to diversify the economy at least for once.

Let them continue blaming Jonathan even as the whole world is aware that they and their lapdogs are bad managers - They treated a certain part of this country like a war booty, yet they can't manage it properly.

''Ill gotten ill spent''

Reading and understanding before commenting won't kill you, rather it will do you a world of good.

Oil revenues in the report, is probably less than 50%.
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Truckpusher(m): 11:06am On Sep 24, 2015
989900:

Reading and understanding before commenting won't kill you, rather it will do you a world of good.

Oil revenues in the report, is probably less than 50%.
You probably think that the problem started today - always look beyond your nose my friend.

Just in case you think that I was referring to what is happening right now with dwindling oil prices across the globe ,nope- I was talking about the structure that allowed some sectors of the country to go moribund.

Now read mine upside down and see where I'm coming from.
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by 989900: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
You probably think that the problem started today - always look beyond your nose my friend.

Just in case you think that I was referring to what is happening right now with dwindling oil prices across the globe ,nope- I was talking about the structure that allowed some sectors of the country to go moribund.

Now read mine upside down and see where I'm coming from.

You should create a thread for your opinion.

BTW, I wasn't talking about oil prices, rather, the fact that oil accounted for less than 50% of total revenue (contrary to your opinion . . . like oil is everything).

Read. Read. Read.

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Truckpusher(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2015
989900:

You should create a thread for your opinion.

BTW, I wasn't talking about oil prices, rather, the fact that oil accounted for less than 50% of total revenue.

Read. Read. Read.

You still don't get it - I was responding to the person I quoted and talked directly from her angle of opinion and I do not need to open another thread for that as opinions and discussions are usually dynamic and not static like the way you want it to be.

Now get your glasses and read all my posts upside down again for the last time.
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by damocheezy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
The President isnt a magician that can clean the messy state of the country by one swipe of his anticorruption mop. He is on the right course, call his moves body odour or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that he is the president. Think about and work towards how you'll make it and stop giving destructive criticisms here. Besides you really believe what the media tells you?
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
seunmsg:

All these grammar explained NOTHING...

NNPC remits its fund directly to federation account which is what Sincere9gerian is referring to...So if Jonathan stole $20billion then before balance was remitted to federation account...What stopped the amount remitted from increasing rather it is decreasing when oil price is still above $61 Or is buhari stealing or looting his own $20billion now with sanusi? cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by onatisi(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

All these grammar explained NOTHING...

NNPC remits its fund directly to federation account which is what Sincere9gerian is referring to...So if Jonathan stole $20billion then before balance was remitted to federation account...What stopped the amount remitted from increasing rather it is decreasing when oil price is still above $61 Or is buhari stealing or looting his own $20billion now with sanusi? cheesygrin
no need arguing with anybody here,just leave Dem by January everybody's eyes go clear
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by erico2k2(m): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
damocheezy:
The President isnt a magician that can clean the messy state of the country by one swipe of his anticorruption mop. He is on the right course, call his moves body odour or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that he is the president. Think about and work towards how you'll make it and stop giving destructive criticisms here. Besides you really believe what the media tells you?
Plz tell us which of his actions are in the right course,I'm waiting.I know exempting NNPC from TSA is the wrong course,want me to go on?
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by onatisi(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
erico2k2:

Plz tell us which of his actions are in the right course,I'm waiting.I know exempting NNPC from TSA is the wrong course,want me to go on?
bros ,let them keep fooling themselves,by next year their ears and eyes go clear
Re: Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,let them keep fooling themselves,by next year their ears and eyes go clear
I dey tell U, and if them cry nxt year say change nah dry plantain leaf we go take wipe dem,dey must confess the witch dem chop grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara / Malabu Scandal: Ex-minister Of Petroleum, 12 Others Face Jail Terms In Italy.. / APC NEC Meeting: Governors To Stop Plot To Use State Chairmen Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.