Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers (4055 Views)

"John Yep Ordered Mambila Genocide On Fulani In Radio Station" - Fulani Elders / Ondo Farmers Reject Proposed Grazing Routes For Fulani Herdsmen / I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by neocortex: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2015
The Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, has directed the Ondo State Commissioner of Police to accelerate efforts and mobilise all resources to rescue elder statesman, Chief Olu Falae, who was kidnapped on his farm on Monday.

It was gathered that the IG told policemen in the state that everywhere must be combed to ensure the release of the victim.

Arase’s instruction followed the directive by President Muhammadu Buhari to the IG and other security agencies to ensure the speedy rescue of the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Buhari, according to a statement on Wednesday by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, condemned the “callous and reprehensible kidnapping of the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and elder statesman.”

The President assured Falae’s family, friends and other concerned Nigerians that the Federal Government would do all within its powers to ensure his swift release.

Buhari, who had requested constant updates from the police and other security agencies on efforts to find and rescue Falae, also denounced the recurring incidents of criminal abductions across the country.

However, the Force Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Kolawole, told our correspondents on Wednesday that the IG had acted immediately on the presidential order by directing the state CP to mobilise all resources and personnel towards the rescue of the statesman.

When asked if the force headquarters would deploy more men to the state, Kolawole said the Ondo State Police Command was up to the task of rescuing Falae from the clutches of his captors.

She said the police had been getting assistance and information from the community, assuring that the police would rescue the captive soon.

“The police are working hard to effect the rescue of Chief Falae. The IG has directed the command CP to mobilise all resources towards the rescue of the statesmen and I believe this has been done.”

Meanwhile, farmers in the state have threatened to wage a war against Fulani herdsmen in Ondo.

The farmers, under the aegis of Ondo State Agricultural Commodities Association, at their Stakeholders’ meeting in Alagbaka, Akure, on Wednesday also issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to secure the release of the elder statesman .

The Chairman of the association, Mr. Akin Olotu, said, “The abduction of Chief Falae is unacceptable to farmers in Ondo State and the South-West. We therefore give a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to secure the release of Chief Falae. If he is not released, the farmers in Ondo State will take an action that will have a national impact. We should not forget the Agbekoya war in the old Oyo State.

“This is a national issue, if they can come for a person like Falae, it means nobody is safe; that is why we are calling on the government to be proactive on the issue.

“The activities of Fulani herdsmen have become a serious problem in this state and nomadic system of cattle rearing in Nigeria is obsolete; it is not in the interest of anybody again.

“So our government should do something urgent about this.”

In the same vein, a former Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, has said the abduction of the septuagenarian politician was “absurd and barbaric considering the age and background of the former Minister for Finance.”

Kuku, in a statement on Wednesday, called on relevant security agencies to expedite action towards securing the release of the National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party.

Similarly, the state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party in a statement, through its Director of Publicity, Mr. Ayo Fadaka, expressed worry over criminal incursion of the herdsmen into the state.

Fadaka said the PDP took serious view of the kidnap of Falae, adding that “this type of brigandage that is currently happening in the state must stop.”

The statement read in part, “We therefore use this opportunity to call on the law enforcement agencies to do all in their power to apprehend and bring to justice those responsible for this indecent assault on the person and status of Chief Olu Falae.

“We also want to emphasise that tackling these type of crimes by every state can only be possible if the much needed restructuring of our federalism is pursued with urgency as this will give every state the constitutional power to organise and control its own security as it obtains in other notable federalisms around the world.

“We urge those holding Chief Falae to release him forthwith and also call on the security agencies to upscale their act, locate and release Chief Falae immediately.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/falae-ig-orders-massive-deployment-of-policemen/
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by SeverusSnape(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2015
Nice one. I urge all the people suffering from these Fulani invaders to take up arms and defend themselves. But We don't want Buhari to go to the state to start complaining like he did some years ago. (see link below)

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/6meFgnMrTf0

He should just call his marauding brothers to order, simple!

10 Likes

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by ckmayoca: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2015
Are they ready for such war? Considering your children's and wives.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Imortal001: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by baralatie(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Nice one.
there is nothing nice about it.it will only escalate into another ground of Bloodshedding and an in growth of crisis rocking the middle belt region!
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by BCISLTD: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2015
angry na now una wake up
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by VickJames(m): 9:54am On Sep 24, 2015
I'm laughing at the moment. These farmers want to go on extinction!

They want to recall what Uthman Dan Fodio did to their forefathers! Atleast their forefathers knew how to run on foot, but these lazy ones......hmmm

I just pray that the police help and protect them, because I doubt these farmers understand what's called "FU-LA-NI" herdsmen.

They should pick a book and read on how "Alaafin of Oyo" ran to kuvuki lands when they heard "FU-LA-NI" herdsmen coming.

NB: I'm just joking! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by greatness22(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2015
All dis fulani own don too much... 4rm benue to nassarawa to taraba and many other state. Anyway, i nor blame dem, na their senior brother they rule d country.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by kennyman2000(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2015
Okay
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by SeverusSnape(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2015
baralatie:

there is nothing nice about it.it will only escalate into another ground of Bloodshedding and an in growth of crisis rocking the middle belt region!
Why can't the Fulani herdsmen just mind their business and live in peace with the host communities?... Since they chose violence, let the community involved retaliate in like manner.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by canDy4eva(f): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2015
greatness22:
All dis fulani own don too much... 4rm benue to nassarawa to taraba and many other state. Anyway, i nor blame dem, na their senior brother they rule d country.
even b4 der bros enter der, dem don dey wori. Itz in der blood.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Shymm3x: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2015
I like this.

Missy89, you ought to be leading ya folks, giving them tactical military maneuvering, how to create defensive layers against these marauding rag-headed cow jockeys, and supplying the type of weapons that will take their heads off with just one shot. Don't kill the cows though - we shall feed them to disadvantaged Yoruba kids and use the milk they secrete as well. grin

Fvck these cow jockeys, they bleed just like everyone else and folks need to start touching them and fvcking them up.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Segadem(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2015
They should forgive and forget to let the peace reign.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by greatness22(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2015
canDy4eva:
even b4 der bros enter der, dem don dey wori. Itz in der blood.
I pray he doesn't use dat genetic syndrome (violence) to govern dis nation!

1 Like

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Ayameze2015(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2015
Fulani marauder's no get joy o! Jukwa ese.... Meanwhile barka da sallah to all NL muslims in advance. Especially my love aminat.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2015
It best ondo people don't start what they can't finish.. Those herdsman are local natives without any regards for human life. I hate bororos!
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by canDy4eva(f): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2015
greatness22:
I pray he doesn't use dat genetic syndrome (violence) to govern dis nation!
dnt tink so, at least we cnt b sure 4 nw.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by greatness22(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2015
canDy4eva:
dnt tink so, at least we cnt b sure 4 nw.
Lolzz, thought u were beautiful only, now i know u are intelligent and funny! Nice one candy. **winks**
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by baralatie(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Why can't the Fulani herdsmen just mind their business and live in peace with the host communities?... Since they chose violence, let the community involved retaliate in like manner.
let me tell you about what happened in taraba.
there are two strong farmers,jukuns/chambers and tivs.one farming seasons they had a bitter fight and the Fulani had a leeway into the fight.before my eyes I saw Fulani mercenaries move into that state and the battle turned into something else.
those Fulani foot soldiers were driven back by the tiv foot soldiers and then the jukun came alive.they literarirly went into nuclear mode.when it all settled,the Fulani came back with bigger guns and the jukuns were for the first time afraid for their lives!
but as it come out the jukuns,tivs and every tribe in the middle belt started pushing on all fronts against the Fulani.it became a to and fro fight in the village away from the eyes of the media.

and I can raise a wager that this is the game plan in the long run in the south west region(just start the skimmishes small,small till it becomes a boom).
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by baralatie(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2015
Segadem:
They should forgive and forget to let the peace reign.
with cattle rustlers?

5 Likes

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by DaBullIT(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2015
You are talking rubbish

Walahi , I am serious
VickJames:
I'm laughing at the moment. These farmers want to go on extinction!

They want to recall what
Uthman Dan Fodio did to their forefathers
! Atleast their forefathers knew how to run on foot, but these lazy ones......hmmm

I just pray that the police help and protect them, because I doubt these farmers understand what's called "FU-LA-NI" herdsmen.

They should pick a book and read on how "Alaafin of Oyo" ran to kuvuki lands when they heard "FU-LA-NI" herdsmen coming.

NB: I'm just joking! grin
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by neocortex: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2015
handsomeclouds:
It best ondo people don't start what they can't finish.. Those herdsman are local natives without any regards for human life. I hate bororos!

So they should keep quiet while the people get killed or kidnapped ?

1 Like

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by dhantey324(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2015
Let's tow the path of peace no matter the price..
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by Segadem(m): 10:28am On Sep 24, 2015
baralatie:

with cattle rustlers?
so u want shed innocent blood ,because these fuulani don't have forgiveness in their holy book,if someone mistakenly kill one cow,they will retaliate by killing tens of human lives,then guess what happens thereafter?
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by VickJames(m): 10:28am On Sep 24, 2015
DaBullIT:
You are talking rubbish

Walahi , I am serious
grin grin
Pained!
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by chinchum(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2015
apt,In oyo state, sometime in 2013, the fulani herdsmen in dozens were massacred and put in their place, and they behaved henceforth

1 Like

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by canDy4eva(f): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2015
greatness22:
Lolzz, thought u were beautiful only, now i know u are intelligent and funny! Nice one candy. **winks**
tnkx sweet,,,
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by TheFreeOne: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2015
The Chairman of the association, Mr. Akin Olotu, said, “The abduction of Chief Falae is unacceptable to farmers in Ondo State and the South-West. We therefore give a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to secure the release of Chief Falae. If he is not released, the farmers in Ondo State will take an action that will have a national impact. We should not forget the Agbekoya war in the old Oyo State.

“This is a national issue, if they can come for a person like Falae, it means nobody is safe; that is why we are calling on the government to be proactive on the issue.

The activities of Fulani herdsmen have become a serious problem in this state and nomadic system of cattle rearing in Nigeria is obsolete; it is not in the interest of anybody again.

“So our government should do something urgent about this
.”

1 Like

Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by baralatie(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2015
Segadem:
so u want shed innocent blood ,because these fuulani don't have forgiveness in their holy book,if someone mistakenly kill one cow,they will retaliate by killing tens of human lives,then guess what happens thereafter?
you partly understood my post!
the Fulani foot soldiers already have made that attack on Mr.falae because they had skimmishes.
you get me now!
what is the more comforting is that they are asking for money and not taking their normal route of counter bloodshed
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by SeverusSnape(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2015
baralatie:

let me tell you about what happened in taraba.
there are two strong farmers,jukuns/chambers and tivs.one farming seasons they had a bitter fight and the Fulani had a leeway into the fight.before my eyes I saw Fulani mercenaries move into that state and the battle turned into something else.
those Fulani foot soldiers were driven back by the tiv foot soldiers and then the jukun came alive.they literarirly went into nuclear mode.when it all settled,the Fulani came back with bigger guns and the jukuns were for the first time afraid for their lives!
but as it come out the jukuns,tivs and every tribe in the middle belt started pushing on all fronts against the Fulani.it became a to and fro fight in the village away from the eyes of the media.

and I can raise a wager that this is the game plan in the long run in the south west region(just start the skimmishes small,small till it becomes a boom).
*sigh*
From any dimension you look at it, the Fulanis are just too violent and bloodthirsty.
Re: We Will Wage War On Fulani Herdsmen - Ondo Farmers by chinchum(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Segadem:
dont mind him, they resorted to petitioning the oyo state govt in 2013, when they met brute force in parts of oyo state, and i doubt if i have heard much of misbehaviour after then.

At least eleven herdsmen have been killed in the last six weeks in some parts of Oke Ogun area of Oyo State.

According to the Fulani community in the state, the killings allegedly took place at Otu, Ikomu, Igbo-Ora, Iwere-Ile, Iganna, Ilaju and Ado-Awaye.

In a petition by the leaders of Jamu Nati Fulbe Association of Nigeria, Oyo State Chapter, Alhaji Salihu Kadiri and Mallam Muhammed Salihu Kisi, National Chairman and General Secretary, respectively, the Fulani community lamented the brutal killings of their kinsmen .

Some of those allegedly killed are Sanni Musa, Saidu Abdulahi, Ibraheem Haruna, Umar Babuga, Saliu Rebo and Muhammad Usman.
http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/fulani-community-petitions-oyo-govt-over-death-of-11-herdsmen.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu / Fulani Hardsmen Made The Terrorist List For 2018: Where Is Lie Mohammed? / Aregbe Tasks Youths On Alliance, Nation Building Ahead 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.