Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu (4056 Views)

BIAFRA: Don’t Speak Against Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB – Prophet Warns Nigerians (vide / Biafra: Don’t Incite Another Civil War….group Pleads Ipob / Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Eastfield1: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Biafra: Don’t condemn IPOB – Tinubu tells Nigerians
Published on September 24, 2017
By Chijioke Jannah
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, has said Nigerians should not condemn but listen and understand the agitations by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
He said this while delivering the Keynote speech at the 2017 Annual Dinner of the King’s College Old Boys’ Association (KCOBA) at King’s College, Lagos.
Innovate, Improve, Excel
Apply now for this Great Opportunity for Applicants in Nigeria!
The APC leader, who said the cry for separation had gained traction among average people due to the chronic failure of government to meet basic aspirations, however, warned against any attempt to split the country.
Tinubu noted that gargantuan challenges were facing the country but explained that they were not enough to call for the dismantling of the federation at a time some parts of the world were taking advantage of integration.
He said: “It is a rather curious lapse that a nation with such diversity as ours has not taken the time to give our legal marriage its proper functional underpinning. In other words, we all lined up to call ourselves Nigerian without gathering to discuss what it meant.
“Thus, we inhabit a nation that has not sufficiently defined its governance. We may be defined by political borders and boundaries but we have not glued ourselves to collective purpose and vision. Too many of us are born in Nigeria but not of it.
[NEW] How Small Manhood & Premature Ejaculation Almost Scattered My Relationship. Click HERE To Read More
“Thus, our society is not a collective enterprise as important to each of us as our own personal endeavor. It is but a platform, an arena, to claim whatever one can by whatever means available. In too many ways we resemble a wrestling match instead of the nation we were meant to become.
“Thus, we argue over matters that long ago should have been settled. The longer such fundamental questions fester, the more extreme become the proposed answers.
“Thus, we have people clamoring for secession in one part of the country and the murmur of such a course grows stronger in other sections.
“These other areas resent that some have advocated secession. Blame and recrimination become the political currency. Statesmanship falls in short supply. The dominant urge is to confront instead of reconcile.
How I went from a 2mins man to 35mins man in Bed. Now I satisfy my woman - See Solution Here
“It would be wrong to mistake this for a tempest in a teapot. If not careful, we may be tossed about like a teapot in a tempest.
“We must listen to what is being said so that we can determine what is really meant.
“Let us be frank. Many who cry separation do so because their personal ambitions will be better served by such a thing. They believe they will have greater chance at political power under a different arrangement. Yet the cry for separation has gained traction among average people; this is due to the chronic failure of government to meet basic aspirations.
“If over the years, government had delivered on the promise of growth, prosperity, and justice, those calling for such extreme remedies would be but a small fringe of little consequence.
“Our task is not to condemn but to listen and understand. I care not at all for this proposed solution. But I dare not discount the concerns and problems that have led many people into advocating such a thing.
“Here, I want to plainly state my position. I am a firm believer in Nigeria. I believe this land will become a great nation and a leader among other African nations. We can resolve our dysfunctions in a manner that will make this nation rise as a standard of decency, justice and prosperity for all Nigerians.
“So many excellent people have devoted themselves, even given their very lives, to give life to this nation. I dare not cast aside their hardy and brave work as if it were nothing. Many things we now enjoy and see as good are due to these people. We have benefited from their labor and sacrifice.
“Being more pragmatic, separating the nation into small pieces resolves nothing and creates additional problems. The world marches toward integration. Europe, America, Asia seek trade and commercial pacts that will make them more integrated markets. Notwithstanding Brexit, the EU grows more integrated in the functions of governance by the day. Thus, while nations more powerful and developed than us seek to pool their wealth and might, some of us seek to whittle this nation into smaller pieces.
“Such a thing would make us more vulnerable to outside influences. We would forfeit our rightful place on the world stage and as a leader of this continent.
“Moreover, not every split solves a problem. The political mentality, either good or bad, that defined a group before the split will remain after the divide. If one is imbued with factionalism, that perspective will remain even when the immediate problem is surmounted. Division will manifest differently, but manifest it will.
“A new factional bigotry will arise to replace the old. The cycle of tension and unrest will take its inexorable toll. Just ask the people of South Sudan if their woes ended when they left Sudan.
“When your heart is geared toward division, you will seek it within a single tribe, even a single family. The gossamer of ethnic unity will be ripped apart by sub-ethnic squabble. An angry man outside his home remains angry inside it as well and a thief steals from both stranger and friend.
“Driven by such a mentality, even someone you once called your brother becomes a nuisance, then a burden, and ultimately your enemy in short order.
“Thus, I oppose talk of break-up and all other exotic political arrangements tantamount to it. That I am a foe of disunity does not mean I have blinded myself to the truth that our nation is in need of great repair.
“We all see the nation for what it is. Some look further to see the nation for what it is not and they rush to condemn it.
“I choose to see the nation for what it can be and thus seek to nurture and cultivate it so that this Nigeria may bring forth the fullest blossoming of its riches, resources and ingenuity of its diverse people
http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/24/biafra-dont-condemn-ipob-tinubu-tells-nigerians/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2017
Restructuring all the way jagaban has spoken. One NIGERIA.
Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by coolcharm(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Aww... But why didn't he voice his opinion since?

Maybe Python wouldn't have gone yo dance undecided

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by DMerciful(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2017
The nation is in need of great repair? Say it as it'll be understood by Alimi, APC and Bubu...the nation is in need of restructuring!
Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by zinizta: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
"...A Thief Steals From Both Stranger And Friend..." The NigeriaN politician And Hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by eph12(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Is this not the same Tinubu some people have been insulting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by omenka(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2017
When would Yoruba leaders stop sticking their heads out for these ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful Pigs

Wasn't this the same Tinubu they called all sorts of unprintable names, telling us what a drug kingpin he is and how dirty his teeth are? What makes him think those guys can't handle their shiit themselves?

Time and time again, Yoruba leaders have done this, fight the course of their neighbors for them, and every single time, these guys turn history on its head and call them cowards, backstabbers, etc.

The typical Yoruba man must have a heart the size of a whale's honestly. Left for me, every motherfuckër would be responsible for their problems, if what I always get at the end of every assistance I render, is hate, scorn and insults.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by modik(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Where is Nnamdi Kanu and his aged Father?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
The commentators on this thread sounds angry cheesy..

Is it that you don't agree with Jagaban or what?

grin

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by ajepako(f): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2017
Uncle Tinubu looking for soft landing among lgbo people ahead of 2019..

This baba get brain die, l swear...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by omohayek: 7:34am On Sep 24, 2017
eph12:
Is this not the same Tinubu some people have been insulting?
Let's see if this will stop the usual suspects from calling him "Thief.nubu" and blaming him for all their woes ... I bet they'll just keep right on insulting him, just like they've never stopped insulting Soyinka no matter how much he's said and done on their behalf.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
they condemned themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2017
I think it's safe to say that even Tinubu knows that this government has failed but doesn't want to appear to be fighting the government since they belong to the same political party.

20 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by vedaxcool(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
When would Yoruba leaders stop sticking their heads out for these ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful Pigs?

Gbam!They keep schooling the uncouth ipigs in common sense despite ipigs unrelenting hatred towards them.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2017
BALLOSKI:
seun knows that is not an attack on the entire igbo, but a few miscreants.

Of course Seun will know.. Is it not NL again? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by omenka(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
I think it's safe to say that even Tinubu knows that this government has failed but doesn't want to appear to be fighting the government since they belong to the same political party.
Afam, like I'd always remind you, you have no right whatsoever to comment on issues as they relate to the Yorubas, especially Tinubu.

Your past, as seen below, robbed you of that right.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Eastfield1: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2017
BALLOSKI:
seun knows that is not an attack on the entire igbo, but a few miscreants.
see how much tym u have for miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Eastfield1: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
exactly

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Femolacaster(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2017
Most of the points that Tinubu raised are right. I am sure he is disappointed with Buhari's government.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Eastfield1: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
Afam, like I'd always remind you, you have no right whatsoever to comment on issues as they relate to the Yorubas, especially Tinubu.

Your past, as seen below, robbed you of that right.
this
doesn't sell anymore.
it never sold anyway

12 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2017
Femolacaster:
Most of the points that Tinubu raised are right. I am sure he is disappointed with Buhari's government.

I'm waiting for one thread to hit FP cheesy

He said that it is not all change that is a good change..

Wonderful man! grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Penisman: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2017
Where is Nnamdi Kanu?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
When would Yoruba leaders stop sticking their heads out for these ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful Pigs

Wasn't this the same Tinubu they called all sorts of unprintable names, telling us what a drug kingpin he is and how dirty his teeth are? What makes him think those guys can't handle their shiit themselves?

Time and time again, Yoruba leaders have done this, fight the course of their neighbors for them, and every single time, these guys turn history on its head and call them cowards, backstabbers, etc.

The typical Yoruba man must have a heart the size of a whale's honestly. Left for me, every motherfuckër would be responsible for their problems, if what I always get at the end of every assistance I render is hate, scorn and insults.

Tinubu is playing hide and seek here. Somebody feels left out and there's an avenue to downplay the government approach towards the IPOP issues, he seized like it's hot just to get at the government. APC is fracturing.

The same Tinubu said the confab of 2014 was diversionary and ill-timed . He hasn't advised the government to convene another since they came into power, rather, he's supporting agitation against the government.

We celebrated him for rubbishing the confab of 2014, but here he is giving another tone.

Don't trust politicians!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Penisman:
Where is Nnamdi Kanu?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2017
dunkem21:

Of course Seun will know.. Is it not NL again? cheesy

yes na
Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
Seun, mynd44, first off, J didn't mention any tribe or persons here. Ipob is NOT AN ETHNIC GROUP, a tribe or name of a person, so I'd suggest rule 2 is enforced here for this poster referring to me as above.

are you a woman ? The word hag was wrongly applied by him, and that's what you should've used to rubbish him. You sef come de report.
Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Eastfield1: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
Seun, mynd44, first off, J didn't mention any tribe or persons here. Ipob is NOT AN ETHNIC GROUP, a tribe or name of a person, so I'd suggest rule 2 is enforced here for this poster referring to me as above.

Seun
mynd44
indirect insult on any group or ethnic group should not be condoned here.
referring people as pigs
do something about this.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don’t Condemn IPOB – Tinubu by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2017
See mockery

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gowon Yakubu Blast Buhari: Stop Blaming Corruption And Face Reality, / Israeli TV Interviewer Didn't Believe Nnamdi Kanu Is A Jew / E-money Declares Interest To Run For Anambra State Governorship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.