Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lawyers, Bastardizing Legal Procedure - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyers, Bastardizing Legal Procedure (416 Views)

Dpo, Policemen Beat Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects In Imo / Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape / I Need The Lawyers In The House To See If I Have A Valid Case Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers, Bastardizing Legal Procedure by benELOHIM7(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2015
The burrow pit I bought from one late chief Goya Ebie has kept me in court for eight years. The burrow pit was purchased in 1988 and filled by a contractor in eleme petrochemical company thesame year. I got legal and other documents from my late landlord.

When my landlord was alive, four men seized the land which I had already bought and filled, claiming it belonged to them. He in turn sued them to customary court and won the case. The four boys namely; Sunday Oluka, Reuben Oluka, Oluka Oluka and Goya Ebie appealed the case to high court and my late landlord won the case.

They continued in the land and took the case to court of appeal. My landlord followed them up, hiring a barrister whose chamber name is Power.

As these boys had no money to execute the case, they approached Power, my late landlord's lawyer to make a truce. All of them agreed to leave the burrow pit I bought and filled. They were asked to divide all other portions of land they have not sold among themselves which they did.

The very burrow pit portion is the personal portion belonging to my late landlord, chief Goya Ebie. When they were quarrelling over this land, the uncle of these four boys, who loved me so much, advised me to pay the boys off which I did. I paid them again for a land I had already bought.

Immediately my original landlord, chief Goya Ebie died, they came to the land again and planted all manner of crops. What surprised me most was that Power, my late landlord's lawyer became these boys lawyer against me. I took them to magistrate court where they were found guilty. As God would have it, two of the boys died and two remained.

In court, my landlord's sons who are my witnesses presented the documents Power entered into with their father when he was alive. The magistrate seeing these documents, exclaimed, "WHY ARE YOU LAWYERS BASTARDIZING THE LEGAL PROCEDURE IN NIGERIA"

Saying that the magistrate lacked the jurisdiction to handle the case, Power decided to take the case to high court which for six months he did not do. I discovered that he was using delay tactic to deprive me of my land, so I took them to high court. Since then he'd deliberately absent himself from court, giving faulty reasons.

The good thing which has happened is that Goya Ebie, one of the defendant has made a statement that I bought the burrow pit from them and filled it, that he no longer stand with his brother, sunday oluka. From Power's advice, sunday oluka has sold my land and is living an uber lifestyle while I languish in poverty. He said that he will delay the case until I die.

I am now 78 years old and pleading that you well meaning nigerians will be of high assistance for me to recover my 16plots of land, surveyed and registered.

I am a humble Nigerian
Pastor Patrick Uhegwu

(1) (Reply)

(10) Best Value Kitchens Of Europe Reviews / Stealing Is Not Corruption!!! / BREAKING| Ex-petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.