Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries (50222 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by napoleonbaba(m): 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:
The bible says my people perish for lack of knowledge.....

NB Am not a saraki supporter

Why should they stone him with stones and water, the man is still a leader. For crying out loud he's still the Senate President. It only shows the level of animalistic behavior some people have if they can start stoning the senate President just because he's being tried in court and has not even be found guilty yet. Even animals respect their leaders so why can't we just for the mean time respect ours.

You read the post at all?

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Firefire:

My friend I no tell you.

How can Saraki be flying about in Private Jet and a whole Professor Wole Soyinka is taking overland plane with me on the same day
Haha their eye don open my boss mi! grin

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Ayameze2015(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
All this apc jiggery-pokery braggadocio polithiefcians, might have upset they masses for them to lampoo a whole prayer ground show's how much pains they have gone through! These thieve's are just malodorous for my liking.
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Firefire(m): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
Damalex4luv:

Hmm so what do you have to say about some of your people like firefire, mogidi, chukwudi44, whynotthertruth and others. I tell you most igbos are hypocrites and biased.

So for your mind I be Igbo right?

I am very proud to associate with any tribe in Nigeria in defend of human right and social justice.

But for your information... Omo Oodua ni mi tokantokan. cool

So, change your parochial attitudes and mindset.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by fejikudz(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
How i wish all the corrupt politicians are treated like this guy
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by uncjay(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

Why should they stone him with stones and water, the man is still a leader. For crying out loud he's still the Senate President. It only shows the level of animalistic behavior some people have if they can start stoning the senate President just because he's being tried in court and has not even be found guilty yet. Even animals respect their leaders so why can't we just for the mean time respect ours.

What kind of knowledge are you talking about or should I say referring to?..... Abeg pack go sit down somewhere.

It's only apparent you find yourself in your comfort zone where you still manage 3 square meal of the day. Here you talking about people been animalistic in behaviours, have you try to put yourself in their shoes, the level of pain, agony, distress their going through and yet they have a so to say Leaders (rulers) whose selfish interest is their priorities.

Times without number I've read about how these ones try to negotiate and come to consensus with the government on the basic social needs and the pathetic state of the state, till date what improvement have been noted... In fact if they stone him (them) to death I will endorse it. Of what good are they to the people. My brother abeg tink am well jor.

4 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Yemz213(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

pls if u don't know what to say kindly keep shut,the issue at hand doesn't have anything to do wit. his trial at cct,but salary issues......owing workers 5-6 months and u ask then not to stone him, they have circulated the stoning news since last week that why Ahmed went to home town to observe eid prayer....... more of it

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by olutunde12(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
Chimarto:
Typing.........
Later they will say those who attacked saraki cannot pray or read quran! So they are christians? I am still expecting Aljasera to blame america and israel for the stampede in Mina(Muna) in mecca that killed many today. Cawards!

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by anigbajumo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
atlwireles:
Angry worshippers on Thursday attacked the President of the Senate, Dr. Olusola Saraki , the Emir of Ilorin, Alh. Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, and many political figures at the Eid Praying Ground in Ilorin in protest against the state of the economy of Kwara.

When will these angry protesters attack their dullard from Duara cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who is nw dullard?Obviously is you....

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by muh4lyf(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
What happened at the prayer ground today was funny.... Never knew what people were up to when they were waiting behind after prayer... The suppose ill fund kwara radio transmitting the prayer for those that were far from the mosque added to the woo... It was crazy...

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by pyx: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

it. is. obvious you did. not read the post. in detail, he was. attacked because of the.present poverty level in the state as. a result of his past corrupt administration and looting of state funds

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by LightofEarendil: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
Here in Ibadan. The usual air of festivities appeared tamed. Even those i saw today going for prayers this morning do not look excited. Everything seems subdued.
Many families relying on the government to pay a backlog of salaries owed them have not been able to buy the things they nees for this celebration. I am sure the facts that this coincide with school resumption would have stretched people's finances during this period.
I heard the governor paid one month salary yesterday instead of the 3 month promised the workers.
At least, those one if possible will be able to buy ram and meet the expenses that come with days like these.
For those in other states like Osun, I hope workers who are Muslims will have reason to smile and enjoy the day.
We should start holding our rulers accountable. We should not watch them steal our sustenance and the future of our children while they criminally secure those of themselves and their unborn generations

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by fejikudz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
Firefire:

Let them start from the bottom. It would be a bottom-up attack.

The turn of the certificate forger and liar under oath will surely come at the fullness of time.
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Emmy4Naija: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
Weldone Kwarans...We need more of these type of treatment to our corrupt leaders

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by MohMulla: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:
Since d fulani's and other indigenes are tired of saraki rulership, the ibos in kwara shld not let him down, they shld stiff there neck out 4 saraki like chukwudi44. They shld organise a rally in support of saraki very fast.
. Bad person wen we hav ppl like you in dis country Nigeria will neva move forward!!!!tribalism nd the rest shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by omojeesu(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
I think the people are rising against century-long oppression represented in modern times in Kwara State by the Emirate, the Sarakis and other oppressors and exploiters who use religion to hoodwink the people. God is always on the side of the oppressed.

The spell is over!

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by alexvatt(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

u are mad. in america they do stone their president. saraki is not superior than u. he just had the privilege. It is a welcome development that we are now stoning criminals called leaders. this development will make them accountable to the people are governing. that means people eyes have opened. let start stoning them one after the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by seedorfg(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
stone the madness out of saraki brain

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by 989900: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

“Ebi n pa wa!” “Ebi yii tito Saraki!””A o ki run, e fun wa lounje”( We are hungry, enough of hunger Saraki, give us food, teach us how to fish.”

That's your answer.

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by dotlanre(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
[ it is tru [/quote]
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by atlwireles: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
anigbajumo:

Who is nw dullard?Obviously is you....

Nah me dey stone una Emir and your lord Saraki bah? Tell your fellow almajiris to send their stones in the direction of your dullard from daura.
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by 989900: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
Funny set of People asking for food from Saraki. kikkikikik

Is this asking for food?
Others were shouting “Ebi n pa wa!” “Ebi yii tito Saraki!””A o ki run, e fun wa lounje”( We are hungry, enough of hunger Saraki, give us food, teach us how to fish.”
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by porka: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:
http://thenationonlineng.net/angry-worshippers-attack-saraki-emir-ex-minister-dignitaries/

Angry worshippers on Thursday attacked the President of the Senate, Dr. Olusola Saraki , the Emir of Ilorin, Alh. Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, and many political figures at the Eid Praying Ground in Ilorin in protest against the state of the economy of Kwara.

The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Alh. Muhammadu Bashir was not spared the wrath of the protesters.

Others who were victims of the spontaneous mob action were ex- Minister Bolaji Abdullahi, the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Ali Ahmad, ex-Speaker Razak Atunwa( now a member of the House of Representatives) Rep Amuda Kannike, a former National Chairman of the PDP, Alh. Kawu Baraje, the Taliban of Ilorin, Prof. Oba Abdulraheem, members of the State House of Assembly, all the Baloguns, Magajis and prominent leaders in Ilorin Emirate

The protesters were said to be angry because of non-utilization of the bail out funds given to the state by the Federal Government to offset workers’ salaries.

They alleged that the bail out funds were used to offset the bill incurred on crowning Saraki as the President of the Senate.

Although the prayer was fixed for 10am, there was tension as early as 8am at the Eid Praying Ground.

It was evident that most worshippers were out for showdown because initial sermon segment of the Sallah celebration fell on deaf ears.

As Saraki and others arrived the praying ground, there was intermittent shout of “Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!(Thief, thief, thief).

Others were shouting “Ebi n pa wa!” “Ebi yii tito Saraki!””A o ki run, e fun wa lounje”( We are hungry, enough of hunger Saraki, give us food, teach us how to fish.”

The thunderous vituperations were hardly subsided when stones and missiles were thrown at the dignitaries.

The police, security agents, and members of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, battled spiritedly to curtail the protesters who remained defiant.

There were sporadic firing of teargas canisters by the police and security agents.
After about 30-minute protest, temporary calm was restored which gave way for the observance of the two Nafilats( prayers).

But as the dignitaries were filing out , the protesters started hurling missiles again.
As at press time, there was tension in Saraki’s camp over who was responsible for the attack.

Ahmed, who was probably aware of security reports, went to Share, his hometown, to observe the prayers.
[size=15pt]
Is Dr. Olusola Saraki the senate president? [/size]
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:
Since d fulani's and other indigenes are tired of saraki rulership, the ibos in kwara shld not let him down, they shld stiff there neck out 4 saraki like chukwudi44. They shld organise a rally in support of saraki very fast.
and u'l be moved out to ur states to show solidarity for him.
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by anigbajumo(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
atlwireles:

Nah me dey stone una Emir and your lord Saraki bah? Tell your fellow almajiris to send their stones in the direction of your dullard from daura.

Shut up!who tell u say I b betrayal supporter.....

Abeg off here
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by satmaniac(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
While the pilgrims are at Saudi Arabia stoning the devil, here in Nigeria, it seems like we have identify another devil to be stoned.
grin While the pilgrims are at Saudi Arabia stoning the devil, here in Nigeria, it seems like we have identify another devil to be stoned.

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yeye people!

No be una vote am..

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by benebaby77: 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:
http://thenationonlineng.net/angry-worshippers-attack-saraki-emir-ex-minister-dignitaries/

The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Alh. Muhammadu Bashir was not spared the wrath of the protesters.

Others who were victims of the spontaneous mob action were ex- Minister Bolaji Abdullahi, the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Ali Ahmad, ex-Speaker Razak Atunwa( now a member of the House of Representatives) Rep Amuda Kannike, a former National Chairman of the PDP, Alh. Kawu Baraje, the Taliban of Ilorin, Prof. Oba Abdulraheem, members of the State House of Assembly, all the Baloguns, Magajis and prominent leaders in Ilorin Emirate

The protesters were said to be angry because of non-utilization of the bail out funds given to the state by the Federal Government to offset workers’ salaries.

They alleged that the bail out funds were used to offset the bill incurred on crowning Saraki as the President of the Senate.

Although the prayer was fixed for 10am, there was tension as early as 8am at the Eid Praying Ground.

It was evident that most worshippers were out for showdown because initial sermon segment of the Sallah celebration fell on deaf ears.

As Saraki and others arrived the praying ground, there was intermittent shout of “Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!(Thief, thief, thief).

The thunderous vituperations were hardly subsided when stones and missiles were thrown at the dignitaries.

The police, security agents, and members of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, battled spiritedly to curtail the protesters who remained defiant.

There were sporadic firing of teargas canisters by the police and security agents.
After about 30-minute protest, temporary calm was restored which gave way for the observance of the two Nafilats( prayers).

But as the dignitaries were filing out , the protesters started hurling missiles again.
As at press time, there was tension in Saraki’s camp over who was responsible for the attack.

Ahmed, who was probably aware of security reports, went to Share, his hometown, to observe the prayers.

Workers were not being paid their salaries even after the bail out funds...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by atlwireles: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
anigbajumo:

Shut up!who tell u say I b betrayal supporter.....

Abeg off here

Why all this cheap raking undecided go and stone your dullard from duara. Saraki is not the reason for your miserable life. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by benebaby77: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Richie0974:

Workers were not being paid their salaries even after the bail out funds...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Glare247(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sammyramires:
It could be a well scripted action of the dare devil to Smite the Senate President by all means... Last time I checked, Senator Saraki contested the last election under APC Platform.. #All4Change

spare us the sermon,what happened today aught to have happened two month ago,they did not show up during the small sallah celebration,they waited for them anxiously at the eid ground but him and the govnor didnt show up,we all knew this will happen today,guess u are ignorant of what is happening in my dear state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Couple Wear IPOB Attire At Their Wedding In Owerri (Photos) / Toyin Saraki Joins The Obamas, Usher & Others For Event At The White House. PICS / Sick Leave: Buhari Could Remain In London For 4 More Months - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.