Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries (50242 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by abu12: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
http://thenationonlineng.net/angry-worshippers-attack-saraki-emir-ex-minister-dignitaries/

Angry worshippers on Thursday attacked the President of the Senate, Dr. Olusola Saraki , the Emir of Ilorin, Alh. Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, and many political figures at the Eid Praying Ground in Ilorin in protest against the state of the economy of Kwara.

The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Alh. Muhammadu Bashir was not spared the wrath of the protesters.

Others who were victims of the spontaneous mob action were ex- Minister Bolaji Abdullahi, the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Ali Ahmad, ex-Speaker Razak Atunwa( now a member of the House of Representatives) Rep Amuda Kannike, a former National Chairman of the PDP, Alh. Kawu Baraje, the Taliban of Ilorin, Prof. Oba Abdulraheem, members of the State House of Assembly, all the Baloguns, Magajis and prominent leaders in Ilorin Emirate

The protesters were said to be angry because of non-utilization of the bail out funds given to the state by the Federal Government to offset workers’ salaries.

They alleged that the bail out funds were used to offset the bill incurred on crowning Saraki as the President of the Senate.

Although the prayer was fixed for 10am, there was tension as early as 8am at the Eid Praying Ground.

It was evident that most worshippers were out for showdown because initial sermon segment of the Sallah celebration fell on deaf ears.

As Saraki and others arrived the praying ground, there was intermittent shout of “Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!(Thief, thief, thief).

Others were shouting “Ebi n pa wa!” “Ebi yii tito Saraki!””A o ki run, e fun wa lounje”( We are hungry, enough of hunger Saraki, give us food, teach us how to fish.”

The thunderous vituperations were hardly subsided when stones and missiles were thrown at the dignitaries.

The police, security agents, and members of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, battled spiritedly to curtail the protesters who remained defiant.

There were sporadic firing of teargas canisters by the police and security agents.
After about 30-minute protest, temporary calm was restored which gave way for the observance of the two Nafilats( prayers).

But as the dignitaries were filing out , the protesters started hurling missiles again.
As at press time, there was tension in Saraki’s camp over who was responsible for the attack.

Ahmed, who was probably aware of security reports, went to Share, his hometown, to observe the prayers.

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by abu12: 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Since d fulani's and other indigenes are tired of saraki rulership, the ibos in kwara shld not let him down, they shld stiff there neck out 4 saraki like chukwudi44. They shld organise a rally in support of saraki very fast.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Chimarto: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Typing.........

4 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Firefire(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
The Nation's Newspaper when are you going to publish news about your proprietor's loots

72 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Richie0974: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
The bible says my people perish for lack of knowledge.....

NB Am not a saraki supporter

Why should they stone him with stones and water, the man is still a leader. For crying out loud he's still the Senate President. It only shows the level of animalistic behavior some people have if they can start stoning the senate President just because he's being tried in court and has not even be found guilty yet. Even animals respect their leaders so why can't we just for the mean time respect ours.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Mentcee(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Please Nairalanders, if you show me some love/likes on my birthday, God will bless you cuz i need it to make me happy/belong. Thanks.

modified after only 3 hours with over 400 loving likes, i hereby pray that my good Lord will bless you all at the points of your needs. God bless you all. my day is. made. more likes are still welcome though.... Oliver Twist style. lolz.

507 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by yomalex(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
This seems to be true after all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by DeKen: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
More of this can bring sanity to our polity. This is what Ameachi was talking about, "we steal because you don't stone us."

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by iyobs7(f): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:
Since d fulani's and other indigenes are tired of saraki rulership, the ibos in kwara shld not let him down, they shld stiff there neck out 4 saraki like chukwudi44. They shld organise a rally in support of saraki very fast.

You nor well at all, stiff which neck? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by broxymall(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Watch collections available Emporio armani, Casio Edifice Chronograph watch, Diesel watch, and other collections, visit link at signature
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by damton(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Saraki. number one thief of how time. I think he should do the needful if the situation gets out of hand

8 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by CowbellY: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Saraki the kleptomaniac.

5 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Mopolchi: 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
na waa
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by petrich10(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
This could be the beginning of sumtin gud

11 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by gunners160(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
efilefun:
Please spare us the sermon, have you ever been to kwara state to see the extent of poverty caused by this dude and his family, meanwhile in Ukraine some weeks ago a lawmaker was thrown into the garbage by protesters, they fighting for their rights, they worked and should be paid, similar treatment should be passed on aregbeshola also they are all criminals
May u live long my man. .I wanted picking ön that goat before

37 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by okedoyinolabisi(f): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Confirmer(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
The Governor of the kwara state was pelted as well at his own village (Shaare). Mind you, this has little or nothing to do with Saraki's trial at the CCT but non payment of salary (6 to 5 months) of the State Civil Servant. INFACT Saraki and The Governor were conspicuously absent at the prayer ground during the last sallah two months ago to avoid this same occurence.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by slimpoppa(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
O daa bahun.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by omogidi234(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Oba was there too? That guy na real taliban when were in Unilorin.

4 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by serah109: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:

Do de look alike. Timaya u get bro frm anoda state wey u no no. Saraki na Bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by clepaul: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
am a new member. I need some love

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by neocortex: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
The nation ?
I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by ikorodureporta: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by hemartins(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
bad sallah for saraki
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by RichDad1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
The beginning of the end of the Traitor.

Waiting for chukwudi the retard, to come and debunk it.

21 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by ekkywolex(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Disgraced on all fronts.....lmao

1 Like

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by babalonshee(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
just passing by
Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Pangea: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
abu12:

grin
You wicked o!
Make Igbos go show their neck there abi?

10 Likes

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by RichDad1(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Connectmums00:
I smell lies
Wailers alert. tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries by Belmot(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
See gobe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sylvia Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President's Daughter, In Lovely Pictures / Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life / Caption This Picture Of Oshiomhole And Iara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.