Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

THE USEFULNESS OF HONEY - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / THE USEFULNESS OF HONEY (695 Views)

If You Know The Usefulness Of Egg Shells You Will Never Dispose It Again / Benefits of honey on the skin / Untold Benefits Of Honey Mixed With Hot Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE USEFULNESS OF HONEY by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
THE USEFULNESS OF HONEY
Honey has a long history in human consumption, and is used in various foods and beverages as sweeteners and flavouring. Most people prefer it over sugar and other sweeteners.
I remember when I was younger, my father preferred honey to sauce. He eats his yam , rice and bread with honey. Back then I only knew honey was sweet and is produced by bees for such purposes. Obviously I underestimated the usefulness of honey out of ignorance.
Honey apart from been used in various foods and beverages has a role in religion and symbolism. It has also been used in various medicinal traditions to treat ailments.
Honey has a unique composition and chemical properties which makes it suitable for longterm storage and is easily assimilated even after long preservation.
Record has it that honey is mainly devoid of essential nutrients, containing only trace amounts of protein, dietary, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Studies have found honey a remedy for cough. Honey has natural antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help clean wounds and cuts.
Honey is used has a hair and facial treatment because it attracts and retains moisture due to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Ladies who use facial scrubs add honey to most of their recipes. Honey diluted with a bit of warm water has shown to significantly cure dandruff.
Honey can instantly boost your energy level due to the natural sugars in honey.
For those who suffer indigestion, the antiseptic properties of honey relieve acidity in the stomach and alleviate indigestion.
Drinking honey in warm water with lemon on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning helps cleanse the liver, remove toxins and flush fats from the body.
Honey is undeniably useful in several aspects of our lives but it's also high in fructose which can exacerbate preexisting insulin resistance and wreak havoc on the body. However, eating raw honey in moderation could provide many of the benefits mentioned above.

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.healthcaresups.com/is-no2-blast-a-scam-or-legit/ / Paranormal Or Sleep Paralysis Symptoms, Causes And Treatment. / Online Wealth Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.