Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri (22570 Views)

Chinese Man Arrested At Kano Airport With Over 300K All In N5 Denomination. PICS / Nigerian Nabbed In Ghana For Trying To Smuggle Drugs Hidden In Rapped Clothes / Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by emamos: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Thursday arrested a student and four other suspected drug traffickers with 10.255 kilogrammes of narcotics at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA), Lagos.

Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Ahmadu Garba said that the suspects were apprehended for their involvement in smuggling drug hidden in garri adding that two of the drug suspects were coming from Brazil with cocaine while three others were going to South Africa, Dubai and Pakistan when they were arrested.

Mr. Garba further gave the names of those apprehended as “26 year old student Okonkwo Daniel Anagor, was caught with 2.810kgs of Tramadol on his way to Dubai, Lawal Monsuru Ademola, 33 year old trader was arrested with 3.310kgs of methamphetamine on his way to South Africa while Ogbonna Donatus Chigozie was caught attempting to smuggle 610 grammes of cocaine to Pakistan. Two other suspects, Okoro Chibueze Augustine and Okpue Ernest Ifeanyi were caught with 2.575kgs and 950 grammes of cocaine from Brazil”.

Meanwhile Chairman of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade while reacting to the recent arrests called on Nigerians to shun drug trafficking and promote peaceful coexistence.

“Some of the lessons of Eid el Kabir are obedience and love. Let us love one another and obey the laws of the land by avoiding drug trafficking and abuse. This way we can promote safety and peaceful coexistence”.

The NDLEA boss also advised the suspects to turn a new leaf and contribute to nation building stressing further that all the five suspects would soon be charged to court.

Narrating his ordeal, one of the suspects, Mr. Okonkwo David Anagor who was to board Rwand Air flight to Dubai told anti-graft investigators that he wanted to spend some time after his secondary school and further his education in Dubai.

According to him, “I was travelling to Dubai to spend holiday and further my studies but they called me from Dubai that somebody will give me garri in Lagos.

When I got to Lagos, the person called me and gave me the bag of garri. This is my first time of travelling outside the country. At the airport, the garri was searched and 445 sachets of Tramadol were found inside the bag. That was how I was arrested”.

Also, Mr. Lawal Monsuru Ademola, a trader selling clothes at Marina Lagos who holds a Diploma in Computer Installations and Repairs at the Lagos State Polytechnic was caught on his way to South Africa with 3.310kgs of crystalline substance which tested positive for methamphetamine that was neatly packed in 26 parcels in a false bottom of his luggage.

Similarly, Ogbonna Donatus Chigozie was nabbed with 610 grammes of cocaine while attempting to board an Emirate flight to Pakistan.

Okoro Chibueze Augustine who was expecting N2.5 million described his arrest as a bad luck.

In his words, “I have lived in Brazil for a year and six months. I have suffered trying to make ends meet in Brazil. I got involved in drug trafficking so as to start a legitimate business. I expected to have made N2.5 million from the deal.

Unfortunately, my partner who would have collected the drug in Dubai failed to show up so I had to come to Nigeria with the drug. That was not the original plan. This is a bad luck and I feel so sad”. He is single and hails from Imo State.

Okpue Ernest Ifeanyi who had lived in Brazil for a year said that he came to Nigeria for his traditional marriage ceremony. “I work in a restaurant in Brazil. I am 39 years old and I sincerely want to get married and have a family. In the process of trying to make more money, I was given 59 wraps of cocaine to take to Nigeria for N400,000 naira. Now I realized I have made a big mistake. I pray my woman will find a place in her heart to forgive me. I feel I am under a spell” he stated. He hails from Enugu./

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/student-caught-at-lagos-airport-with-10-255kg-of-drugs-hidden-in-garri/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Precious91(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
angry now this may affect price of garri in the market.just saying

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by ab1x: 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Greyworld: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Now that dude wif garri has got a good story line, but he failed 2 tell us wu called him.

Then that okoro guy has no sign of remorse. Claimin "bad luck" hence I suggest they send him 2 Panama city prison.

The dude wu came 4 his marriage don fall d babe n her parents hands big tym.

God punish poverty.

7 Likes

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by emamos: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
ab1x:
hmmmmm
^^
speechless

1 Like

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by ab1x: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
emamos:

^^

Guys are not smiling
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by CR77(f): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
I am here to check d names grin

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by free2ryhme: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Wasted life and future

1 Like

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by MadCow1: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ohaneze calls truce on this one..

No Victor, No Vanquished.. grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by bmxshop: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.

1 Like

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by emamos: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
make dem ban me for a month if d topic no reach fp..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by ExInferis(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Are they from.....

......yep.

Na them.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Aromas: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Greyworld:
God punish poverty.
Amen o

1 Like

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by oluemmakay(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
When shortcut cut you short.

Check my signature...its important than dis news.

2 Likes

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by damton(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Garri has suddenly gained prominence among the comity of food.
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
now we have to check our Gari well o cuz ibos r now mixing cocaine with it o. shocked shocked shocked

Awon Ipob youth olori Alangba won yen

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Bad market

check my signature to see how to start a profitable plantain farming business in the multibillion naira plantain industry
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by kestolove95(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
I came to check d names and I wasn't disappointed..yeebohs again with dia drug pushing bizness...if baba buhari go fix nigeria reputation abroad...yeebohs just yeebohs alone will go and scatter everitin...may God punish dem..

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Richie0974: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Bad
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
whhhhhhat Disgracing Nigeria and Lagosians since 1960

Akpu Eaters
Lagooners
Flat-headed
yeeeeeebo

ibo noooni

kikiki grin grin cheesy cheesy

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by kingarizona1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
The last time I checked, I saw Lawal monsuru ademola!! Now the South West have joined My people to hustle__ lol__ The South Wastern Above me is surprised___ While The poster below me have more to say

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Igbo 1 Yoruba 1 the final result by NCN Name Checkers Association of Nigeria for today's match

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by tropaz(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by yurme(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Na name we cm chck 0

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Dottore: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Guys must survive
Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by steffans(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
tribalism must stop on NL

12 Likes

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by Menace2Society(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ha!but Ademola why?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by AnotherBoss(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yoruba,jack of all all evil trade,master of rapist n ritual.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri by 40manlappy: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Precious91:
angry now this may affect price of garri in the market.just saying

Funny you... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Ghana Over Passport Fraud (photo) / Police Arrest Kidnappers Of UBEC Chairman & Daughter, Recover Arms (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Attacked By Husband's Mistress, OAP Divine Ighovie Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.