Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? (20223 Views)

Issues With Birth Certificate At Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Nicklaus(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Israel5:
Repent and ask Jesus to come into your life. Then you'l be born again and Holyspirit will certify you as a child of God. The offer is open to all and sundry who have been held bound by the power of sin. It's never too late with Jesus.
Even Jesus christ went for census sad

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by chibuezewilliam: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:
I lost my birth certificate a long time ago. now theres an urgent need for it in my job search.
pls how or where can i get one?
if u are around ikorodu area in lagos,just go to the high court in ikorodu and get a new one,no be affidavit o,i mean new one,my popsi just stroll go dere on tuesday go do am for me,u go hold 2500 sha,and 4 ur information,i am over 18 years.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by flokii: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:
I lost my birth certificate a long time ago. now theres an urgent need for it in my job search.

you sure say you lost am.. abi you go hide am so you go fit falsify your age..

Anywaiz you could swear an affidavit in court... cos once a cert. is gone... it's gone

PEACE
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by khadaffi(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
chymystique:
Go back to the hospital where you were given birth in and check if they still ve your records and be able to issue a new one to you OR you go to your LGA @least your parents should ve registered your name there after your birth and get a court affidavit too though to IMO it has now being abused by Nigerians
are you even sure you are nigerian?
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by ayusco85(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:

See dumb question. Whr u take get the one wey been lost?
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by rollex4ever: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
You will get it at National Population Commission office or any of their registration centre. Note: if you are above 18years you need to get affidavit (Declaration of age) from State of Federal high court which will cost you #100or #200. After proceed to NPC office with the affidavit, two passports and #2200. But if you are below 18years...Just go to their office or any of the registration centre with maximum of #500...It will be issued for you... Don't waste your money and time going to any hospital...It only certificate from the commission that is recognized now.. If you need any other information, you can ask me.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by engrsoma(m): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
You can get it by being "Born Again".
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by 52Naira(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:
visit the state NPC office where you reside.You will fill a form with a passport photo and it will be processed and issued.its free.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Sylver247: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
chibuezewilliam:
if u are around ikorodu area in lagos,just go to the high court in ikorodu and get a new one,no be affidavit o,i mean new one,my popsi just stroll go dere on tuesday go do am for me,u go hold 2500 sha,and 4 ur information,i am over 18 years.

am at ikeja o
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Lamasta(m): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
It seems the OP is young aba even a primary school pupil today knows that the replacement of a Birth Cert is an affidavit.....
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by ghetto101(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
Go to National population commission anywhere in Nigeria or local govt office.

Sylver247:
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Sunny4Gold: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:
Go to customary court for age declaration.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by morereb10: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Idiot, must so naive to ask this kind of question
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by iamtheconjee(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Go to National Population Commission. They do birth certificates there. Should cost no more than N5k. If you want death certificate too, it can be issued also.

Sylver247:
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Israel5(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
ayojosh2k:

You are very stupid!!!!!!!!
God bless u
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Israel5(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
ayojosh2k:

You are very stupid!!!!!!!!
God bless u
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Israel5(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
neocortex:

Slave of the Jewish idol, why derailing this thread ?
God bless u
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Israel5(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:

What is really your problem? You people will just jump in without offering assistance and then start preaching. Are things that unorderly in God's kingdom?
any opportunity i get, no mattr d topic, i'l preach Jesus. God bless u.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Okbath(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Go to national population commission to obtain ATTESTATION as a replacement birth certificate can only be issued to under age not adults. Costs over 2k
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by chichriso: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
in my own case I was told by my department HOD to get affidavit and I has been using it since I finished university and even use it to secure job
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by GenOrumov: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
sweettease:

No, they won't. I recently got a new one because my old birth certificate was mishandled and it wasn't as neat as I'd want it to... The size wasn't up to A4 but it's an exact replica of the one my sister has been using from birth. They are usually in charge of recording birth and death so they have easy access to the required document and stamps.
Maybe you were lucky but I know someone that went to Somolu LG, Lagos State and got a fake one from those hustlers at the gate and guess what.... She was denied a visa by the British high commission just for that.
Anyone that wants to go to any government office should for documents of this nature should ensure they speak with someone seated in the office and not those hanging around the entrance to the building lest you fall into the hands of scammers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by raphy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
these smelling mouth preachers wl nt gv pesin space to breath. see wht they com here to post.guy u need to go to a the places sm users hv advice u.i ws born at home i hv birt cert my self.*now playin*started from the bottom by drake.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Sanpas: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Buhari never get certificate, e con be you wey wan ge.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by chibuezewilliam: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sylver247:

am at ikeja o
u fit come ikorodu na,or just locate any court near by
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Sanpas: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Buhari never get certificate, e con be you wey wan get.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by exactly77(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Locate the nearest office of the National Population Commission

Be sure to have information on Date of birth, state, town, LGA of birth, parents name (including mom's maiden name).

Go with a dapper passport photograph

Be ready to pay some money. Can't remember the exact amount. not too much sha.

Come back the next day to collect it. When going to collect, make sure to hold something (tip) for the government workers. They will ask for it. They also have this mentality that everyone who comes for birth attestation is traveling out (are you?). Lol.

Please don't laminate it! Foreign embassies won't accept it.

Be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by greggng: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Depends on ur state. I got mine from my local govt. I wasn't even present but my brother who works their got it for me and sent it via the young shall grow. I only paid 2k at the young shall grow office to collect it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Shigoboy(m): 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
cycline404:
I got mine from National Sensus Board, Somewhere in Surulere
did you got a new birth certificate or sworn affidavit? which area in surulere and how much does it cost?
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by U2ice(m): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
SammieLowkey:
Errr...I have no idea . . *plug head phones back on*

Na ear u take de type for u to av to remove ur headphone?undecided
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by cloud9usher: 5:19am On Sep 26, 2015
Mprepz:
If ur in AKS go to st. Luke's hospital!

Hello, please can you give me the details on how to get it at St. Luke's hospital? I'm presently in Uyo. Thanks.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 26, 2015
cloud9usher:

Hello, please can you give me the details on how to get it at St. Luke's hospital? I'm presently in Uyo. Thanks.

It is along Nwaniba rd immediately you pass the water fountain, you can enter keke from plaza
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate? by SammieLowkey(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2015
U2ice:

Na ear u take de type for u to av to remove ur headphone?undecided
na my style be dat..do ur own
*plug back headphones on*
#N.P-Raggae blues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Anyone Receive Any Notification For An Aptitude Test From First Bank? / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At GSK Nigeria Plc / NTA Has Began sending Shortlisting notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.