Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Pele - Mourinho, I'd Rather Play For Arsenal Than Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele - Mourinho, I'd Rather Play For Arsenal Than Chelsea (598 Views)

Pele Lauds Mbappe For Equaling His 60-year-old Record At World Cup 2018 / I'd Rather Work On My Farm Than To Coach Barcelona & Arsenal - Pochettino / ‘I Wish I Could Play For Nigeria’ – Fatau Dauda (ghana Black Stars Keeper) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pele - Mourinho, I'd Rather Play For Arsenal Than Chelsea by Entertain9jar(f): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2015
ARSENE WENGER claimed that there were no "strikers from heaven" to put the finishing touches on his Arsenal squad to turn them into title contenders.

Yet, in the Halcyon Gallery, New Bond Street, less than five miles from the Emirates, a three-time World Cup winner with more than 1,000 goals to his name was declaring his allegiances to the Gunners.
Initially, he would not be drawn on whether he would prefer to play for the Frenchman or for rival Jose Mourinho. But when pushed he came clean.

"Arsenal is a good team to play for," said Pele. "I like the teams that play open football. Today it is difficult to decide which teams play that way.
"Barcelona are the closest in style to Santos and are almost the same style as Brazil in 1970.
"Between Chelsea and Arsenal? I would play for Arsenal. Do you think I still have a chance?" He may now be 75, but he's still Pele. The same spry mischief that used to live in his feet now flashes from his eyes at the prospect.

Full News: http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2015/09/pele-sticks-boot-into-mourinho-by.html#0

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Koeman: Mourinho Must Learn From Wenger's 'fantastic Football' / FIFA U-17 Semi-final: Nigeria 4 Vs 2 Mexico (live Updates) / U.S. Soccer, Resolving Lawsuit, Will Limit Headers For Youth Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.