Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,573 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (15865 Views)

I Want To Sell My Blog + The Naija Adsense On It. / My Killer Secret Of Making Money Without Adsense On My Blog(appwealthng) / Youtube Introduces Strict Rules For Approving Adsense On Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
paranorman:
Most bloggers want to make money quickly, so bad that they forget building a brand!
The newbies are in it for the wrong reasons. Some are not even passionate about it.
I have seen people trying to build a brand here on NL, example is naijasingles blogger girl.
Build a strong brand and all other things will follow.
sup old timer! Only one deep in the game understand what building brand means and that comes with building an effective system!
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
iwriterng:

Exactly! Blogging is like any other business. Once you brand it accordingly, you would never want to "tint" your brand with poor Google Ads. I don't know if you've heard of online entreprenuers (This is the right term because these ones are not just bloggers) like Niel Patel, Jon Morrow, Ramsey of Blog Tyrant, Darren Rowse, Ramit Sethi, etc. These guys make millions from their blog without displaying any ads on the blog. Some Nigerians are focusing on branding as well, people like Chioma Anozie of SimplyQuintessential, Bamidele Onibalusi of WritersInCharge Jason Nwachukwu of BlogVerve are doing pretty well too.

Buildinga brand comes with effective system in place. Many aren't doing it the real way.

Those blogs you referred to have back end products that they sell.

Too many shaoling of fishes in Nigeria's blogosphere.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by tgmservice: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
For me its adsense all the way though I still make use of local and international product promotion. But my adsense account brings in over $12000 dollars monthly for me
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Policewoman(f): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
talk2hb1:
lipsrsealed
Why did you think the like of Seun, Linda Ikeji dropped Google Adsense?
I thought Linda used Google adsense?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by paranorman(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
fxbot:
sup old timer! Only one deep in the game understand what building brand means and that comes with building an effective system!
hehehehe. well, I am no blogger but I strongly believe in building a strong brand.. that was what Apple did and yet they are the least innovative amongst the trio: other two being Microsoft and Google. Who could do without those two in the cooperate world and life affairs?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by pacespot(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
You can just use AdSense to have a taste of blogging income as a starter, but when your authority grow with time, it will be foolish not to explore selling your own products and other Ads/promotions

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by iwriterng(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
tgmservice:
For me its adsense all the way though I still make use of local and international product promotion. But my adsense account brings in over $12000 dollars monthly for me

You're lying.

11 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
paranorman:

hehehehe. well, I am no blogger but I strongly believe in building a strong brand.. that was what Apple did and yet they are the least innovative amongst the trio: other two being Microsoft and Google. Who could do without those two in the cooperate world and life affairs?
yeah. Building a brand isn't easy per se but that's where the taste of your passion comes in.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
iwriterng:

You're lying.
Adsense does not often connotes Google adsense in the sense you percieve it.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Policewoman:
I thought Linda used Google adsense?
she doesn't use it much. Just two on both sides. The rest are personal ads.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by tgmservice: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
iwriterng:

You're lying.
why should I lie over nothin could have posted my earnings here but it is against google rules and I made a recent withdrawal
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by FincoApps(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
lol you sound like a typical white man
ramalot:

Posting an image of your earnings dashboard is a TOS violation, and is like begging Google to shut down your account.

When they do, I bet you'll start a topic titled "Google is racist against black bloggers, and closed my account for no reason." undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Rexyl(m): 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
A very good piece. How to get those affiliate links for serious money making on one's blog? And again is it possible to have both the affiliate links and google AdSense running on a blog to to make money without one affecting the other?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Davied2: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Google adsense banned me recently with $3000+
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by adeememman(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
BEST ADSENSE ALTERNATIVE FOR BLOGGERS/PUBLISHERS
As a blogger I know how difficult it is to dedicate time to create rich contents for your readers. When it comes to monetizing your website/blog through Adsense then Google begins to act funny by rejecting many applications even after several trials. Actually Google only approves about less than 1% of the applications they receive. As a concerned publisher, I’ve found two reliable alternatives to Adsense (actually there are hundreds of them) but these two are very rewarding. Its what I use to monetize this blog and I can say their services are excellent. Their application process and payment is very easy. They are Infolinks and PopAds;
Infolinks: Infolinks is a Pay per click advertisement network that allows you to make money through your blog based on specific keywords. Infolinks indexes your pages and automatically add some hyperlinks in your text. It is a good alternative to Adsense. They can pay you via PayPal, Wire Transfer, Check, Western Union, ACH and Payoneer and there’s an initial limit of $50. Infolinks is great for big websites and it works in English, Spanish, French and German websites. Start using Infolinks and sign up as a publisher here.
Read more here: www.madesimpleonline.xyz/2015/09/best-adsense-alternative-for-nigerian.html
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by LivingGod22: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
iwriterng:

It still amaze me why it took so long before he implemented his personal ads serving platform (Maybe he's not business wise). When you have a site like nairaland, the only way to make money is by creating ads space, he is still missing out on some other methods anyway, he should have premium section for business people, he should also allow sticky post when you buy the spot. SEUN!!! Hire me as your CFO.

You don't divulge info like that next time. Your 2 points could have fetch you thousands of naira if properly used

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 26, 2015
iwriterng:

No, it's not difficult to make decent income from affiliate marketing. The key is to target the right audience and you will earn enough to cater for your bills. If you promote a product that would benefit your audience, you don't need a thousand pageviews to earn good income, as a matter of fact, when it comes to affiliate marketing, the fewer and targeted the audience is, the higher your income.

Take for instance you're promoting a hosting account product, and your blog is about "blogging", if you write an evergreen post on how to set up a blog with comprehensive guide on setting up a hosting account, you would agree with me that a newbie would prefer to follow your affiliate link to set up his/her hosting account, then searching for hosting company online.

If you know your onions, creating your own product won't be a difficult task, and promoting it won't be difficult as well. All you need is to gain the trust of your audience, and you would have a stable source of income, compared to gaining Google trust. When you rely on Google; every update will give you hyper/hypotension, because you have no idea what animal will hit you this time around; penguin, panda e.t.c.

Yes! You can make cool money from sponsored post as well, check the picture attached, that a sample, and I get about three or four of this request per month. Now tell me, how many bloggers earn $500 per month from adsense without busting their assss?
Well I am not saying its impossible to make money with your methods I was just saying its more difficult than adsense, I am still to find a better paying ad network than this.

I know you and the few that might get it right in those methods but the average blogger will always make more on adsense
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by krestup: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
In my opinion adsense is not as bad as some people make it to be. So far so good it's still the easiest and quickest way to make money online from your blog. All the big blogs that are even doing direct ads still have adsense on their blog. With a decent traffic and been able to optimize your adsense ads in the right position, you can be able to make money through adsense.
Selling an affiliate product is a good way to monetize your blog but it really depends on your niche and how well you are able to pitch the product to your readers. You need to be a good sales person to make money from affiliate.
Sponsor post is also an effective way to make money but you need to have a popular blog with heavy traffic because any person that is willing to pay you for a sponsor post would want to get the maximum benefit for he / her money. The same thing applying to direct ads.
Adsense is still a good way to monetize your blog especially if you are still growing your traffic.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by bedfordng(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2015
when you give disadvantages of using adsense, you failed to give disadvantages of using affiliate links.like some one said, you can have 500 clicks to an affiliate link but no single action taking, so its also a waste of traffic and increase in bounce rate.

When making points, you made it seems like affiliate marketing is cheap and easy, you did not give disadvantages of using them also.just take it, adsense is just one among the thousand ways money making scheme and so as affiliate.they are both money making scheme one can use to monetize their site.

Affiliate links works best on a niches site.no need discouraging one to use adsense if they have it.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by james809: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2015
Pop under rocks and you don't get banned like adsense.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by enewsupdate: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2015
i have the best way to earn money online is here i read the article i have started with this first so recommended you too
http://www.enews-update.com/make-money-using-internet-how-to-earn-with-blogging.html
how to earn with blogging / how to earn money online

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by ifywise(f): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
enewsupdate:
i have the best way to earn money online is here i read the article i have started with this first so recommended you too
https://www.enews-update.com/make-money-using-internet-how-to-earn-with-blogging.html

Pls how do you create or design this type of image you posted here?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by judchuks20(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
iwriterng:

You're lying.

Yes he is.

He's looking for people who will pay him to teach them how to earn so much in Adsense. He is simply a scammer!
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
chichriso:
I greatly agree with the OP
I love the design on your blog. How can I get a design like that?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by chichriso: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ofatfoed:
I love the design on your blog. How can I get a design like that?
Am the one that code it that way, if you need it i will do same to you
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
chichriso:

Am the one that code it that way, if you need it i will do same to you
I need it. i also want to customise the blogger template on my blog. my url is themedicaid..com
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by chichriso: 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ofatfoed:

I need it. i also want to customise the blogger template on my blog. my url is themedicaid..com

otuchrist@gmail.com
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
chichriso:

otuchrist@gmail.com
okay! my email is emmanuelopeyemi97@gmail.com
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by chichriso: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ofatfoed:

okay! my email is emmanuelopeyemi97@gmail.com

if you need my assistance email me i wil help u
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
chichriso:

if you need my assistance email me i wil help u
Email sent!
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by FunadoysKitchen(f): 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
To think i was thinking adsense all along...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things People Do Online That Freaks Me Out! / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort / Differences Between Http And Https Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.