|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,257,883 members, 4,939,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 11:59 AM
Jaguar Breaks Electric World Speed Record With This Battery-powered V20E Boat / 2019 Lamborghini Urus Unveiled - The World’s First Super Sport Utility Vehicle / See The Amazing Honda Hydrogen Powered Car Set To Hit World In 2017 (2) (3) (4)
|BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by ojoawo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2015|
BLOODHOUND SSC is a unique, high-technology project to design and build a car that will break the 1,000mph barrier and set a new world land speed record. Designed and constructed in the UK, BLOODHOUND SSC includes components and sponsorship from international companies and will make its record attempt in South Africa.
1. The temperature in the rocket is twice as hot as the inside of a volcano
2. 300 people have spent 3 years clearing 15800 tonnes of small stones by hand to create a perfectly flat surface
3. At full speed, the BLOODHOUND SSC will cover 1.6 kilometers in 3.6seconds. That is equivalent to 4.5 football pitches laid end to end in 1 second.
4. At top speed, Bloodhound’s 95kg forged aluminium wheels will spin over 10,000 times per minute, or 170 revolutions per second.
5. 5 70-meter tall 4G masts have been permanently installed to get data from Bloodhound to the internet, via Uppington, 150 miles from the Hakskeen Pan. To stay after the Bloodhound project is over, the masts bring a superfast internet connected to a local community who have never previously been online.
The Other Facts:
1. The pencil-shaped car, powered by a jet engine and a rocket engine is designed to reach 1,050 miles per hour (1,690 km/h)
2. Bloodhound SSC will then be tested on the Hakskeen Pan in the Mier area of theNorthern Cape, South Africa where a track 12 miles (19 km) long, 2 miles (3.2 km) wide has been cleared.
3. The task of driving the Bloodhound will fall to Andy Green, who will lie feet-first in the Bloodhound SSC. As the car accelerates from 0 to 1,000 mph (0 to 1,609 km/h) in 42 seconds, he will experience a force of approximately 2.5g (two-and-a-half times his body weight.original
4. To slow the vehicle, Green will deploy airbrakes at 800 mph (1,300 km/h) with disc brakes used below 250 mph (400 km/h). As he decelerates, he will experience a force of up to 3g.
5. A prototype Eurojet EJ200 jet engine developed for the Eurofighter and bound for a museum, was donated to the project. This will take the car to 300 mph (480 km/h), after which a bespoke hybrid rocket designed by Nammo will boost the car up to 1,000 miles per hour (1,609 km/h). A third engine, a Jaguar supercharged V-8, will be used as an auxiliary power and to drive the oxidizer pump for the rocket.
6. The Nammo hybrid rocket will be fueled by liquid high-test peroxide and solid hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene.
Source Link -http://www.dammydudu.com/2015/09/bloodhound-ssc-the-car-set-to-break-world-land-speed-record/
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by MrPristine: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2015|
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by tmanis(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2015|
Next car loading....
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by kingreign(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2015|
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2015|
What's up bro?
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by kingreign(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2015|
Siena:My oga, na the figures I dey see o.... I was wishing it would be lunched in Naija, when I saw SA, I became offended and disliked it.
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by Souljaboi1: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2015|
Its more longer than expected but the aerodynamics seems okay.
The entire idea is just to put theory into practice and isn't commercially viable, hence why I'm not too amazed by it.
If it was designed to be a low orbit aerial vehicle it would have been a spectacle. With an apogee of around 1500 ft, it would have set the platform for investors to look into the concept of flying cars.
All in all, it a good design.
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by chucky234(m): 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2015|
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record by DaimlerBen(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2015|
But the YouTube video showed a Cosworth engine for the pump. Are they confused?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49