Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop (1994 Views)

GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / Car Vibrates After Engine Wash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hello guys

Please I noticed that radiator fan of my Toyota Camry XLE 2012 keeps working after I turned off the engine. What could be the cause? Has anyone have similar experience?
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by yemobrown(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
Mutairu must have looped your cooling fan wiring to make the fan run faster so that it will power your air-conditioning system instead of replacing the fan. Or you can check your relay, it may be bad.

Only Mutairu and Mukaila can...
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
lol...I do not agree to this Mutairu must have looped your cooling fan wiring to make the fan run faster so that it will power your air-conditioning system instead of replacing the fan. because it's still a new toks.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Mayor555(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Calapar:
Hello guys

Please I noticed that radiator fan of my Toyota Camry XLE 2012 keeps working after I turned off the engine. What could be the cause? Has anyone have similar experience?

If it stops after a while, nothing is wrong with your car....

That's the factory set.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
Bro, it doesn't stop. It drains the battery. In the meantime, I remove the battery after parking.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by cyborg123(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
Does the fan remain permanently on once the car is running or it works intermittently based on engine temperature as it should?
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
The fan continues to fun even when the engine is off till it drains the battery.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by sacx: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2019
When you drive, does the fan go off at any point or it turns continuously?
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
Yes, it goes off when AC isn't on. But when it's on, it goes on.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by cyborg123(m): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
This seems like a stuck fan relay but I don't expect the fan to cycle when the engine is on. It seems your car's factory wiring has been messed with.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by yemobrown(m): 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
Calapar:
lol...I do not agree to this Mutairu must have looped your cooling fan wiring to make the fan run faster so that it will power your air-conditioning system instead of replacing the fan. because it's still a new toks.

You may not agree but what I wrote up there was my experience with a rewire who said my fan was not runing so fast to carry my air-con unless he loops the fan wiring to beef up the fan. He did it and the AC picked up but my fan still runs when my engine is switched off, it stops runing after like 4-5 seconds.

I still use the car till date
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Your own is better but my own runs perpetually nonstop till it drains the battery. It's a new toks.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by alphaNomega: 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
Take your car to an autoelectrician. He should trace and replace the damaged relay with one of equal spec then you will be fine.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by autologic: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2019
Calapar:
Hello guys

4 cylinder or V6 ?
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
4 cyclinder
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
alphaNomega:
Take your car to an autoelectrician. He should trace and replace the damaged relay with one of equal spec then you will be fine.
thanks
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by dare01: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Calapar:
Hello guys

Its normal for a car radiator fan to run for a while after the engine is turn off but in your case you need to take the car to a competent auto electrician. Moreover you can run a scan if a code would pop-up concerning the fault.
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
I had a similar case with a Dodge ram pickup,the cabin ac fan will switch on in the middle of the night,hmm,I later found out from a friend in the states that cars with such funny electric problems are flood damaged vehicles, sometimes if you switch the AC on the headlights will come on or u put on the wiper and the window will roll down,crazy!!
Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by Calapar(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Thanks all. I took a risk of giving it to a rewire. The guy fixed it well. Since Sunday this week, it's been okay. And the guy didn't change any relay. He only checked the connections and said it was electrical issue.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop by DeCanadian: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
What electrical issues, hope he has not made a direct connection to your fan.

(1) (Reply)

Useful Advice On Buying & Paying Required Duty For A Car In Cotonou By Oneself / Mitsubishi Pajero Starting And Firing Issues / Toyota Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance: Inverter/converter assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.