Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

A Born Again And Sports Betting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Born Again And Sports Betting (571 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Born Again And Sports Betting by Realtouchnot: 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Please, I need the opinion of only mature Christians. I had some discussions with people in the morning. I discovered some of them, who I revered as Born Again were involved in Sports betting. So, apert from personal consecrations, should a serious Born Again Christian be involved in betting?
Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by slap1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
No
Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by bxcode(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Realtouchnot:
Please, I need the opinion of only mature Christians. I had some discussions with people in the morning. I discovered some of them, who I revered as Born Again were involved in Sports betting. So, apert from personal consecrations, should a serious Born Again Christian be involved in betting?
Ask them to give you any instance in the scripture either in parables or otherwise where gambling was admonished.
Gambling as a believer will make your heart hardened towards the things of God. Is God a gambler? The truth is that gambling can never, will never make you řich or happy because it has no foundation. You can't just go from zero to 100km/h without crashing your head. They may win but that money will bring nothing but sorrow and misery to them even without them knowing. I was once into gambling some years back so am telling you out of experience and also biblically. If they really know God, they wouldn't be expecting God to bless them through gambling because it's nowhere near the few natural principles that govern wealth.

2 Likes

Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by Realtouchnot: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
bxcode:

Ask them to give you any instance in the scripture either in parables or otherwise where gambling was admonished.
Gambling as a believer will make your heart hardened towards the things of God. Is God a gambler? The truth is that gambling can never, will never make you řich or happy because it has no foundation. You can't just go from zero to 100km/h without crashing your head. They may win but that money will bring nothing but sorrow and misery to them even without them knowing. I was once into gambling some years back so am telling you out of experience and also biblically. If they really know God, they wouldn't be expecting God to bless them through gambling because it's nowhere near the few natural principles that govern wealth.

Thanks for the indebt response, but sports betting is a legal business. The Scriptures also didn't go against it, either
Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by bxcode(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Realtouchnot:

Thanks for the indebt response, but sports betting is a legal business. The Scriptures also didn't go against it, either
Agreed sir. But not everything that is legal in the eyes of man is approved of God. You can only be on one side, if you want to walk with God there are billions of legal things you can't do not because they are sin but because they will harden your heart towards God.
That's the difference between an overcome and those Christians running after signs and wonders. What you are sensitive to is what you will manifest daily.
Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by God2man(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
God spoke to me in dream not to be involved in betting. I didn't even pray about it

God2man.

1 Like

Re: A Born Again And Sports Betting by Heavenly102: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
What God doesn't like is speculation if they are good at betting and they bet with the assurance of a net win position, then it's ok

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Religion Turning Into??? / See What A Full Blooded African Open His Mouth And Say. Tufi-akwa. / WHY ALL CHRISTIAN MUST MEDITATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.